Price drop on my cabin is $800, can I get it?

ottmar

Three weeks ago I booked an inside room on the Ruby for 15 nights to Hawaii on March 24 through an on-line travel agency I dealt with before because of some perks they give.

Because I booked so close I paid in full and was assigned a cabin with the stipulation that I would be open to an upgrade.

Now, three weeks later and about six weeks to go, the price of an inside on the Ruby has dropped by $400 per person, were I booking it now.

Though we are platinum with Princess I don't know if I should bring this up with them or only with my travel agent and can either of them actually do something about this?

....Ott

Three weeks ago I booked an inside room on the Ruby for 15 nights to Hawaii on March 24 through an on-line travel agency I dealt with before because of some perks they give.

Because I booked so close I paid in full and was assigned a cabin with the stipulation that I would be open to an upgrade.

Now, three weeks later and about six weeks to go, the price of an inside on the Ruby has dropped by $400 per person, were I booking it now.

Though we are platinum with Princess I don't know if I should bring this up with them or only with my travel agent and can either of them actually do something about this?

....Ott

You must deal with your TA.

If you booked with a travel agent Princess will not discuss price with you. Call your travel agent and all you can do is ask. Some on CC have had some success.

If someone books directly with Princess then are refunds the norm if the price goes down?

That's why we book thru Princess not a TA much easier to deal with it your self the price most likely will go up again I would try to get the lower price now. Our cruise in April dropped 200 per person we called Princess and they gave us the lower price no problem.

Thanks. So basically it's best to hold off with the final instalment until its due date?

If you're booked, and the price drops before payment is due, yes, you can likely get the price dr. If it's past the final payment due date, any price drops will likely be for new bookings only. in that case, you wouldn't get your fare adjusted.

If you are booked thru princess you will always get the price drop even after final payment.

It appears that your price drop happened before final payment from your post on your roll call. Final payment is 75 days before sailing or 60 days for shorter ones...

The OP is sailing in a few weeks, way past final payment, which is why be probably won't get the fare reduction.

This is not false I have gotten lower price after final payment every time price has dropped and that has been more than four times with the most recent being yesterday on a April cruise that the final payment had been made weeks ago. Not sure what your doing but it wrong.Only when you book thru princess not ta

How many times have you cruised with Princess? It is false... You're giving wrong information.

Are you taking cruises longer than 4 days? Final payment for short cruises are 60 days from the sailing date. That may explain why.

Every one on this forum will tell you you're wrong and you're calculating something wrong.

Occasionally, exceptions are made but not often.

How many times have you cruised with Princess? It is false... You're giving wrong information.

Are you taking cruises longer than 4 days? Final payment for short cruises are 60 days from the sailing date. That may explain why.

Every one on this forum will tell you you're wrong and you're calculating something wrong.

Occasionally, exceptions are made but not often.

It's not totally false.

I book directly with Princess now, following problems with TAs when there have been price reductions whether or not it is before or after any price reductions. The TAs were always very reluctant to even try to get the reduction as it affects their commission.

With Princess I have a Personal Cruise Rep, he has always told me that if a price drop happens he will always adjust the price if before final payment, whether or not it is for New Bookings or not.

After final payment for example he has given us a double upgrade from balcony to mini suite plus additional $200 each obc

It is always worth a phone call whether or not you are with a TA or Princess Direct.

We use a TA so Princess will not talk to us. However we have had hit & miss with reductions. After final got OBC for half the lower fare, but this has happened only once with several requests over the years.

I think as with everything and Princess it depends on who you talk to even for the TA. If you don't like the answer wait and call back it will generally be a little different not what you want maybe but different :).

This is not false I have gotten lower price after final payment every time price has dropped and that has been more than four times with the most recent being yesterday on a April cruise that the final payment had been made weeks ago. Not sure what your doing but it wrong.Only when you book thru princess not ta

If you make final payment before the final payment is actually die then it is understandable that Princess would refare your cruise because It wasn't the due date for final payment yet. Did you get your fate reductions in this matter? Did you make final payment before the actual last day it was due?

You're confusing the final payment date. It is not the date you pay off the cruise. It is the date stipulated by Princess that you must fully pay for the cruise. Typically the official final payment date as stipulated by Princess is 75 days prior to your cruise. You can certainly fully pay for the cruise prior to that date, but that isn't the "final payment date". Early payment does not affect the "final payment date".

Neither does the "final payment date" have a thing to do with whether you book through Princess or through a travel agent. If a travel agent does not want to refare a cruise or wants to charge a fee for refaring due to a price drop, then it is time to find a new travel agent.

I have two agents I used frequently. Neither charges for re-fare, changing bookings, or for cancellation. Nor is it more difficult to deal with a travel agent. It is the same process, you just call a different number. BTW, my two travel agents typically offer 10-12% discounts off the cruise fare plus some nominal OBC.

Price on our 2 cruises dropped after booking. TA contacted Princess and not only did we get the lower fare, we also got a free dinner in a specialty restaurant on each cruise and free gratuities for both cruises.:D