Coupon Book worth $400 in savings

FSUNole

Anyone know what types of discounts are in it? I'm on Independence if that matters. My guess is it is a bunch of discounts on things I don't want. Its offered for current bookings in balcony or higher cabins.

Edited by FSUNole

You say it's being offered for bookings in balcony or higher, by who? Your TA?

We booked through a TA but I've seen it on several sites... not sure if its on the rcl website or not.

Edited by FSUNole

your coupons are based on your crown and anchor status.

I think we're talking about two different things. OP said the coupons were for booking balcony or above and RCI's C&A coupons aren't based on cabin category. TA's have been known to give coupon booklets out that are different than C&A tier coupons which are loaded on your seapass.

I think we're talking about two different things. OP said the coupons were for booking balcony or above and RCI's C&A coupons aren't based on cabin category. TA's have been known to give coupon booklets out that are different than C&A tier coupons which are loaded on your seapass.

We have one, it just showed up in the mail. Came from TA. Keep forgetting to bring it. Probably give it to the newbies sailing with us in March. Except for that match play. ;)

Edited by John&LaLa

I agree, sounds like TA coupons.

Definitely printed by Royal, though. Kinda looks like the old coupon books, but without the tier levels

Probably an incentive given to some TA's. Heck, I only use a few of the C&A ones we get on each cruise so I'd probably give it away too. Our TA's are friends of ours who do mainly corporate travel but book personal travel for the employees of the co's they work with. Anyway, they've never mentioned receiving the coupon books, probably because they don't book enough cruises.

We've never received one of these and we book through one of the biggest cruise agencies. We do cruise in balconies and are diamond.

I know they're mostly useless but I miss the match play coupons that used to be in the paper coupon books you received in your stateroom when you boarded.

Anyone know what types of discounts are in it? I'm on Independence if that matters. My guess is it is a bunch of discounts on things I don't want. Its offered for current bookings in balcony or higher cabins.

I booked a cruise on Princess and there was a note at the bottom of the invoice about a 'cruise coupon book'. I realize this was Princess and not Royal but I asked the TA to explain this "book". Here is her response: "The Cruise night coupon books are $$ off when you buy things on-board. Most say they are useless, I use the coupon in them for a free Bingo card. Yes I like to play Bingo."

Pretty much imagine, there's not a whole lot of difference between Princess and Royal on this. BTW, we play bingo too.

FWIW, step-son and new wife got a "coupon book" on Carnival. As I remember it was full of stuff like $50 off at Diamond's International on a $500 purchase, free drink at Senior Frog's, etc.

It's probably more useful for toilet paper than anything else.

Edited by RocketMan275

Our agency usually gets a box of these. We haven't rec'd any current ones though. The last batch expired Dec. 2015. Not a whole bunch of "deals" in them though....I get better ones attached via C&A. BOGOHO a drink, BOGO milkshake, 15% off Royal Logo wear, 5$ matchplay...etc. And those are the best ones IMO. The vast majority were things I have no interest in.

My last cruise I had a bunch and gave to my cabin steward to hand out to the next batch of cruisers as they were expiring in 2 weeks.