Trying to help a friend-Westerdam

Reijo

I have a friend sailing on the Westerdam and has asked a couple of questions. I'm not familiar with Holland America so hope someone can help. Does this ship have hair dryers and do they supply shampoo? Would appreciate any help so I can pass it along.

I've used the hair dryer on HAL ships and it's OK. I can't remember hating or loving it, so it must have done the job without a fight.

Toiletries are by Elemis. Bath gel, soap (this may not be Elemis, I forget), shampoo, conditioner.

Bar soap is Elemis. I love it!

DW says the hair dryer is OK, but she still prefers her own small powerful travel hair dryer (can't teach an old wife new tricks). As to shampoo, like many ladies..DW is a bit choosy and will sometimes bring her own favorite shampoo....and other times use whatever is provided. I no longer ask :).

Hank

Bringing your own hair dryer aboard is not allowed. They will take and keep it until the end of the cruise. I don't know about curling. Irons. I have tinted hair and use their shampoo and conditioner and it is not harsh or drying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never had them take away my hair dryer on any ship.

There is a hairdryer in every cabin, and shampoo, conditioner, and body wash in dispensers in the shower.

I've had a hairdryer in my luggage, too, because we usually spend a few days in port prior to a cruise, and I always pack my travel hair dryer. So far - touch wood - I haven't had it taken away.

Edited by Lizzie68

Bringing your own hair dryer aboard is not allowed. They will take and keep it until the end of the cruise. I don't know about curling. Irons. I have tinted hair and use their shampoo and conditioner and it is not harsh or drying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's news to me. I usually use theirs but have brought my own no problem and curling irons and flat irons (hair) are absolutely permitted.

I was told that the hairdryer was like a coffee maker or any other small appliance that was not allowed in the cabin. I must be mistaken. I n very take a hairdryer anywhere. Hotels always have them and the ship's hair dryer works fine for me. Less to pack

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Just off the Westerdam and can report that the hair dryer can be found inside the desk cabinet, top shelf on the lefthand side. I believe you can only plug it in at the desk; at any rate, not in the bathroom.

Really? Can't use the hairdryer in the bathroom? Is there no plug in the bathroom? How do you dry your hair in the morning without waking anyone else up?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Really? Can't use the hairdryer in the bathroom? Is there no plug in the bathroom? How do you dry your hair in the morning without waking anyone else up?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

There is a hairdryer unit attached to the wall in the bathroom. The second/ portable hairdryer can be found in a drawer of the desk.