Speciality Restaurants for non suite guests

Maverine

Hi, we are first timers on Azamara. During our cruise on Azamara Journey in March/ April we'll have our anniversary. For this evening we would like to book Prime C or Aqualina but I have not found if I can do this before boarding. As I learned from some posts the suite guest will book most of the tables on all days since they have complimentary access to this venues. Is there an opportunity to pre book a table if you don't stay in a suite ( we will be "just" in a veranda stateroom.)? Or can we / have we to do this right after boarding?

Hi, we are first timers on Azamara. During our cruise on Azamara Journey in March/ April we'll have our anniversary. For this evening we would like to book Prime C or Aqualina but I have not found if I can do this before boarding. As I learned from some posts the suite guest will book most of the tables on all days since they have complimentary access to this venues. Is there an opportunity to pre book a table if you don't stay in a suite ( we will be "just" in a veranda stateroom.)? Or can we / have we to do this right after boarding?

Do it right after boarding. Sometimes there is a table on the pier you would pass right after check-in where you can do it.

Depending on what time you like to eat, you should be able to get a reservation after boarding. To make sure, just book as soon as you can. There will be someone to help with this either at the pier when checking in, or right after you board the ship. Happy anniversary and happy cruising

Thank you for your fast response. We'll try to get a reservation asap after boarding.

From what I have been reading, suite guests are not given any priority over the non suite guests with regards to the reservations. We are not in a suite and want to book the Chefs Table PLUS 4 (We are on the 16 night Asian cruise beginning of March - 5 weeks and counting). We like to eat early and from what I can gather this should not be a problem. The more popular time is usually 7.30 to 8 and a bit later. We tend to like a cocktail before our meal whilst we peruse the menu and having a reservation for 6 - 6.30 should (I hope) not be a problem.

From what I have been reading, suite guests are not given any priority over the non suite guests with regards to the reservations. We are not in a suite and want to book the Chefs Table PLUS 4 (We are on the 16 night Asian cruise beginning of March - 5 weeks and counting). We like to eat early and from what I can gather this should not be a problem. The more popular time is usually 7.30 to 8 and a bit later. We tend to like a cocktail before our meal whilst we peruse the menu and having a reservation for 6 - 6.30 should (I hope) not be a problem.

We've never had a problem getting an early booking in the speciality restaurants, provided we plan ahead at the beginning of the cruise. It can get a bit more difficult later in the cruise, especially on sea days.

We've never had a problem getting an early booking in the speciality restaurants, provided we plan ahead at the beginning of the cruise. It can get a bit more difficult later in the cruise, especially on sea days.

That's good to hear as I have the same concern as the OP. So does everyone have to wait until they board to book speciality restaurants?

That's good to hear as I have the same concern as the OP. So does everyone have to wait until they board to book speciality restaurants?

Yes, but there is also usually a desk set up just after check in. I have seen a bit of talk on the board recently about booking the Specialties and possibly not getting in. Honestly, in all my Azamara cruises in suite and non-suite cabins I've never had an issue getting into either Prime C or Aqualina. You might need to be a little flexible on time and give a little notice, but the Maitre d's will always do what they can to accommodate you. It's really not a problem. Well it's never been for me.

Phil

Yes, but there is also usually a desk set up just after check in. I have seen a bit of talk on the board recently about booking the Specialties and possibly not getting in. Honestly, in all my Azamara cruises in suite and non-suite cabins I've never had an issue getting into either Prime C or Aqualina. You might need to be a little flexible on time and give a little notice, but the Maitre d's will always do what they can to accommodate you. It's really not a problem. Well it's never been for me.

Phil

Never been a problem for us either Phil. We just go up to speak to the Maitre D on the first evening and book the nights we want. On occasion, we don't like the look of the MDR menu on that night perhaps and we have just rung Prime C or Aqualina and asked whether they have any availability and the answer has always been Yes....what time would you like to dine? No problems at all.

During our recent 16 days on the Journey, we noticed lots of empty tables in both Prime C and Aqualina. In fact, the specialty restos were almost never full, and we at there most nights. You might have to be a bit flexible as to the time of your reservation, but you should be able to get a table for your special celebration.

During our recent 16 days on the Journey, we noticed lots of empty tables in both Prime C and Aqualina. In fact, the specialty restos were almost never full, and we at there most nights. You might have to be a bit flexible as to the time of your reservation, but you should be able to get a table for your special celebration.

Good to see. I am hoping for a half dozen dinners over the 16 nights we're onboard Quest, and am going to make the reservations early on just to be sure we get our preferred time. We tend to be late-ish diners, which on the larger lines makes it easy to get a booking in most parts of the world, but I guess the Azamara demographic is a little different.:)

It is interesting the different dynamics on different cruises. On our first Azamara cruise to the Mediterranean we ate in the Speciality Restaurants 3 times making reservations the day before or day of. On our 2nd cruise to the Caribbean, speciality restaurants were booked solid after boarding was complete. I assume one of the differences is the longer port times for the Mediterranean cruise with many people eating onshore.

Phil

That's good to know, we can be flexible as to the time. To us in a non-suite, it is one of the few ways to use OBC's.

We've never had a problem booking a speciality restaurant and we don't usually book them on embarkation day.

If someone is doing a b2b, can you book nights for the second leg while you're doing the first leg of your cruise?[/QUOTE]

I have that question as well as we are booked on the 2018 WC which is comprised of 8 different segments (don't even get me started on that topic :rolleyes:)

Hi, we are first timers on Azamara. During our cruise on Azamara Journey in March/ April we'll have our anniversary. For this evening we would like to book Prime C or Aqualina

I hope it is not the same evening as Amazing or white evening.

The four of us, two couples, spent 10 nights on the Journey last August. Ate at all three Chef's Tables (French, Italian, California - in descending order we liked them) and five nights in the specialty restaurants without any problem for any night. Staff was always in the buffet restaurant at breakfast trying to book; they also had specials for reduced price of multiple bookings! Our favorite was Prime C, yet Aqualina was fine. We were relatively disappointed by the MDR.

We were booked in a veranda room for our first Azamara cruise.

Best wishes for your cruise and a "Happy Anniversary."

When you first get on board the Journey ask one of the crew members where the specialty restaurant booking table is. Last year on Quest it was in Windows, the time before on Journey it was in the Mosaic area. We wanted a table for 4 at around 8pm, on a sea night, that didn't interfere with the White Night. The staff who took our bookings were able to tell us when the white night was, and we were able to book accordingly :D

Restaurants & drink package all done within 30 minutes of boarding!;)

Just ask - they are more than happy to help.

Have a lovely anniversary :D

Good to see. I am hoping for a half dozen dinners over the 16 nights we're onboard Quest, and am going to make the reservations early on just to be sure we get our preferred time. We tend to be late-ish diners, which on the larger lines makes it easy to get a booking in most parts of the world, but I guess the Azamara demographic is a little different.:)

Our experience is that most AZ guests dine before 8:00, so this again will make it easier for you. And yes, booking your speciality reservations when you first board is a good idea, even if it is not absolutely necessary.

It is interesting the different dynamics on different cruises. On our first Azamara cruise to the Mediterranean we ate in the Speciality Restaurants 3 times making reservations the day before or day of. On our 2nd cruise to the Caribbean, speciality restaurants were booked solid after boarding was complete. I assume one of the differences is the longer port times for the Mediterranean cruise with many people eating onshore.

Yes, this is indeed interesting and I am sure it does indeed vary. Note that we have been on AZ only on Atlantic crossings, 3 of them.