On Coral now post dry dock

sunsetbeachgal

I will try it again real quick and see if it posts larger.

I talked to the cabin steward last night. The Twin mattresses do not have a pillow top, just a regualr soft top. If you have the beds set up as twins, there is no extra topper, however you can request an egg crate if needed.

If you have them set up as a queen, they add this one piece solid topper to it as in the past. It's about 2 inches thick and based on feal & rebound, it has foam inside. Not memory foam, just regular foam in it with a nice fabric.

Overall, on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being really firm, I would say they are about an 8 with the topper. Firm, yet the topper gives some softness at pressure points to make it a comfortable mattress.

My hope wife hopes the picture comes thru OK so I will stop taking the bed apart :-)

Time for breakfast.......

24796464032_efc4f8af26_z.jpgBEDD631 by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

Thanks for all the info you have shared! Already signed up to do this cruise next year. Can you tell me if possible to do private excursions at canal or do all have to be done with Princess excursions? Thanks!! Keep enjoying!!!

Thanks for all the info you have shared! Already signed up to do this cruise next year. Can you tell me if possible to do private excursions at canal or do all have to be done with Princess excursions? Thanks!! Keep enjoying!!!

All Canal excursions have to be done through the ship. You are tendered to the excursion pickup site, and if you don't have a Princess-booked tour, they don't let you on the tender.

We will be in cabin C715 in April...any pics would be nice....

Two tendered ports, San Juan Del Sur and Cabo....

Thinking about using a private tour guide in Cartagena, Dora with Cartagenatours...any sugguestions??

We are booked with Dora. She gets good reviews. :):)

The seas are angry this morning off the coast of Costa Rica. There has been a lot of rolling all night since we left Colon. We are sitting out in open water with the stabilizers deployed, and still rolling pretty well.

The Captain just came on the intercom and said the port authority is reporting 30 knot winds and 10 foot swells, so Limon has been aborted for the docking.

He said we will start our journey towards Cayman Islands as no other place to dock in the area. Looking at the weather, I am glad we are not going to dock as excusrions would be mostly rained out. Going to miss buying some of the local coffee though.

So, spend the day onboard relaxing with my sweetie. Always wanting to spend more time with her :-)

Main reason I am posting is for those might be following the marine tracker and see that we are stopped or changed course. I am sure the bridge cam will change to say in route to Caymans too.

Nothing wrong with the ship, just weather related.

24863402571_6683e7ce3b_z.jpgLimon by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

Sorry you didn't make it to Costa Rica, but it sounds like you have a nice day planned anyway. Did you take an excursion off the boat in the canal? We are signed up for the Embera Indian trip and was wondering if you talked to anyone who was on that excursion. Thanks you so much for all the info you are sharing.

I am sorry to hear about the weather for you today!

Everyone has MUCH appreciated your efforts to share information and photos.

If you have a chance while spending time onboard, I wonder if you could snap a photo of the new carpets and furnishings at Horizon Court? I am not sure how much refurbishment was done around the Atrium?

I hate to ask!!! And, I hope you enjoy today on your cruise!

Or, if there are some photos out here somewhere, maybe somebody has a link?

Hi Vino100 and Lawingnutz - come back on our CC Roll Call Board! Northender - advise them how fun we are!! We've cruised with Northender a few times - I still can't believe we're missing you by a week!! :(

Deb & Adam are great people. Lots of fun to be with. Get back on that roll call. LOL :D:D

We missed our call at Costa Maya on the prior cruise for the same reason. Hope seas calm down for the rest of the journey! How was the Panama Canal?

The trip through the canal was great and glad we were able to do it again. The weather satyed nice all the way thru the transit. We made a poster this time, and in a preview of the Reflections DVD they did yesterday in the Universe lounge, they showed three that they took pictures of, and one was ours. We have already ordered it as wanted it in any case..

I am sorry to hear about the weather for you today!

Everyone has MUCH appreciated your efforts to share information and photos.

If you have a chance while spending time onboard, I wonder if you could snap a photo of the new carpets and furnishings at Horizon Court? I am not sure how much refurbishment was done around the Atrium?

I hate to ask!!! And, I hope you enjoy today on your cruise!

Or, if there are some photos out here somewhere, maybe somebody has a link?

I will try and get some pictures today as a planned sea day & I am going to walk around the ship taking pictures.

On another quick note, and not sure if this was available on the first cruise after dry dock.

They put together a video, Coral Princess Dry Dock 2016. Of course, the only way to get it for "free" is to buy the full set of Reflection DVD's. They did a short preview yesterday and looks very interesting. THey talked about re-covering 7000+ chairs, the amount of carpet that was replaced, working on the thrusters, etc. They said over 2000 people and 60 different companies were involved. They went with a new theme, and we still think it looks very nice on board. We can feel the new carptets in the common areas like the atrikum, hallway outside Explorers lounge, Sabitini's etc.

If I can get a couple of pictures, I will try to upload them the next day or two for a preview. We woudl have to go back to our trip two years ago to remember the exact differences, but can see different colors.

We have the full Reflections set on order and will watch it when we return to give some highlights.

We went around the ship this morning and took a few pictures of various areas of the ship. Some pictures outside the Bayou Cafe & Sabatini's, inside both of those restaurants, in the atrium, outside Wheelhouse bar & inside, plus Crooners. A few pictures inside the Princess Theather. We took a couple inside the Universe lounge too before a culinary presentation.

They mentioned in the drydock presentation yesterday, they did a major refurbish of the Universe Lounge. It's been two years since we were on here, and I thought the stage was just one large stage and if so, it has changed. I am sure others can recall it better and if I could get to my other pictures, I could see it too.

One take away I had from this refurbishment of the Universe Lounge is if they spent all this money on it, hopefully that just further shows they are not going to "Islandize" the Coral sometime in the future. I hope they don't change their minds.

It looks like all the carpet has been replaced in common areas. They mentioned a lot of carpet was replaced, and also in some cabins, so one should not excpect new carpet in all of them.

I talked to the server in Sabatini's this morning, and they are still not finished with it or Bayou Cafe. The carpet was replaced in both, however there is still work to be done with cushions, etc. He said there is some more work due the next couple of sailings to continue the work in both restaurants. Sabatini's is closed today for Alfredo's lunch, so possibly they are working in there or something else is going on.

A few pictures to follow, and I will let others comment on the changes before/after since I have limited time on the internet. I will say the ship is looking very nice inside, in every venue.

24952373126_bcb23757c0_z.jpgv by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

24683180950_41b6d5de86_z.jpgu by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

24611058639_419e52c5e5_z.jpgt by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

24952374426_19a09b0e12_z.jpgs by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

24351836853_59379b22cc_z.jpge by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

24978714635_007217a205_z.jpgd by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

24348110164_751d168381_z.jpgc by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

24351839593_3165171417_z.jpga by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

24860716632_52b151bdac_z.jpgb by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

That's all for now. Ignore the order of the pictures as not sorting exactly the way I wanted them too and slow to process from here :-)

David

Thanks for the great photos! :)

The Universe Lounge had the 3 round rotating stages (one larger middle stage & 2 smaller stages on both sides) since we first sailed the Coral in 2009 (Island 2012) including our most recent Coral cruise in 2013.

The "On the Bayou" show was designed for those stages but have read that on the Island without the Universe Lounge it has been modified for the Princess Theater. Before that the Adrian Zmed show was in the Universe Lounge.

Edited by Astro Flyer