On Coral now post dry dock

sunsetbeachgal

Following along. I'll be on the Coral in May and am SO excited. I'm glad that Sabatini's is still there.

We are glad it is still there too as not really interested in Share. The Princess rep, who posts on their Facebook page, had this to say yesterday about Share:

Princess Cruises Hi David, thanks for inquiring about our new dining experience, SHARE. It was an operational decision not to put this venue onboard Coral Princess. We apologize for any confusion, and hope you enjoy the remainder of your voyage onboard Coral Princess!

Yes, I was wondering if they were doing Alfredo's, since they did not take out Sabatini's. There is always the pizza on deck, which hopefully will be excellent. But, I was also hoping to try Alfredo's. I don't know if, or how, they offer this. Is it an upcharge. etc.

We are booked for May, too.

No upcharge for Alfredo's. I love their pizza and dishes.:)

Things are starting to go "right" now. Yesterday the pools were finally all open and all of the hot tubs. Yeah!

The ship docked in Cozumel as we were eating our dinner, and we took a stroll outside after finishing dinner. Some passengers and crew were walking down the pier, for the crew it is a special treat being at a port overnight to get off the ship and enjoy themselves. Our group went to the Paradise Beach Club today that I found on the Cozumel boards as being highly recommended. It was aptly named and a perfect day. $3 entry gets you a lounger, free wifi and plenty of room at either the beach or the pool, which is simply wonderful as they even had loungers in the shallow water that we spent the day in. They ask that you spend $10 per person, and DH and I each had a drink and split a huge plate of delicious nachos which came to about $30 including tip. A great day!

Tonight we are casual and having dinner in the buffet. Tomorrow we are tryng the Bayou steakhouse. I have seen folks eating lunch at Alfredo's (Sabatinis) so will attempt to get answers for those asking.

So, after a day literally in paradise, things are wonderful on the Coral Princes!

We unfortunately had to skip our last port Costa Maya this morning due to high winds and seas. This means we had only one port on a six day cruise. Fortunately the weather is sunny so folks are enjoying pool time, but hear much disappointment out and about by fellow passengers. There was no way the Captain could have maneuvered into a dock this morning with 30-40 knot winds.

The Captain had mentioned "compensation" earlier in the cruise but so far no word of what or whether it is a credit, future credit, etc. We are all guessing! The items that needed to be fixed-pools not open, hot tubs, water in cabins, etc. seem to be back to normal, thankfully.

While I really like the Coral, one of the things I miss tremendously is the interactive TV system on the Royal and Regal. So many great movies and shows, only a handful of often repeated movies on this ship, and the usual Princess tv networks. The food, entertainment, staff, all are excellent and trying hard to please.

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

We unfortunately had to skip our last port Costa Maya this morning due to high winds and seas. This means we had only one port on a six day cruise. Fortunately the weather is sunny so folks are enjoying pool time, but hear much disappointment out and about by fellow passengers. There was no way the Captain could have maneuvered into a dock this morning with 30-40 knot winds.

The Captain had mentioned "compensation" earlier in the cruise but so far no word of what or whether it is a credit, future credit, etc. We are all guessing! The items that needed to be fixed-pools not open, hot tubs, water in cabins, etc. seem to be back to normal, thankfully.

While I really like the Coral, one of the things I miss tremendously is the interactive TV system on the Royal and Regal. So many great movies and shows, only a handful of often repeated movies on this ship, and the usual Princess tv networks. The food, entertainment, staff, all are excellent and trying hard to please.

Thanks for the update and hope you can enjoy the rest of the cruise.

Just passing along this note if case you read it before you dock for you and fellow passengers. Looking at the Port Everglades WEB site, there is a traffic warning for Friday & Saturday.

Everyone may already be aware of it, however just seen it this morning.

Traffic Alert – Expect Delays February 5 & 6

Port users and cruise guests may experience traffic delays on Friday, February 5, and Saturday, February 6 due to the estimated 4,200 attendees for the Pri-Med Annual Conference at the Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center. Peak traffic hours are expected between 7 and 11 AM entering the Convention Center and again starting at 2 PM exiting the Northport Garage. Motorist may experience traffic delays on Southeast 17th Street eastbound and westbound, and entering Northport Garage from Eisenhower Blvd.

'sunsetbeachgal'...I always enjoy your optimistic outlook on cruising & sharing your experiences. :)

I've read threads about other ships missing Western Caribbean ports this winter due to weather conditions including strong winds. Strong winds have also affected West Coast cruises including missing ports & being stuck at the pier overnight...maybe it's another change in weather patterns due to a strong El Niño season?

I'm guessing that Princess HQ is formulating any compensation plan but maybe waiting to see how many issues happen before making a final decision? Recently the Crown was stuck in Ensenada due to strong gusty winds & didn't arrive until the next evening about 12 hours late. I read that embarkation was later that evening with sailing scheduled at 0100 which ended up being the next morning. Posts I read said they received the equivalent to one day of their cruise fare in fully refundable OBC.

Having enjoyed a combined 6 weeks on the Royal & Regal, the interactive TV system is only one of the things we missed on other Princess ships. ;) I've read that it was added to the Diamond & Sapphire before being deployed to Asia & they also got the larger flat panel TVs. It's too bad that Princess isn't adding these things to their other ships because I know that the system & TVs were added to the Sapphire without requiring a drydock.

Edited by Astro Flyer

We got the compensation letter from the Captain last night. (1) Future Cruise Credit equal to 50% of the cruise fare paid and (2) $100 per person as refundable onboard credit.

Latest glitch last night. MUTS was supposed to be fixed with The Martian to be shown twice. It died part way thru the 1st showing. 2nd showing never happened.

Just have to brag about how wonderful the Bayou Steakhouse is. Most will see the menu and say it doesnt sound as good as the Crown Grill so why bother, but I can tell you that I thought it might be one of the best Filet I have had. Cooked perfectly, flavorful, and just excellent. The rest of the meal and service were equally as great.

After dinner we attempted to go to see "The Martian" on MUTS, but then a waiter came around and said MUTS was not working properly so cancelled. But enough time to run down and catch the show in the Princess Theater, the Billy Joel tribute singer had a show featuring songs from Elton JOhn and others and was equally great.

And then to have our compensatoin letter greeting us when we returned to the cabin!

Today is a sunny and smooth sea day. Lots of activities including that time-honored Princess tradition, the big sale in the dining room! That will be us, lining up at 10 AM to get in the door! haha!

Go get 'em Cam! Celebrate to your hearts content!!

See my other post for our compensation for this cruise!

Thanks, Tracy, I enjoyed your Live From thread!

I <heart> you, SBG!

Us Cack-a-lacky girls need to stick together!

Just have to brag about how wonderful the Bayou Steakhouse is. Most will see the menu and say it doesnt sound as good as the Crown Grill so why bother, but I can tell you that I thought it might be one of the best Filet I have had. Cooked perfectly, flavorful, and just excellent. The rest of the meal and service were equally as great.

After dinner we attempted to go to see "The Martian" on MUTS, but then a waiter came around and said MUTS was not working properly so cancelled. But enough time to run down and catch the show in the Princess Theater, the Billy Joel tribute singer had a show featuring songs from Elton JOhn and others and was equally great.

And then to have our compensatoin letter greeting us when we returned to the cabin!

Today is a sunny and smooth sea day. Lots of activities including that time-honored Princess tradition, the big sale in the dining room! That will be us, lining up at 10 AM to get in the door! haha!

Thanks for the good thoughts about the Bayou. Sounds fantastic! I have always liked the Sterling Steakhouses, so I will look forward to the Bayou some day, too:)

For the Super Bowl, I, too, am going with my head. I remember Cam Newton from his college days, playing in Bowl games. He is unbelievable! Also, the Panthers head coach is a former favorite Bear, as is one of the Panthers' receivers:). Da Bears!

That'll be my color also :D

+2

My head is with Carolina, but my heart is with Manning.

Since my Giants aren't in it, the result doesn't matter too much to me, but I will be rooting for Denver.

Thanks for the review on Bayou, SBG! I almost didn't take the cruise because of not having Crown Grill. We were on the Caribbean Princess last January for a quickie 5-day cruise, and ate at Crown three of the five nights. Excellent food with great service in a great setting.

On the upcoming 10-day cruise, we'll likely book Sabatini's for three or four nights and Bayou for another three or four.