Reservation cancelled!

On January 22, our travel agent advised us that our confirmed reservation on the Jan. 22, 2017 cruise on Allure of The Seas has been cancelled.

It seems that the entire ship has been chartered. I would like to know "by whom"?

Further. our compensation is going to be $100 per passenger. BIG DEAL!!

That boils down to pennies out of R.C.'s pocket. That is an insult to loyal customers (Diamond member).

What do you'all suggest? I am mad as can be! Besides my travel agent goes through all kids of problems with no more in his pocket for the trouble, as far as I know. Another unfair practice.

On January 22, our travel agent advised us that our confirmed reservation on the Jan. 22, 2017 cruise on Allure of The Seas has been cancelled.

It seems that the entire ship has been chartered. I would like to know "by whom"?

Further. our compensation is going to be $100 per passenger. BIG DEAL!!

That boils down to pennies out of R.C.'s pocket. That is an insult to loyal customers (Diamond member).

What do you'all suggest? I am mad as can be! Besides my travel agent goes through all kids of problems with no more in his pocket for the trouble, as far as I know. Another unfair practice.

A year out wouldn't devastate me

How unfortunate to have had this happen to you. We always book our cruises about two years out, and what happened to you is our worst fear. You pick your perfect cabin, get a decent rate, and you really look forward to all the fun you will have. Then RCCL takes it all away from you! I feel extremely sorry for you. I agree with Bob, Royal should offer you something else, and with price protection. Hopefully you will be able to turn this horrible situation around. Good luck and keep us posted.

Interesting that the cost of displacing already booked guests is a part of the charter cost. $6M to charter an Oasis class ship for a week sounds like a bargain!

How unfortunate to have had this happen to you. We always book our cruises about two years out, and what happened to you is our worst fear. You pick your perfect cabin, get a decent rate, and you really look forward to all the fun you will have. Then RCCL takes it all away from you! I feel extremely sorry for you. I agree with Bob, Royal should offer you something else, and with price protection. Hopefully you will be able to turn this horrible situation around. Good luck and keep us posted.

There is certainly no shortage of other RCL cruises to choose from out of FL leaving within a week or so of the one that was canceled. If one REALLY wanted to go on the "mega-ship", the Oasis will be sailing out of Port Canaveral. The Oasis is leaving Port Canaveral to the Eastern Caribbean on the same day (2017-01-22) as the Allure was leaving.

Maybe by these guys?

https://universityatsea.com/coursedetails.php?program_number=2410

I'm scheduled for the week prior. Does anyone have experience with being onboard with a charter imminent? Does the crew behave any differently with the charter approaching?

Maybe by these guys?

I'm scheduled for the week prior. Does anyone have experience with being onboard with a charter imminent? Does the crew behave any differently with the charter approaching?

Only happened to us once, but I could not detect any difference.

Maybe by these guys?

We were on a sailing prior to a "lifestyle cruise" and there was no difference other than the crew was very excited because apparently those cruisers are or were very big drinkers and good tippers.:)

A year out , $100 for the canceled sailing is generous .

Especially, it is too early to have had flights booked .

Plenty of other choices this far out.

ITA. Doesn't seem to be a huge loss, just a little inconvenience.