Freedom vs. Navigator....Help me decide!

sherlynn

I'm planning our 20th Anniversary cruise for December 2016 and trying to decide between the 8 night Eastern on Freedom or the 9 night southern on Navigator. We've sailed most of the Caribbean previously and we've been on NOS and loved it.....can I have some input from my fellow cruisers? I

have always appreciated the comments and suggestions from these boards. :)

I'm planning our 20th Anniversary cruise for December 2016 and trying to decide between the 8 night Eastern on Freedom or the 9 night southern on Navigator. We've sailed most of the Caribbean previously and we've been on NOS and loved it.....can I have some input from my fellow cruisers? I

I'd take the longer cruise, if the price is not that much different.

There are a lot of good answers. Since you have done Navigator, do Freedom, then you will have a basis for the next cruise. I have done both and would happily do either again.

The extra night and southern itinerary are winning me over....even though I'd like to try Freedom. We did enjoy every minute of our week on the Navigator though! Decisions, decisions.....gotta book soon before the price goes up! ;)

Cruise agent here..been on NOS twice, Freedom once, though been on Liberty ( sister to FOS) twice as well..one difference why I prefer the Freedom are the hot tubs in the adult Solarium pool area..on the Freedom, they stick out over the side, giving you sweeping views of the sea ( amazing!)..on the Navigator, they are inside the pool area with NO views of anything...other than that FOS a bit bigger & newer...love both ports of call, but go with the one with ports you haven't visited if that applies..any questions, give a shout...

Big Al

We have been on both Freedom and Navigator. For myself it would not matter as we have enjoyed both ships. For some people the one down fall about the Navigator cruise is the 9 nights. This would normally mean more stops. My DW has some health issues and would find the busier trips to be too exhausting, especially in the hotter southern ports. If we were to stay on ship at some ports she would feel cheated so even if she was not feeling well she would want to go ashore which could make her over tired.

I believe the navigator price is higher than freedom but freedom is a newer ship compared to navigator so I'm not sure. I love both ships but I could pick freedom over navigator since it's a better ship class

I don't think Freedom is that much better, especially after Navigator received her upgrades.

Cruise agent here..been on NOS twice, Freedom once, though been on Liberty ( sister to FOS) twice as well..one difference why I prefer the Freedom are the hot tubs in the adult Solarium pool area..on the Freedom, they stick out over the side, giving you sweeping views of the sea ( amazing!)..on the Navigator, they are inside the pool area with NO views of anything...other than that FOS a bit bigger & newer...love both ports of call, but go with the one with ports you haven't visited if that applies..any questions, give a shout...

Big Al

Oh yes....I remember enjoying those gorgeous hot tubs on the Oasis!

However, the ports on the Navigator seem to be calling my name! Pretty certain we are going to go with the Navigator now. Freedom class will have to wait for another year or so....or 5 as you can see from my usual pattern!

I've gotta stop looking and just start booking.......

Now I've found a great price on the Adventure for December and it's 2 less nights than NOS but it's $1000 cheaper! Yes, air fare will be higher to San Juan vs to Miami but not $1000!! Plus, AOS is apparently going into a major dry dock in October so she'll be all spruced up!

Help me make a decision once and for all!

I've gotta stop looking and just start booking.......

Now I've found a great price on the Adventure for December and it's 2 less nights than NOS but it's $1000 cheaper! Yes, air fare will be higher to San Juan vs to Miami but not $1000!! Plus, AOS is apparently going into a major dry dock in October so she'll be all spruced up!

Help me make a decision once and for all!

Well that throws a wrench in the situation. If it were me, Freedom would be out of the question at this point. Have you been to San Juan before? Maybe spend an extra day or two there and then do Adventure. Navigator would still be tempting to me, but you have to decide whether that amount of $$ is worth it.

Yup....did AOS southern 5 years ago and loved it! So hard to decide cuz I want to be comfy with my final decision. Hubs is no help....he just said to book it...although he would prefer the 9 nights.

I'd go with the 9 nights to be honest. If you can swing the cost, book it and don't look back. :)

It is very difficult to give you sensible advice without knowing the costs of the things you are comparing. If I could have a 9 night cruise for close to the same cost as an 8 day cruise....the extra night wins.

Both ships are wonderful and have many of the same things to do on board. navigator will have less fellow passengers, but she is a smaller ship overall.

You admit that you have sailed most of the Caribbean previously, so the ports of call are probably those you have already visited. If there is a port of call that you have not been to, that might push you into choosing that cruise if price was very close.

For me, if I could have the extra day, I would!

You should make up your mind and book soon. I booked the 9 night Navigator April/2017. I booked as soon as the cruise was offered. The price is now $1620 higher than I paid. There are also no suites left at all. Very popular trip going southern Caribbean leaving from Miami. Roll call is just under 2000 posts.

We are booked!!! Navigator, 9 nights in December! Let the planning begin!

Ah, congrats!

Just wanted to easy any concerns you may have about doing the same ship twice. We did two sailings in a row (Feb and Dec 2014) on the Independence (sister to Freedom) and the ship was just as exciting the second time. I was a little concerned about it before the second cruise, but there was no need to worry. It helped that the itinerary was different as well. As a bonus, it's kind of nice to know your way around a ship.

Have a great time on your cruise.

Dan