Suite perks not so sweet

Doglover48

I don't understand all the negativity. You are on a cruise. Enjoy! Norwegian clearly states the terms. It is $50.00 per port. If you were able to go on an excursion cheaper on your own, why didn't you? Norwegian has the best perks out of all cruise lines. Just a suggestion, look at the positives. You will have a better time.

How to Book a Cruise

Correct method:

1) read and understand pertinent terms, conditions and booking rules

2) decide

3) book

Incorrect method:

1) decide

2) book

3) read and understand pertinent terms, conditions and booking rules

Yep you hit the nail on the head once again.

I just got off the Jewel Sunday. I had a penthouse suite which is the smallest suite I've ever encountered. The mini suites on Princess are better with more counter space and a real sofa and coffee table.

I also got the beverage package and don't drink. NCL would not do anything. It will be a long time before i consider sailing with them. The service was awful and slow.

I don't understand, you chose a suite knowing you would get all 4 perks, you do not drink so you did not use that one. What would have made you happy for NCL to give you? You certainly could have had a lot of smoothies instead of booze

I agree the Excursion Suite credit has no value for me. I asked my Cruise Consultant if it could be applied as OBC and was told No. I don't often do ship's excursions.

When I booked a Penthouse for last summer, they did not offer the excursion credit (which suited me fine) but they had prepaid gratuities. Probably about the same value in dollars but that was certainly useful for me.

Edited by sail7seas

We are not in a suite this time but we did get to pick two of the promos. We picked the UBP and the SDP for our upcoming cruise. I think the tips that the OP mentions may be the service charge that is on the bill for those free perks.

For our cruise there was $200.52 on the bill for Choice Promo Service Charge.

I'm thinking if you don't use a perk, then it is just an extra thing that you don't use. My problem would be getting charged for the promo service charge for items that you know you won't use. When we stay in the suites, we don't really use the concierge even though that is a suite perk. The concierge does receive a tip even if we don't use them because I am sure they do some behind the scenes work that we don't know about.

I also got the beverage package and don't drink. NCL would not do anything. It will be a long time before i consider sailing with them. The service was awful and slow.

Funniest post ever:

I made a purchase and received a free bonus.

I don't want or need the free bonus.

Therefore I'm never using that company again.

Funniest post ever:

I made a purchase and received a free bonus.

I don't want or need the free bonus.

Therefore I'm never using that company again.

Yup, seems about right. While some, on the same cruise, say it was the BEST cruise, there are some who will find fault with anything and everything... we all know the type, why worry about them.

Enjoy your cruise, pack a great attitude with a healthy sprinkling of patience :D :p

Perhaps this has been discussed, but if you're in a suite and get all 4 promos, can you turn down the UBP so you don't have to pay the 18% BSC?

If you are in a suite and have all 4 promos, if I'm not mistaken, I believe I have seen somewhere that the service charge is waived...

If you are in a suite and have all 4 promos, if I'm not mistaken, I believe I have seen somewhere that the service charge is waived...

That sounds great :) I hope it's true.

I'm just asking hypothetically since I put the UBP to good use, but it just popped into my head.

How to Book a Cruise

Correct method:

2) decide

3) book

Incorrect method:

1) decide

2) book

I think my original point was missed in that in previous situations NCL was very flexible and reasonable and gave me OBC. In this case, yes I can read the fine print, I was hoping they would be flexible again. $200 towards excursions or OBC for my own choosing it's still going to the company. That was really my point.

Still going on the cruise. Still going to enjoy myself.

A mod needs to rename the title of this thread so people don't waste their time on something so cut and dry. Even the splash page of the promo offers state it pretty clear.

https://www.ncl.com/specials-and-promotions/choice

SHORE EXCURSION CREDIT

Each stateroom receives a $50 per port Shore Excursion credit to spend on a wild adventure or a relaxing afternoon. For Bermuda each stateroom receives $150 worth of Shore Excursion Credi

I just got off the Jewel Sunday. I had a penthouse suite which is the smallest suite I've ever encountered. The mini suites on Princess are better with more counter space and a real sofa and coffee table.

Room too small? Didn't you do any pre-booking research?

Virgin Drinks. Simple solution.

How to Book a Cruise

Correct method:

2) decide

3) book

Incorrect method:

1) decide

2) book

I am sorry. You are just too...

A. Sensible

B. Logical

C. Correct

D. All of the above

You may be forgiven for making an illogical choice of stateroom on your very first cruise.

So you are unhappy with your illogical choice well what are you going to do about it ?

You could check out other cabins just walking down passageways - no not

a full fledged take out the measuring tape and doing a full video seminar.

Simple a sideways glance and you should be getting an eyeful of what some of the other cabins look like so that you can make a better choice on your next cruise.

You could have arranged to go to a Meet & Greet and partake of a 'Cabin Crawl' seeing other cabins.

Also you could visit other websites i.e. Cruisedeckplans for viewing photos

of cabins and avoiding pitfalls of those beautiful partially obstructed cabins looking at the helm of a life boat.

If You are not going to take another cruise why bother with any of the details or advice given at CC.

You made a mistake - you have posted here - most of us here are here to HELP you avoid making illogical cabin selections.

Study and bone up on all the printed and photo literature to help yourself make that cabin selection with no regrets or at the very least as few as possible.

KNOW BEFORE YOU BOOK AND GO !

If after getting onboard you realize that something is still not what you expected contact/visit Guest Services and see if an adjustment can be made.

It may entail a modest upgrade charge - your call if it is worth it !

Now don't go away mad - cruising may not be thing after all but I inkle that you posted here for a reason.

"TRY IT YOU WILL LIKE IT" !

I think my original point was missed in that in previous situations NCL was very flexible and reasonable and gave me OBC. In this case, yes I can read the fine print, I was hoping they would be flexible again. $200 towards excursions or OBC for my own choosing it's still going to the company. That was really my point.

Still going on the cruise. Still going to enjoy myself.

NCL has become much less flexible recently, just like many of the posters here. I still say keep trying, they might eventually do something.

Asking politely on the phone, once or perhaps even twice, to see if they would grant you the same flexibility this time is fine.

But starting a whole thread attacking NCL for what is essentially an issue of personal accountability on your part is way overdoing it. Trying to deflect from an issue of personal accountability to an issue of NCL not being sufficiently lenient becomes a manifestation of excessive and unreasonable self-entitlement.