Just got off Constellation...

courteliz

We just got off the Constellation western sailing that departed January 18. Overall good trip but I can see the changes in Celebrity everyone is talking about. I wrote a review that should be posted soon.

If anyone has any questions, let me know.

We just got off the Constellation western sailing that departed January 18. Overall good trip but I can see the changes in Celebrity everyone is talking about. I wrote a review that should be posted soon.

I have a question! Did you ever have trouble finding plates or silverware in the buffet? How about coffee and ice? On the November TA we had a lot of trouble finding all of the above, just wondering if it's improved at all

What kind of shows were there?

On our five night cruise there were two nights of two different comedians, a broadway style production show, a Supremes Cover band, a late night show that was a mix of singing, acrobats, dancing, etc.... I can't remember what the 5th night was. Maybe a singer but I'm not sure.

What kind of shows were there?

Here is the link to my review.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=524455

On our five night cruise there were two nights of two different comedians, a broadway style production show, a Supremes Cover band, a late night show that was a mix of singing, acrobats, dancing, etc.... I can't remember what the 5th night was. Maybe a singer but I'm not sure.

But you didn't go to the shows: "We did not go to the production show or the Supremes cover group they had. A little too old for us." So it's hard to review them, eh? However, the second sentence I quoted shows again that Celebrity is not succeeding in attracting the younger crowd they seem to want.

Also on this cruise. Tastes vary and one might love another might hate.

There were three production shows. One was the "Adult" show Elyria. Saw the show when it first appeared and thought it was awful. They made some major changes for the best. Seemed to appeal to the younger segment of the audience and received a long standing ovation. Two comedians, the second was better received than the first. The Supreme Tribute group was just okay to me. Their music director conducting the Ceelebrity Orchestra was a major distraction. Also had Liars Club with Captain Tasos, the Newly We'd, not So Newlywed game and theme nights. The Captain gave a talk on the building of an SClass Ship and they did a Top Chef show. Movies shown in Theater during port days. Quite a busy schedule for a 5 day cruise.

Also on this cruise. Tastes vary and one might love another might hate.

There were three production shows. One was the "Adult" show Elyria. Saw the show when it first appeared and thought it was awful. They made some major changes for the best. Seemed to appeal to the younger segment of the audience and received a long standing ovation. Two comedians, the second was better received than the first. The Supreme Tribute group was just okay to me. Their music director conducting the Ceelebrity Orchestra was a major distraction. Also had Liars Club with Captain Tasos, the Newly We'd, not So Newlywed game and theme nights. The Captain gave a talk on the building of an SClass Ship and they did a Top Chef show. Movies shown in Theater during port days. Quite a busy schedule for a 5 day cruise.

Just off the Solstice and we were told all the production shows will be renewed for the next 18 months but each ship will have licence to change the shows slightly and let them evolve with the music as it is released to make them modern. The shows were awesome and the sang and danced to music that was released last year. It was very refreshing to see new shows with newer songs.:D

I enjoyed the Adult show the best, I found everything else quite mediocre as far as production shows go, Royal Caribbean definitely has them beat.

Captain Tasos was HILARIOUS during Liars Club, the comedian was just annoying.

Guess that is why there are different types of entertainment on board. different strokes for different folks.

Agree the Captain is really wonderful and funny and DW and I did not like Elyria. Also the staff to passenger ratio is less.

Have a dear friend in the industry who said would you like more staff on board? I said absolutely. Would I be willing to pay about $200 per person on a 7 day cruise to return to 2005 staffing levels? Not so sure.

Do find liking RCCL shows better funny as they are both produced using exactly the same staff in the same facility in Florida.