Live BLOG & PERISCOPE from Anthem of the Seas - Feb 6, 2016

maaaaattt

Hello all,

I am excited to announce that I will be blogging and periscoping LIVE from Anthem of the Seas February 6-13, 2016.

I noticed a couple other members were planning to blog this sailing as well, so hopefully you'll have plenty of options to cruise along with one or all of us and get all the answers to your questions.

Please let me know what you're interested in finding out about and I'll do my best to get to the bottom of everything.

If you'd like to see my live videos on PERISCOPE, download and open the app and add @M_W_M_K and I'll be sure to pop up every time I see something cool worth sharing. Be sure to keep the @ symbol before my name or it won't find me.

This is my 21st cruise and my 18th with Royal Caribbean, so I guess you could call me a veteran of sorts.

You guys have supplied me with so much information over the years as I've browsed these boards, I figured it's high time I give back.

44 hours till sail way...

Matt

Edited by maaaaattt

Hello all,

I am excited to announce that I will be blogging and periscoping LIVE from Anthem of the Seas February 6-13, 2016.

If you'd like to see my live videos on PERISCOPE, download and open the app and add @M_W_M_K and I'll be sure to pop up every time I see something cool worth sharing. Be sure to keep the @ symbol before my name or it won't find me.

Matt

I'm not finding you on Periscope. Wondering if anyone else is having a problem? First name that pops up is Mark Klein - considering your name is maaaatttt, I'm guessing that's not you?

Will be on in May, so looking forward to seeing some scopes on the ship.

Thank you!

I'm not finding you on Periscope. Wondering if anyone else is having a problem? First name that pops up is Mark Klein - considering your name is maaaatttt, I'm guessing that's not you?

Will be on in May, so looking forward to seeing some scopes on the ship.

Thank you!

I was not able to find the OP on periscope either.

Following along on here and on periscope. I had no problem finding you either on periscope. I didn't even use the @ sign. Just typing in m_w_m_k was enough.

Have fun!

Ah - it was the @ sign that got me. I'm following now - or, at least I'm following some guy named Matt!

Okay - I've downloaded Periscope just to follow you! I'm booked on the Anthem in 2017. I'd be interested to see how long the flowrider lines are for stand-up riding as the cruise goes on.

Looking forward to seeing what you have to show us on board.

Okay - I've downloaded Periscope just to follow you! I'm booked on the Anthem in 2017. I'd be interested to see how long the flowrider lines are for stand-up riding as the cruise goes on.

Looking forward to seeing what you have to show us on board.

Same for me, leaving in may

Hello all,

I noticed a couple other members were planning to blog this sailing as well, so hopefully you'll have plenty of options to cruise along with one or all of us and get all the answers to your questions.

Please let me know what you're interested in finding out about and I'll do my best to get to the bottom of everything.

This is my 21st cruise and my 18th with Royal Caribbean, so I guess you could call me a veteran of sorts.

You guys have supplied me with so much information over the years as I've browsed these boards, I figured it's high time I give back.

44 hours till sail way...

Matt

Looking forward to reading your review. It is interesting to read many different reviews.

If you have a chance can you please find out one thing ....is the entrance to the kid's club on deck 12 port side or deck 11 port side? Thanks.

Should be onboard soon, folks. I'll start answering questions as soon as I can.

So far, the pre-cruise experience has been dreadful. One of the main bridges leading to Bayonne was closed, so it took 90 minutes to get here from Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. As I type this I'm stuck in traffic in a massive line outside the terminal trying to get in. Not sure if this is the ordinary, but considering it's noon, I would say I'm arriving at peak checkin time.

All should be better soon. I'll periscope from the checkin line shortly!

- Matt

Will be on Anthem in 6 very long weeks :)

Just curious if Anthem has the new R Bar? From what I understand it is replacing the martini bar. Found it on our last cruise last summer and it is my new favorite spot.

R Bar on Anthem, no R bar on any Quantum or Oasis class ship.

Hello again everyone!

We made it onboard. I must say, the traffic into the port at noon today was AWFUL, but the checkin process was amazing. We did not have a set sail because there was a last minute change to who I was traveling with made yesterday and I was told I would have to recheck in at the pier. However, even without a set sail, we went from our curbside porter to stepping into the ship in literally less than 10 minutes. I'm very impressed.

So far we've eaten lunch in the Windjammer and sat through the muster drill. Lunch was what I expected. No better or worse than any other Royal Caribbean Windjammer. I'm a big fan of mashed potatoes, and I have to admit, they were delicious.

We are now sitting in the Solarium waiting to sail away in about 10 minutes. As soon as we get going, I'll get a Periscope broadcast going.

Bon voyage!

- Matt