Sanctuary questions.

jolly_cruiser

Hello All,

Looking into using the Sanctuary on my upcoming Crown princess Cruise. I looked up the information on the princess website, but there is not much specific information.

Maybe the experienced cruisers here can help with my questions.

1. What would be the cost to use this area pp? (i read somewhere is it about $40 and pricing would be in the patter)

2. What is included in this cost?

3. What additional services can be purchased at the Sanctuary?

Any information from people who have used it would be useful.

Thanks in Advance.

Thank you for the link. I did look at this.

I was looking for specific info about how much it might cost on the Crown princess and what is included and what is not.

It looks like the entry fee is just for the entry in to the area...and there are additional costs for the private cabana, food, massages and drink? Is this correct?

Thanks in Advance.

Thank you for the link. I did look at this.

I was looking for specific info about how much it might cost on the Crown princess and what is included and what is not.

It looks like the entry fee is just for the entry in to the area...and there are additional costs for the private cabana, food, massages and drink? Is this correct?

Thanks in Advance.

The cost is $20 per half day either morning or afternoon or $40 for a full day. If you purchase for the entire cruise, all sea and port days, the cost is $30/day. If you want to use The Sanctuary go there promptly after boarding to select your lounge and location. Lounges fill quickly for hot weather cruises. There is a small fee if you want to be served some light food. The other option is just go the short distance to the Lido deck and gather up a plate(s) of as many calories as you want. Massages are not included, there is a charge just like inside at the spa. I may be incorrect, but I don't believe the Crown Princess has cabanas. These are on the Royal and Regal Princess by the Retreat Pool, operated by the Sanctuary, but not actually in the Sanctuary.

The cost is $20 per half day either morning or afternoon or $40 for a full day. If you purchase for the entire cruise, all sea and port days, the cost is $30/day. If you want to use The Sanctuary go there promptly after boarding to select your lounge and location. Lounges fill quickly for hot weather cruises. There is a small fee if you want to be served some light food. The other option is just go the short distance to the Lido deck and gather up a plate(s) of as many calories as you want. Massages are not included, there is a charge just like inside at the spa. I may be incorrect, but I don't believe the Crown Princess has cabanas. These are on the Royal and Regal Princess by the Retreat Pool, operated by the Sanctuary, but not actually in the Sanctuary.

Thank you for the information and the tips. This is very useful and what i was looking for.

There are extra charges for some things and not others once inside.

There is a special Sanctuary menu, that is a healthy menu with Calories per dish/item listed. These are charged. Prices are listed. There is water you can help yourself to (same as Lotus spa - ie tank with orange slices, or cucumber slices).

The sanctuary attendants will get you any drinks or food outside the sanctuary you want, but they charge $3 to do it (or you can get it yourself for free).

There is a complimentary tea service (similar to afternoon tea in the MDR), I've only ever noticed them come around with this once during each half day sitting. Is sandwiches, cakes, tea, coffee.

They offer (complimentary) an MP3 player with noice cancelling headphones and a menu of different music or sounds to relax to. My favourite thing to do in the sanctuary is to listen to relaxing water or rainforest or bird sounds on a comfy chair looking out in the ocean....the noise of everything around is just gone - literally(you have to switch the noise cancelling function on to get that, little switch on the side of one ear...very relaxing.)...

Wow! This is disappointing having to pay a daily charge to use the adult only area of the ship. Even Disney doesn't charge to use their adult area!!!

You don't have to pay for an adults-only area. Most Princess ships have a forward pool and an aft pool that are adults-only.

The Sanctuary is beyond adults only. It's cushy loungers with doting service (I guess). Also, you won't find nearly as many kids on most Princess sailings, so you won't find as much need to protect yourself from them as you might on Disney.

Jim

Is the Sanctuary area usable on Alaskan sailings? Is it all open to the elements or are there inside parts?

Open to the elements.

Wouldn't recommend for Alaska, unless it is a warm day.

The one time we tried the Sanctuary was in Ensenada. It was a cold, cloudy, drizzly day and we froze. The waiters brought us 2 blankets each, plus we had our warm jackets on...no help. It was a waste of our $20 each. Won't do it again.

• 2 weeks later...
...cabanas. These are on the Royal and Regal Princess by the Retreat Pool, operated by the Sanctuary, but not actually in the Sanctuary.

I am going to look it up, but...is the retreat pool adults only? I am thinking of trying to rent one out for the day during the sea day for our Med cruise. If its not adult only it is a no go. $80 per day is just too good of a deal to pass up.

I am going to look it up, but...is the retreat pool adults only? I am thinking of trying to rent one out for the day during the sea day for our Med cruise. If its not adult only it is a no go. $80 per day is just too good of a deal to pass up.

The retreat pool on both the Royal and Regal are adults only areas.

There are extra charges for some things and not others once inside.

There is a special Sanctuary menu, that is a healthy menu with Calories per dish/item listed. These are charged. Prices are listed. There is water you can help yourself to (same as Lotus spa - ie tank with orange slices, or cucumber slices).

The sanctuary attendants will get you any drinks or food outside the sanctuary you want, but they charge $3 to do it (or you can get it yourself for free).

There is a complimentary tea service (similar to afternoon tea in the MDR), I've only ever noticed them come around with this once during each half day sitting. Is sandwiches, cakes, tea, coffee.

They offer (complimentary) an MP3 player with noice cancelling headphones and a menu of different music or sounds to relax to. My favourite thing to do in the sanctuary is to listen to relaxing water or rainforest or bird sounds on a comfy chair looking out in the ocean....the noise of everything around is just gone - literally(you have to switch the noise cancelling function on to get that, little switch on the side of one ear...very relaxing.)...

What if you already have the Drink Package (which includes gratuity) do you still pay the $3 and does is include all the drinks inside the Sanctuary?

The retreat pool on both the Royal and Regal are adults only areas.

Awesome. Thank you for the confirmation before I could look it up (got distracted). I am for sure going to try and rent one when we board. Hopefully they don't get booked too fast. For me, and my wife, no price is too great to avoid children when relaxing.

Edited by spiceyxi

Depending on which drink package, the answer is yes to most items. The $3 is a delivery charge, so you still pay if they bother to charge (that fee is designed to keep people from running the stewards ragged, basically)

What if you already have the Drink Package (which includes gratuity) do you still pay the $3 and does is include all the drinks inside the Sanctuary?

No. The Sanctuary is only open from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 or 6:00 p.m. each day.

Allyn

Thanks for letting me know...

I won't bother then....was hoping to have access in the evening on Regal so could feel the wind in my hair up close to the bow....nowhere to do that on that ship on the upper decks....