On Coral now post dry dock

sunsetbeachgal

Thanks for the good thoughts about the Bayou. Sounds fantastic! I have always liked the Sterling Steakhouses' date=' so I will look forward to the Bayou some day, too:)

For the Super Bowl, I, too, am going with my head. I remember Cam Newton from his college days, playing in Bowl games. He is unbelievable! Also, the Panthers head coach is a former favorite Bear, as is one of the Panthers' receivers:). Da Bears![/quote']

Happy to hear about the Bayou as we will be on the Coral in 3 weeks and love Crown Grill.

Also +1 on Ron Rivera. I'm a former Chicagoan who was a Bears season ticket holder throughout the 80's and until I moved to AZ in the early 90's, so I do remember the great team he was on and wish him well!

Happy to hear about the Bayou as we will be on the Coral in 3 weeks and love Crown Grill.

Also +1 on Ron Rivera. I'm a former Chicagoan who was a Bears season ticket holder throughout the 80's and until I moved to AZ in the early 90's, so I do remember the great team he was on and wish him well!

Enjoy the Bayou! And thanks for the memories:)

We boarded the Coral on Friday with no problems. We have walked around the ship yesterday at sea and everything appears to be in working order. We had a couple of ceiling tiles outside our dor at D631 with some water dripping the first day, and by the next morning, it was fixed.

The side thrusters were working as we did not need the tugs to pull us away from dock, so good thing going into ports.

The pools & hot tubs are all full and now the weather was warmed up that we are away from Florida, we see people enjoying them. I believe I read there was blip with MUTS right before we departed, but working fine now.

A couple of places still smell a little musty, like around Crooners and in the atrium. As time goes on, it's seems to be less & less, so hopefully it's drying up. Not bad, just noticable.

A couple of things that were asked earlier, that may have been answered. Lunch in the MDR was open from 12:00 - 1:30pm.

Alfredeos was not opened for lunch when we got on the ship the 1st day.

I am not sure we have the new mattresses though. They look like the standard mattress as before, with a topper. I will have to look some more at them as thought, the new models had the pillow top on them in looking at the WEB site, however may be thinking of something else. They are comfortable non the less.

There was no UST this trip, due to operational issues. I can't get a break as tried both times we have sailed on the Coral to go on the tour. We will have plan another cruise on her :-)

Food has been good in Bayou Cafe, Sabatini's, the MDR and HC. I believe we have ate at every venue with no disappointment. Service has also been great in the restaurants & bars.

So, for those on the next cruise, it looks like everything is in good working order and hopefully will have as good of a time as we are.

Time for more coffee as up early to get some bandwidth on the internet.

This really is our favorite ship of the Princess fleet.

We boarded the Coral on Friday with no problems. We have walked around the ship yesterday at sea and everything appears to be in working order. We had a couple of ceiling tiles outside our dor at D631 with some water dripping the first day, and by the next morning, it was fixed.

The side thrusters were working as we did not need the tugs to pull us away from dock, so good thing going into ports.

The pools & hot tubs are all full and now the weather was warmed up that we are away from Florida, we see people enjoying them. I believe I read there was blip with MUTS right before we departed, but working fine now.

A couple of places still smell a little musty, like around Crooners and in the atrium. As time goes on, it's seems to be less & less, so hopefully it's drying up. Not bad, just noticable.

A couple of things that were asked earlier, that may have been answered. Lunch in the MDR was open from 12:00 - 1:30pm.

I am not sure we have the new mattresses though. They look like the standard mattress as before, with a topper. I will have to look some more at them as thought, the new models had the pillow top on them in looking at the WEB site, however may be thinking of something else. They are comfortable non the less.

There was no UST this trip, due to operational issues. I can't get a break as tried both times we have sailed on the Coral to go on the tour. We will have plan another cruise on her :-)

Food has been good in Bayou Cafe, Sabatini's, the MDR and HC. I believe we have ate at every venue with no disappointment. Service has also been great in the restaurants & bars.

So, for those on the next cruise, it looks like everything is in good working order and hopefully will have as good of a time as we are.

Great to hear everything is almost back to order . We will be boarding in April in your cabin. :D Is everything in good working order? How is the balcony furniture? Also do you know the time for early fixed dining? Any other info you might share? Enjoy the rest of your cruise. Thanks.

Wow, as I sit here at home looking out my window at temps in the mid 30's and rain, your post is a ray of sunshine, [emoji3]. Glad to hear all is well.

We really found that most of the issues (which to our group were quite minor) were taken care of the first two days or so. Glad MUTS is now up and running, although I know many on these boards do not care for MUTS. For our group, the generosity of the $100 per person additional onboard credit plus 50% refund of our fare in future cruise credit was more than fair, although I can't speak for others who might have had worse problems.

We also love the size of the Coral and her wonderful features, many of which I don't think we will see in future Princess ships again.

Have a wonderful cruise, Eagle and Hawk!

Good to hear thing have settled down.

Where is Alfredo's?

We did not see it in Oct.

Great to hear everything is almost back to order . We will be boarding in April in your cabin. :D Is everything in good working order? How is the balcony furniture? Also do you know the time for early fixed dining? Any other info you might share? Enjoy the rest of your cruise. Thanks.

Everything in the cabin is working fine. Balcony furniture could use a new coat of varnish, but cushions are good. Two of the steamliner chairs with a small table, and a dining table with two chairs. This is a nice suite and right off the AFT staircase. Breakfast in Sabatini's is exceptional.

Early Traditional dining is 5:15pm in Bordeaux dining room, which is also the Anytime dining room. They set aside a section for traditional and you have the same wait staff each night.

MUTS is showing Bridge of Spies, The Intern, The Man from Uncle, The Martian, The Walk, Spectre, Ricki & the Flash, and The Hunger Games:Mockingingjay - Part 2.

Shows are Motor City, Dance, What a Swell Party. Ventriloquist is Jerry Goodspeed. Bands are Party Band Xtasea. Piano Entertainer is Chris Contillo. Comedian is Rolin Jay Moore. Bagician is Alexander Great.Also, another piano player is Chris Jankowski.

Time to get back up one deck.

Good to hear thing have settled down.

Where is Alfredo's?

We did not see it in Oct.

For two hours at lunch time, they do an abreviated Alfredo's menu in Sabatini's. We had it today and was just pizza, no pasta or salad. It was very good. I believe there is one day, other than embarkment, they do not offer it and forgot what day it was, as something else was going on during that time period in Sabatini's.

Today was also Pub lunch in Bayou Cafe. We were wanting pizza and decided on Alfredo's for a nice sit down lunch instead..

I am saving all the patters and also we are getting the MDR menus delivered to us every day that we are bringing back. I will try to get those scanned and uploaded somewhere for others to see.

For two hours at lunch time, they do an abreviated Alfredo's menu in Sabatini's. We had it today and was just pizza, no pasta or salad. It was very good. I believe there is one day, other than embarkment, they do not offer it and forgot what day it was, as something else was going on during that time period in Sabatini's.

Got it. We attended Sabatini's/Alfredo's a couple of times on our PC cruise.

I doubt they would ever open that on embarkation day, thats what threw me.

Is the Crab Shack (I think that's what you call it) on the Coral? Hope so, I love crab legs!!

Also, we will be trying Anytime Dining on our upcoming 19 day Coral cruise in April. Can someone explain how it works on the Coral? Where and when can you dine, tricks of the trade, suggestions, etc...there will be only 2 of us so we decided to give it a try.

Yes, they did offer the crab shack on selected nights. We did not do it, so can't comment about how it was.

The Coral has two dining rooms and the one on the 5th floor was used for Anytime. My suggestion is to arrive early or late, there was usually a line and wait for times in between. We had a party of 8 so can't comment on how seating was for parties of 3. We found food and service to be good!

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

Yes, they did offer the crab shack on selected nights. We did not do it, so can't comment about how it was.

The Coral has two dining rooms and the one on the 5th floor was used for Anytime. My suggestion is to arrive early or late, there was usually a line and wait for times in between. We had a party of 8 so can't comment on how seating was for parties of 3. We found food and service to be good!

We are cruising with a group of 7 and our TA suggested that AT dining for our group wouldn't be an issue. Now I'm beginning to doubt this strategy but there is a wait list now for TD. Did you make reservations for your group or did you end up waiting?

We are cruising with a group of 7 and our TA suggested that AT dining for our group wouldn't be an issue. Now I'm beginning to doubt this strategy but there is a wait list now for TD. Did you make reservations for your group or did you end up waiting?

If you have dining issues see the Maitre'd after boarding at the time/place listed in the embarkation day patter. Usually held in one of the DR's between 2p-3:30p. He can settle any table issues/dining times that you might have.

Everything in the cabin is working fine. Balcony furniture could use a new coat of varnish, but cushions are good. Two of the steamliner chairs with a small table, and a dining table with two chairs. This is a nice suite and right off the AFT staircase. Breakfast in Sabatini's is exceptional.

Early Traditional dining is 5:15pm in Bordeaux dining room, which is also the Anytime dining room. They set aside a section for traditional and you have the same wait staff each night.

MUTS is showing Bridge of Spies, The Intern, The Man from Uncle, The Martian, The Walk, Spectre, Ricki & the Flash, and The Hunger Games:Mockingingjay - Part 2.

Shows are Motor City, Dance, What a Swell Party. Ventriloquist is Jerry Goodspeed. Bands are Party Band Xtasea. Piano Entertainer is Chris Contillo. Comedian is Rolin Jay Moore. Bagician is Alexander Great.Also, another piano player is Chris Jankowski.

Time to get back up one deck.

Thank you so much for the updated info.

We did Not make reservations, as we kind of played it by ear. When we met at the dining room around 7, we generally had a half hour wait. One night we ate in the Bayou Cafe, which we all loved and of course they took a reservations and one night we were casual and ate in the buffet for dinner.

Eagle...the mattress with a pillowtop cover is what I've seen with the Royal & Regal's "pillowtop" mattresses. Based on their description & images for their new Luxury Bed mattresses it's a one piece true pillowtop mattress.

I asked the cabin steward yesterday if these were the new mattresses and he said yes. We were only the second passengers to sleep on them. They are comfortable and enjoyed several good nights sleep.

I just checked again as docked here in Aruba and up drinking some coffee. It's not a pilow top sewn into the mattress. It is a one sided mattress that is not flippable. There is a queen size topper, that is a pillow top held on with four straps around the corners. It's removable, and about two inches thick. It's not the egg crate, but a padded topper. It does close the gap well between the two matresses and can't tell much difference in the two sides. Maybe these are designed this way to be washable. In any case, they are more comfortable than the old mattresses.

Is the Crab Shack (I think that's what you call it) on the Coral? Hope so, I love crab legs!!

Also, we will be trying Anytime Dining on our upcoming 19 day Coral cruise in April. Can someone explain how it works on the Coral? Where and when can you dine, tricks of the trade, suggestions, etc...there will be only 2 of us so we decided to give it a try.

I was just looking at the patter and they offered it yesterday (Sunday). It says $20 a person for 6:00pm - 8:45pm in the Horizion Court. Yesterday was the second sea day of the cruise. We did not go to it as not a fan of crab.

Saturday night was formal night as Friday of this week will be formal night too, for those who will want to know :-)

I asked the cabin steward yesterday if these were the new mattresses and he said yes. We were only the second passengers to sleep on them. They are comfortable and enjoyed several good nights sleep.

I just checked again as docked here in Aruba and up drinking some coffee. It's not a pilow top sewn into the mattress. It is a one sided mattress that is not flippable. There is a queen size topper, that is a pillow top held on with four straps around the corners. It's removable, and about two inches thick. It's not the egg crate, but a padded topper. It does close the gap well between the two matresses and can't tell much difference in the two sides. Maybe these are designed this way to be washable. In any case, they are more comfortable than the old mattresses.

Maybe this will upload. THe mattress is D631.

Bed.jpg.a07cc8b1dd99df0fecee0e812317a68b.jpg

Maybe this will upload. THe mattress is D631.

Thanks for the updates on the mattress's. If these are in fact the new mattress's they fall far short of the luxury ones that Princess touts in there description.

"a mattress utilizing the latest in sleep science research and technology for the ultimate night of sleep on board".

Really? A strap on pillow top? :(

Edited by Colo Cruiser