Luggage Valet is Awesome!

My husband and I recently used this service while on our Oasis of the Seas Cruise. It's $20 per bag + whatever baggage fees your airline charges.

We signed up for it on the television in our room or you can go to Guest Services and sign up for it. On the last day of our cruise we received an envelope with our printed boarding passes and tags for our luggage, which we put out in the hallway at night.

Because we didn't have luggage to contend with at port, we were able to get off the ship at 8:00. We were off the ship and through customs by 8:30.

This service is especially nice if you have some time to kill in port before catching your flight.

My husband and I recently used this service while on our Oasis of the Seas Cruise. It's $20 per bag + whatever baggage fees your airline charges.

We signed up for it on the television in our room or you can go to Guest Services and sign up for it. On the last day of our cruise we received an envelope with our printed boarding passes and tags for our luggage, which we put out in the hallway at night.

Because we didn't have luggage to contend with at port, we were able to get off the ship at 8:00. We were off the ship and through customs by 8:30.

This service is especially nice if you have some time to kill in port before catching your flight.

Many of us agree with you and have used the service many times. Too bad it isn't offered at every port.

Like the others, we really like luggage valet and use it when we can. We try to time our flights that make that possible.

I'm not sure though of what happens to the luggage after it leave the ships. I imagine there is a service that does this for RCI. On our last cruise ending in November on the Oasis we used the service. When we arrived in BWI one of our luggage pieces arrived, one did not. The remaining piece arrived 3 hours later on another flight. Lots of things went thru our minds at that time that hadn't before.

Who would we have contacted should we never received our luggage? Who was responsible for it, the airline didn't seem to know or care about since we hadn't checked it in with them. We had no paperwork. We met 4 other families that came from the Oasis that also were missing luggage that used luggage valet. The airline was no help, they could only suggest we hang around and check all the other carousels for flights coming from FLL. They gave us a list of all incoming flights from FLL to check. That was the extent of their help.

We are using the valet service in March and hope this won't happen again but we still have these questions.

Edited by CruiseKeeper

Another positive is your airline boarding pass is delivered to your cabin on the last day. I used luggage valet after an Oasis cruise and flew from Ft Lauderdale to Birmingham, AL with a change of planes in Atlanta. Upon arrival in Birmingham my bags were waiting at baggage pick up.

If your flying Southwest which allows 2 bags per person and you each have one bag you can put them under one person and only pay $20.

This is what we do too, especially with kids and trying to keep luggage down it is less to put 2 bags under me and then 1 under one of the others since we bring 3 bags for 3 of us.

How does this work if your airline charges bag fees? I've only used valet when we flew southwest with free bag check.

They will add your airline fees into your onboard account. So we paid $90.00 total. $50 for united Airlines baggage fee per person and 40.00 for the luggage valet.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Another positive is your airline boarding pass is delivered to your cabin on the last day. I used luggage valet after an Oasis cruise and flew from Ft Lauderdale to Birmingham, AL with a change of planes in Atlanta. Upon arrival in Birmingham my bags were waiting at baggage pick up.

I liked that we received our boarding passes too. I was a little paranoid because we had a connecting flight from Ft. Lauderdale to Houston, Houston to Denver. Imagine my delight seeing my luggage in Denver. [emoji3]

If your flying Southwest which allows 2 bags per person and you each have one bag you can put them under one person and only pay $20.

Thanks for this tip, I didn't know that. I'll remember this info for our next cruise.

Our flight on Southwest last week after our Allure of the Seas cruise was at 6:15 so we didn't know if we would qualify for Luggage Valet or not. Technically your Southwest flight has to be before 6:00. It took me 4 conversations with on board customer service who each time gave me a slightly different answer but finally a supervisor reluctantly talked to me and said I could apply for Luggage Valet but she wouldn't know until 7:00 the night before the end of our cruise whether we would get Luggage Valet.

I felt like we won the lottery when our stateroom attendant brought us the Luggage Valet tags and our boarding passes at about 7:00 PM. I was so happy we were not going to have to carry our luggage around Fort Lauderdale till our flight.

I was a bit concerned about not having actual baggage claim tags in case our luggage didn't show up in Denver but I fretted for nothing...Our luggage was the first on the baggage claim carousal in Denver.

I highly recommend Luggage Valet!

I didn't realize that there was a time limit on the air flight to leave. I guess since our flight isn't until 9:30 p.m. that we will not be able to use the valet? I guess we will have to rent a car. Had planned to use the water taxi most of the day.