Unlimited Drink Package - Crown and Anchor Discount

Hello,

We sailed on the Freedom of the Seas in December and received a Crown and Anchor discount for the premium drink package. Gold members received 20% off, Platinum 25% off, and higher amounts for Diamond members. We were told this discount also applied to the ultimate drink package.

Does anyone know if this is a fleet-wide benefit? If we sail aboard the Independence or Libery of the Seas, can we also anticipate this Crown and Anchor discount when contemplating whether to buy the unlimited drink package?

Thank you very much.

We have not seen that on previous cruises--and have often remarked it should exist--offsets the free cocktails in the evening kind of.

I don't normally buy a package (or buy soda only) but probably would with the discount--I hope you experienced something that will continue fleetwide!

It has been reported being available on several ships with differing amounts of discount. One of those is Serenade which we sail on in 20 days, but have already purchased the premium package. The discount on Serenade was only reported on the Ultimate package, but with D+ getting a whopping 40% discount.

It has been reported being available on several ships with differing amounts of discount. One of those is Serenade which we sail on in 20 days, but have already purchased the premium package. The discount on Serenade was only reported on the Ultimate package, but with D+ getting a whopping 40% discount.

We are on Serenade in May--I sure hope that continues! If they offer it on your cruise, I would really appreciate it if you would post what discounts were offered to various levels when you return (we are D).

Happy Sailing

I am on a TA Jewel of the Seas 11/6/16! How does the C&A discount work on the beverage packages. When I board go to C&A Sales and ask them? Or do I get the discount before we cruise? Thanks

It won't be available before you cruise so wait to purchase the drink package on board. Just ask the person selling the drink packages if there is a C&A discount available.

We are on Serenade in May--I sure hope that continues! If they offer it on your cruise, I would really appreciate it if you would post what discounts were offered to various levels when you return (we are D).

Happy Sailing

I'll keep you updated. Not sure how it works for those of us that have purchased in advance. Maybe if its only offered for the Ultimate package, they will give us a discount to upgrade from Premium.

Hello,

We sailed on the Freedom of the Seas in December and received a Crown and Anchor discount for the premium drink package. Gold members received 20% off, Platinum 25% off, and higher amounts for Diamond members. We were told this discount also applied to the ultimate drink package.

Does anyone know if this is a fleet-wide benefit? If we sail aboard the Independence or Libery of the Seas, can we also anticipate this Crown and Anchor discount when contemplating whether to buy the unlimited drink package?

Thank you very much.

Not a fleetwide benefit yet. No discounts on Vision last week.

So what other ships has this been reported on other than Freedom or Serenade?

It was offered on Vision for the October transatlantic, but not offered on Vision on a recent 10-day Southern Caribbean cruise. So it can vary cruise to cruise, even on the same ship.

Hello,

20% off for Gold would be FANTASTIC. That could definitely persuade me to purchase it when I'm on the Indy in November. That or the punch card that has been floating around for a while. It's hard to get excited about drink package deals when so much can change in 10 months though...I'll hold onto this info and stay hopeful that this will continue!

It was offered on Vision for the October transatlantic, but not offered on Vision on a recent 10-day Southern Caribbean cruise. So it can vary cruise to cruise, even on the same ship.

Very interesting. Seems like they are doing some crazy testing methods. Probably seeing how many people take advantage of it, the loss or gain in revenue and the amount of alcohol used (if they are that sophisticated.) Sometimes I doubt there methods of tracking things with their lousy IT system. But it does make me wonder.

They probably don't mind offering discounts on the longer sailings because they will still come out ahead. The shorter sailings, people can probably drink a little more so it isn't worth them giving a discount.

I'll keep you updated. Not sure how it works for those of us that have purchased in advance. Maybe if its only offered for the Ultimate package, they will give us a discount to upgrade from Premium.

Thanks! Yes--when I told my husband this seems to be being tested out his first response was to say then he will not prebuy the package, just in case.

If this rumor/announcement/assumption is true it would be in RCI's best interest to clarify it ahead of time. I'm hearing a lot of people saying and suggesting that others wait until being on board before signing up. If that's the case then they may lose a lot of pre-sales and people may be less likely to sign up for full price once aboard.

Like some others I think this might be a good idea. It's a great perk and since Diamonds and above already get a few free drinks anyway they are already, sort of, paying for them (at least during those hours). I bet they make a lot on the drink packages and it certainly simplifies the process. It could be a win-win. Or, if people decide to wait, it could be a lose-lose :)

Tom