AQ Class Update

sptrout

We just returned from an 11 day Equinox cruise Friday (01/22/16) and I thought I would post an update on the AQ cabin amenities.

1. No water except for two "welcome bottles". However, we had a Classic Package so bottled water was easily available everywhere.

2. There was a welcome bottle of sparkling wine; the same as we have had in previous AQ cabins. I wonder when this will be stopped since it is no longer mentioned as part of AQ.

3. The cabin provided Spa Kit was still there when we walked in; slippers (2 pairs, but useless IMO), two bags (spa and a Celebrity Tote Bag), and one lip balm (I guess a couple is supposed to share???).

4. The "pillow menu" was gone (and yes, I knew where it has always been hidden). The pillows now provided are terrible; maybe the worst pillows I have ever used. I have had a stiff neck now for a week. Anyone traveling that have pillow issues may want to consider taking their own. I know, what a pain......

5. Tea is still available as it has been for years; and for years, we told our cabin steward to remove it.

6. Received one rose about two days into the cruise.

7. Still had the same nice heavy duty towels and Frette Robes.

The bottom line for us, if not for the missing daily bottled water, we would not have noticed the changes to AQ amenities.

Thanks for the update. Did you ask for different pillows? I've never seen the actual menu, but we've asked for more and different pillows before and never had a problem, but I've never been on the Equinox. I know very few people that like that tea. You'd think they would bring it "by request" only. Or discontinue the tea and bring back daily water.

Thanks for the update. Did you ask for different pillows? I've never seen the actual menu, but we've asked for more and different pillows before and never had a problem, but I've never been on the Equinox. I know very few people that like that tea. You'd think they would bring it "by request" only. Or discontinue the tea and bring back daily water.

No, we did not ask for any other pillows. We started using the decorative pillows to try to add some support, but that did not help. My stiff neck problem did not start until several days into the cruise, so by that time I did not feel it would be worth the trouble pursuing it. The standard pillows have zero support even when using two stacked.

Thanks for the nice report.

What was the brand of water you got at the bar under the Package?

Also, did you get fresh flowers in your room?

There were two brands, neither one that I have ever heard of. However, I do not normally drink bottled water at home and only use it while traveling to help make sure that I drink enough each day (I ordered a 1 or 1.5 liter bottle every morning and made sure they were empty by the evening).

We just got the rose mentioned previously with three small white flowers surrounding it. If it had not shown up the second or third day, we would have never missed them. IMO, the storage room is in short supply in AQ and similar cabins, the less "stuff" the better.

On EQ1/2, we had great pillows..sev choices already in our room, nice towels but scratchy, enjoyed the flowers, laughed at the mini chocs..

Our issue with the water from the package is that they pushed the bigger btls..and whatever size they were usually warm..

Still cruising in AQ for the foreseeable future!

On EQ1/2, we had great pillows..sev choices already in our room, nice towels but scratchy, enjoyed the flowers, laughed at the mini chocs..

Our issue with the water from the package is that they pushed the bigger btls..and whatever size they were usually warm..

Still cruising in AQ for the foreseeable future!

LOL- - So you were the last to get the good pillows. BTW - - I used to travel a lot for business and seldom had pillow problems.

Yeah, they did typically offer large bottles unless I asked for a 500ml bottle, and were frequently warm or cool to be generous.

We still prefer AQ also and will continue to book that class.

The reason the sparkling wine isn't mentioned under AQ inclusions is because AQ gets the all the items listed under Concciegre plus those for AQ - spa, Blu, etc.

Not anymore. The reference to C-class plus was removed from the AQ description months ago.

Not anymore. The reference to C-class plus was removed from the AQ description months ago.

Yes, the web site is incorrect, wow what a surprise;). But in reality Aqua is still getting the benefits of CC ( footstools, sparkling wine, etc) and those that are additional for AQ. That hasn't changed in the 6 years we have been sailing X.

I have another question about the pillows on the Equinox as we are sailing with her this spring.

What made the pillows so horrible to you? You say no support, does that mean they were soft / squishy pillows?

We've sailed on the Equinox before and the pillow menu was available to us as we were in CC or AQ. We loved their pillows but this time around will be in a regular veranda cabin and don't want to end up with no option for getting any decent pillows. I like super squishy soft pillows ... down if my favorite but any feather pillows will do for me. Some people hate those and was just wondering if I needed to bring my own pillow or are you one that doesn't care for this type of pillow, which made them the worst in your opinion.

thanks!

I have another question about the pillows on the Equinox as we are sailing with her this spring.

What made the pillows so horrible to you? You say no support, does that mean they were soft / squishy pillows?

We've sailed on the Equinox before and the pillow menu was available to us as we were in CC or AQ. We loved their pillows but this time around will be in a regular veranda cabin and don't want to end up with no option for getting any decent pillows. I like super squishy soft pillows ... down if my favorite but any feather pillows will do for me. Some people hate those and was just wondering if I needed to bring my own pillow or are you one that doesn't care for this type of pillow, which made them the worst in your opinion.

thanks!

They were extremely soft and would squish down to almost flat, even when using two. We have sailed AQ before and never had a problem with the standard pillows (never bothered ordering special pillows from the now gone Pllow Menu). Sounds to me that you will not have a problem, but neither my wife or I could get used the pillows. As I mentioned in another post, pillows have never been a problem for me in the past.

Yes, the web site is incorrect, wow what a surprise;). But in reality Aqua is still getting the benefits of CC ( footstools, sparkling wine, etc) and those that are additional for AQ. That hasn't changed in the 6 years we have been sailing X.

I hope you are correct, but I sent an email inquiry eights days ago and three days ago to the Captain's Club email and I have received no reply, thus with no confirmation I have to believe changes are occurring.

Without Communication,

there is no relationship;

Without Respect to your Customers

there is no trust;

Without Trust,

There is no reason to continue.

- unknown

Thanks for the update. Did you have any outstanding servers in Blu? We will be on in a few weeks and are really hoping John is still there, we have had him on several cruises and he is an outstanding server.

Also, any updates on the entertainers in the bars?

Ask for Anna asst waiter. She was terrific... Her teamed waiter was awesome too but he was being promoted to a head water spot.. also had a great Sommelier..but can't recall his name,

Loved BLU...

You didn't mention Blu is that gone too?

As we mentioned in another post, DW now calls Blu the "home of the 1/4 inch Ribeye." But perhaps they deserve credit because we were not aware one could cut a ribeye that thin. And if we keep telling this story (based on an Eclipse cruise just last month) that ribeye might keep getting thinner :). We tease the maitre'd that next year we expect them to serve grilled carpacchio and call it a "thick juicy steak." ARGH!

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

Ask for Anna asst waiter. She was terrific... Her teamed waiter was awesome too but he was being promoted to a head water spot.. also had a great Sommelier..but can't recall his name,

Loved BLU...

We also had Anna from Macedonia on the TA in October. She was so awesome and I think she is onboard until May as I recall. I hope they promote her to waiter status-she deserves it.Glad to hear that Shash (her waiter-that's what we called him as we had difficulty pronouncing his name)has been promoted to head. He worked countless hours outside Blu as a head waiter in training in the Buffet. Incredible dedication and drive.

There were two brands, neither one that I have ever heard of. However, I do not normally drink bottled water at home and only use it while traveling to help make sure that I drink enough each day (I ordered a 1 or 1.5 liter bottle every morning and made sure they were empty by the evening).

We just got the rose mentioned previously with three small white flowers surrounding it. If it had not shown up the second or third day, we would have never missed them. IMO, the storage room is in short supply in AQ and similar cabins, the less "stuff" the better.

I recall from the TA in October that Geyser Spring was the water provided in the AQ cabin as well as with the classic beverage package. We asked our cabin attendant to keep it replenished daily and always had 4 full bottles-no questions asked. We did have him remove the tea which we think is awful. Throughout the ship we were given a small bottle of Geyser Spring with our package but if they were out, they gave us Evian instead.

We just returned from an 11 day Equinox cruise Friday (01/22/16) and I thought I would post an update on the AQ cabin amenities.

1. No water except for two "welcome bottles". However, we had a Classic Package so bottled water was easily available everywhere.

2. There was a welcome bottle of sparkling wine; the same as we have had in previous AQ cabins. I wonder when this will be stopped since it is no longer mentioned as part of AQ.

3. The cabin provided Spa Kit was still there when we walked in; slippers (2 pairs, but useless IMO), two bags (spa and a Celebrity Tote Bag), and one lip balm (I guess a couple is supposed to share???).

4. The "pillow menu" was gone (and yes, I knew where it has always been hidden). The pillows now provided are terrible; maybe the worst pillows I have ever used. I have had a stiff neck now for a week. Anyone traveling that have pillow issues may want to consider taking their own. I know, what a pain......

5. Tea is still available as it has been for years; and for years, we told our cabin steward to remove it.

6. Received one rose about two days into the cruise.

7. Still had the same nice heavy duty towels and Frette Robes.

The bottom line for us, if not for the missing daily bottled water, we would not have noticed the changes to AQ amenities.

Thanks for an up-to-date review on the AQ Equinox. Can you tell me what cabin you were in? We booked the 10-day for next January and I can't find all of my notes about the AQ cabins that I took on our TA in October:confused:. Thanks.

Thanks for an up-to-date review on the AQ Equinox. Can you tell me what cabin you were in? We booked the 10-day for next January and I can't find all of my notes about the AQ cabins that I took on our TA in October:confused:. Thanks.

We were in 1636, which is aft, starboard. Nice cabin, but a distance from the elevators. We prefer to be located near a set of elevators. No other issues, but did hear some minor noise from above in the morning that never bothered us.

4. The "pillow menu" was gone (and yes, I knew where it has always been hidden). The pillows now provided are terrible; maybe the worst pillows I have ever used. I have had a stiff neck now for a week. Anyone traveling that have pillow issues may want to consider taking their own. I know, what a pain.......

We were also in an A2 over Thanksgiving and the wifester loved the pillow so much she made me search till I found the supplier and got her 2! She has had 4 disc in her neck repaired too. Funny how we each have different experiences.

EW

We were also in an A2 over Thanksgiving and the wifester loved the pillow so much she made me search till I found the supplier and got her 2! She has had 4 disc in her neck repaired too. Funny how we each have different experiences.

EW

Because of allergies we always have feather pillows removed and foam pillows as replacements. We also always request extra pillows as soon as we meet our cabin attendant. DH uses 3 pillows and I use 2. To date never an issue.