5 year old picky eater going on the Oasis

kms18

We have a 5 year old who only likes peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Do they serve this in the dining room and or can we ask at the buffet?

Thanks!

Were you able to get it on Brilliance? If so, I am sure you will be able to get it on Oasis. Might even be on the room service menu...EM

I doubt he has "an eating disorder characterized by an abnormally low body weight, intense fear of gaining weight and a distorted perception of body weight. "

This is probably just a stubborn picky kid, as the OP says. A vacation is probably not the right time to battle through the problem... though with the wonderful variety of food on a cruise, some strategic progress might be made.

I doubt he has "an eating disorder characterized by an abnormally low body weight, intense fear of gaining weight and a distorted perception of body weight. "

This is probably just a stubborn picky kid, as the OP says. A vacation is probably not the right time to battle through the problem... though with the wonderful variety of food on a cruise, some strategic progress might be made.

Of course he doesn't. Was just responding to another poster who gave crazy advice. There are some children, two of mine included, that would not eat anything but what they liked, even if hungry.

The crew, IME, will do anything possible to find foods your child likes, including going down to the crew mess and grabbing the last box of Lucky Charms.

Take peanut butter with you...I believe Jiff has to go packets...but as other's have posted you may be surprised at what a 5 year old will try on a cruise...something about at sea....enjoy...it's going to be a fun adventure :D

Take peanut butter with you...I believe Jiff has to go packets...but as other's have posted you may be surprised at what a 5 year old will try on a cruise...something about at sea....enjoy...it's going to be a fun adventure :D

Not trying to give parenting advice or anything, but if it's peanut butter - try and make sure it only has peanuts in it. Most of the commercial brands have massive amounts of added sugar in them - which is absolutely not required. Without the sugar it is actually a relatively healthy food (in moderation, of course).

Not trying to give parenting advice or anything, but if it's peanut butter - try and make sure it only has peanuts in it. Most of the commercial brands have massive amounts of added sugar in them - which is absolutely not required. Without the sugar it is actually a relatively healthy food (in moderation, of course).

It's my bet that a 5 year old will not eat that PB that is just peanuts . It is grainy and very oily IMO, but maybe it would work. :confused:;)

5 children and 7 grandchildren (and counting) they've all survived...thanks ;)

Not grainy at all. And you stir it. I don't know - my 4 yr old loves it.

Agreed. There is a wide variety, but the stuff we get just needs to be stirred because the oil separates out. This is 'smooth' PB, but I'd think even the chunky types wouldn't be grainy.

We get the low sugar as well as no preservatives (which I assume is what allows it to separate). There is a big variation in sugar even in the 'natural' tagged products. We also get the low sugar jellies, and low sugar ketchup. All have superior taste to their diabetes-inducing sugar-laden brethren.

To the OP: as some have said, you can probably get PB upon request, but I'd take the supplies with me, or at least nick some from the breakfast bar and stick it in the fridge. Even if you can get it at lunch, there is no guarantee it'll be quick. You might also think about having lunch in the MDR. In that case, the waitstaff is there to handle exceptions.