Price drop on my cabin is $800, can I get it?

ottmar

I am the one who started this thread and I called my travel agent about the lower fare and she went on the phone to Princess while I was holding and came back to me and said that to try any rebooking would voind my w$360 free gratuities. So I said just leave it at that and princess said that if any free upgrads come along they will try to give it to me because I stated at booking that I would accept them.

I am the one who started this thread and I called my travel agent about the lower fare and she went on the phone to Princess while I was holding and came back to me and said that to try any rebooking would voind my w$360 free gratuities. So I said just leave it at that and princess said that if any free upgrads come along they will try to give it to me because I stated at booking that I would accept them.

At least you made the call.

Enjoy your cruise.

If the booking dropped by $400pp and the "free" gratuities are worth $360, then taking the price drop would still put you $440 ahead, wouldn't it?

If you are booked thru princess you will always get the price drop even after final payment.

Not true! Stop with the inaccurate statements. Princess may give it to you, but is not obligated.

Edited by CI66774

I use an online Cruise agency. I saw our cabin on the Royal had dropped by about $350.00 Per person. Called our company this morning, they upgraded us from a basic balcony to a mini-suite. Also upgraded my kids from an inside cabin to a balcony. No extra charges of any kind. They wont refund any money however.

Joel

I had a very similar situation...price dropped after i made the final payment by about $400 for the cabin...had booked through a TA...TA said they could not do much...called Princess and insisted they should do something :D and the rep was very nice...he worked with my TA and had us upgraded from the balcony to a mini suite for a $100 charge which i was happy to do for the additional room...refund of the difference was not an option in my case as well...

I had a very similar situation...price dropped after i made the final payment by about $400 for the cabin...had booked through a TA...TA said they could not do much...called Princess and insisted they should do something :D and the rep was very nice...he worked with my TA and had us upgraded from the balcony to a mini suite for a $100 charge which i was happy to do for the additional room...refund of the difference was not an option in my case as well...

I can understand the disappointments when fares drop after making final payment. I do not understand how someone can insist on compensation for a contract one enters with Princess. You bought the product at said price.

I'm glad it all worked out for everyone. Sounds more like an upsell than a demand that was placated.

I can understand the disappointments when fares drop after making final payment. I do not understand how someone can insist on compensation for a contract one enters with Princess. You bought the product at said price.

I'm glad it all worked out for everyone. Sounds more like an upsell than a demand that was placated.

There is really no harm in asking in this situation. If Princess did not do anything i would have been fine with it.

The price i paid was the same as a mini suite would have been after the price drop.

Lots of confusion here, when prices drop you are eligible for the reduction IF your category is the same as the reduction, small chance of this as the new policy has created a load of more categories, then next step is to rebook to a new category losing all perks & taking on what the new category offers. The new policy has made it more difficult to receive a reduction as the catgories now contain a limited amount of cabins.

I use an online Cruise agency. I saw our cabin on the Royal had dropped by about $350.00 Per person. Called our company this morning, they upgraded us from a basic balcony to a mini-suite. Also upgraded my kids from an inside cabin to a balcony. No extra charges of any kind. They wont refund any money however.

Joel

Keep in mind that many online Cruise agencies are consolidators NOT travel agents. There is a difference. They are reselling cabins THEY have already purchased at a much greater than commission discount. Sometimes they have a fair amount of flexibility and other times not so much

Edited by TNTLAMB

We have a cruise coming up at the end of April, so we have not made final payment yet. I noticed the price had gone down and my travel agent called Princess .Princess says it's for new bookings only ,no price drop for me unless I want to give away my cabin. We are traveling with another couple and we have cabins next to each other ,so we do not want to lose our cabins. Seems to me that if the price drops before final payment Princess should honor it but they don't , well they do if you want to take a chance on your cabin not being available and somebody else snagging it .

Julie

We have a cruise coming up at the end of April, so we have not made final payment yet. I noticed the price had gone down and my travel agent called Princess .Princess says it's for new bookings only ,no price drop for me unless I want to give away my cabin. We are traveling with another couple and we have cabins next to each other ,so we do not want to lose our cabins. Seems to me that if the price drops before final payment Princess should honor it but they don't , well they do if you want to take a chance on your cabin not being available and somebody else snagging it .

Julie

Are you sure your TA is telling you the truth? I don't see any special new booking rate for your 4/30/16 sailing on the Crown. Even if that is the case, your TA should be able to book the same room for you easily...

Are you sure your TA is telling you the truth? I don't see any special new booking rate for your 4/30/16 sailing on the Crown. Even if that is the case, your TA should be able to book the same room for you easily...

I believe my TA when I asked them if I could get the cheaper price I saw online and they said they called Princess and for new bookings only.

I did not call Princess myself.

I was told that I could cancel my booking and rebook at the new price which was $100 per person lower but it would not be guaranteed that I could get the same cabin that I have. So yes I believe my travel agent .should I believe my travel agent? I don't know ,but I just wanted to comment because that's what this post is about people getting or not getting a lower fare.

Julie

You forget that people are offered different kind of promotions. So, the prices you're seeing aren't necessarily the prices offered to others...

I think the message is just ask (and in this case your TA).

I've learned that no matter what others have experienced, your experience may be different. Even those rules that are apparently hard and fast at Princess seem to get waived at times.

I saw a sale for new bookings only and my category of room was not included. With nothing to lose I called my TA who talked to Princess and they gave me a substantial OBC as 'goodwill.' I am sure the same call on another day may have gotten a different result.

Good luck.

Getting a credit, price reduction or other perk after your final payment date may also depend upon where you are in the refund timeline. If you are 74-57 days prior to sailing and your penalty for cancelling is just your deposit and the new bookings fair price is cheaper even if you include your lost deposit, then it only make sense for princess to give you some sort of credit for the price reduction.