Millennium shampoo etc

Jamileau

Hi everyone! My parents are going on a cruise from Singapore to Australia this year and are wondering about the toiletry situation. I have only ever cruised Carnival so am not sure if it's different on Celebrity. What is provided and what's the quality like? I tried to search but the only answers I could find were from 2010. Hoping someone has more recent info!

Thanks!!

The toiletries provided are listed on the web site - shampoo, conditioner, soap, lotion etc.

Quality is something you will get no agreement. DW and I think it is fine and so do most others. Some object and bring their own. This has been discussed at length and no conclusions - just either it is fine or I do not like. sorry could not be more helpful.

An toiletries vary according to cabin with suites having Bulgari. To confuse you a bit more DW and I both do not like the Bulgari. Asked for the stuff from basic cabins!

We spent our end of year break on Millenium and I personally found the shampoo in our stateroom didn't suit my hair and I would have preferred to use a travel sized pack of my own brand. Soaps and moisturiser cream were fine however.

That being said, we prefer interior staterooms (I sleep better in the dark) and we don't get any of the posh stuff down in the bilge. :D

We spent our end of year break on Millenium and I personally found the shampoo in our stateroom didn't suit my hair and I would have preferred to use a travel sized pack of my own brand. Soaps and moisturiser cream were fine however.

That being said, we prefer interior staterooms (I sleep better in the dark) and we don't get any of the posh stuff down in the bilge. :D

Jacinta,

A little off topic, but did you enjoy your Millie cruise? I've been looking out for a review :).

Hi everyone! My parents are going on a cruise from Singapore to Australia this year and are wondering about the toiletry situation. I have only ever cruised Carnival so am not sure if it's different on Celebrity. What is provided and what's the quality like? I tried to search but the only answers I could find were from 2010. Hoping someone has more recent info!

Thanks!!

Gilchrist and Soames in most cabins, Bvlgari in suites. As someone who uses Molton Brown soaps at home I found the Gilchrist and Soames quite acceptable but definitely would prefer something higher end.

Enjoy your cruise ! :)

Don't most people have a shampoo for which they have a personal preference? DW likes one for oily hair and I just want mine fine hair to not be fly-away. Thus I use lots of the conditioner on board.

I prefer Molton Brown Cloudberry Shampoo & Conditioner, but at $60.00 a bottle I can't imagine cruise ships carrying it and they only come in large bottles so too much of a pain to travel with. So I generally make due with what they have onboard. If its a longer cruise then I'll usually bring something but for short hauls not worth the hassle.

I bring my own shampoo/conditioner. I like Elemis shampoo for colored hair. My spouse likes the shampoo on the ship. I never rely on the ship or hotel having good shampoo. Even if the last cruise had a good shampoo, there is no telling whether that shampoo would be available on a future trip. If you bring your own shampoo, you will not be upset. If you like the ship's products, you can bring your own stuff home.

When packing for a trip, I bring hair products that I know work well on my hair. I also suggest that you bring your own hairdryer. The ship's hairdryers are not easy to use and are not very powerful. You have to hold a button in while you use it. It doesn't take long before your hand gets tired of pressing the button. This can be a problem especially if you have long hair. On my last cruise, I forgot my hairdryer and used the one in the cabin. It was very weak. I gave up and let my hair dry naturally.

On Millie mid January, cabin had basic unbranded toiletries ie. Shampoo, conditioner, body lotion and soap but strangely no shower gel! Personally I prefer my own shampoo. I agree with earlier comment on hairdryer. I really struggled with drying my long hair and in future will bring my own dryer.

• 2 months later...

Hairdryers and shampoo are what you care about? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

My wife looks awesome with zero makeup and towel dried hair.

Its a cruise not dinner with the kardasins.

For some strange reason, shower gel is only provided for concierge class cabins and above. So be forewarned and bring your own if you're not in those class cabins. I cannot tolerate Celebrity's bar soap, makes my skin go crazy.

I bring my own (expensive and specialty) shampoo and conditioner in bottles that I reuse over and over. I buy extra large sizes but I just empty what I need and bring that in smaller bottles for travel. We even bring our own large size bar soap and shower gel. You know, I want my own stuff.

Some are fine with the ship's products and some buy products in the embarkation port.

For those of us that like to bring our own stuff and it comes in large bottles, these are a lifesaver: (there are all different shapes & sizes)

http://www.containerstore.com/s/travel/bottles-medication/nalgene-round-leakproof-bottles/12d?productId=10000243

and to label them:

http://www.containerstore.com/s/travel/bottles-medication/silicone-travel-bottle-labels/12d?productId=11000390