Anthem keeps docking us around

shaun07

Way to take what I said totally the wrong way :rolleyes:

My point is that bookings are up, not down and this is nothing that hasn't happened before. In a week, it will all be forgotten except for those onboard. I still stand by what I said.

Next time I'll try to be more clearer for you :rolleyes:

In the interest of clarity, you have access to the booking stats over

the last week?

After reading all your recent posts i REALLy do hope you write a book….i will buy a copy at the first printing!

thanks for 2 good laughs this afternoon! you painted a perfect picture with the "disappointed new jersey accent" description…i recall sailing with her on a princess ship!

i hope our paths cross on a future cruise…

PS: its currently a very chilly 68 degrees F. here in florida, wish you were here...

well it looks the weather topic is back on the table because if his wife's headache doesn't go away it looks like he's got a back up plan

Edited by shaun07

I would consider him a seasoned cruiser.

All rci captains are, especially the ones that get the new ships. Thank goodness, for he brought the ship through the storm with little damage and no loss to crew or passenger, with passengers not even losing their ability to post on cc;)

Someone else posted about tides so I thought it was true. It was kind of rude to include the sentence I was making it up:mad:

I'll apologize for that statement if you admit that your post was a bit Condescending.

What's up? The tide is. Kind of like Tampa and the Sunshine bridge. The ships can't just slide in unless the tide's down.
Edited by FLACRUISER99
added quote

Go back and check the FACTS. storm was predicted 20 to 30 foot seas and 30 to 40 mph winds with gusts to 50 mph. Storm was not upgraded until 5:50pm on Sunday and Anthem was already in the storm which was THREE times worse than what was protected.

Facts? We don't need no stinking facts. They just ruin irrational opinions that are stated as though they are truths delivered from the mountain top.

I would not sail on a line that stayed at the dock every time there was the possibility of a storm going bad.

What you don't know, and have no way of knowing, is how many times over the last few decades have they thought about changing itinerary for weather, and decided not to, and everything was fine? Or, in other words, how any times will we have to sit at the dock for weather if you get your way?

I'm very concerned that if this blows up, and there are many lawsuits, that we'll see ships refusing to sail whenever there's even the remotest possibility of foul weather.

Is that what you want?

All rci captains are, especially the ones that get the new ships. Thank goodness, for he brought the ship through the storm with little damage and no loss to crew or passenger, with passengers not even losing their ability to post on cc;)

AND he made sure the superbowl was shown with no interruption. LOL (joke people joke)

People boycott all the time, by spending their money somewhere else. Personally, I would never leave on a cruise ship from a northern port in the winter. If enough people begin feeling the same way I do, then the ship will move to another port in the winter. If the ship continues to sail sold out, it will stay where it is.

I think a lot of people will stay onboard. The majority won't be able to carry their own luggage off the ship and 9pm-11pm is late to be hitting the road unless you live close by. So maybe its some smart Pr moves by Rcci. "see it can't have been that bad most people stayed on"

I never thought I would be this happy to see Jersey.

LOL Shaun. Nice to see you in better spirits.

Be watching you guys go under the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge on the PTZtv streaming webcam. Give us a wave off the port side.

What time do you think it will come into view? Do they usually follow the Anthem on camera returning to port like they do when it is leaving?

Be watching you guys go under the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge on the PTZtv streaming webcam. Give us a wave off the port side.

Hi, do you know about what time she will be passing under the brigde?

or even a ballpark of a time?we will be watching as well

Thank you

People that don't know what there talking about should keep there mouth shut.

You know nothing about how decisions were made, you have no idea how to read a real forecast, weather maps ect. The only thing you quote is that Al Roper said the storm was going to be bad. Worst of all you don't know the time frame from start to finish. So how can you comment on who's fault everything is. Your being a judge and jury with no information. This board makes me sick sometimes.

f9a3bfd18dcc8e13685c3077717f09a1.jpg

Karina - Thanks for your reports. We really appreciate it. However, there was no storm off Jacksonville. Not in the forecast. Not developing. Not at all. I snapped the East Coast US storm map when someone on the ship posted about the non existent "Jacksonville storm."

You guys threaded the needle and followed the nor'easter back up the coast.

okey doke. I was just relaying what we were told was the reason. More interesting, though, is he came back later and said they made the right decision because that storm was developing as expected.

Ah well. What's done is done and we are all safe and will have a great story. I have been through a number of storms and this was truly awful. There was only a moment or two, though where i was genuinely afraid afraid.

My family was on anthem of the seas, this past week. I think royal needs to be more aware of passengers safety and avoiding storms. I think the only way for royal to hear us, is if all disgruntled passengers, boycott RCL until changes are made, such as the captain being fired. And addressing and making new regulations on how to handle storms. Look i have heard from many of people on board that captain thought he could out run this storm, and storm blew up and they got caught. Many meteorologists have stated this storm was expected. We passenger sneed to demand better safety. It can't alway be big cooperations dictating there bottom line to us. Remember without us, they would have empty ships. I have been loyal to royal for over 15 yrs, but I don't want to see this happen again, new jersey is a new port and they should set up different regulations and more training for there captains.

Since you ar enot going to use RCL again, can I have your 50% discount voucher that they were giving out to cruisers on that particular cruise. Thanks

I agree. That is why I value his assessment of the severity of the storm.

okey doke. I was just relaying what we were told was the reason. More interesting, though, is he came back later and said they made the right decision because that storm was developing as expected.

Ah well. What's done is done and we are all safe and will have a great story. I have been through a number of storms and this was truly awful. There was only a moment or two, though where i was genuinely afraid afraid.

Karina, Thanks for your efforts throughout this ordeal. You were an objective and truthful source of information.

Edited by Royal2464

"By now you've probably heard of the Anthem of the Seas, the Royal Caribbean ship that ran into -- as the captain likes to say -- "a low pressure who's intensity was not forecasted". Let me categorically say that the storm was indeed forecast. The map I've included here is the 48 hour forecast from NOAA NWS Ocean Prediction Center which clearly stated "RPDLY INTSFYING" and "DVLPG HURCN FORCE" off the east coast of the United States. Other text and graphical products from that office and others warned of the developing gale. This event is eerily similar to the incident in which the Freedom of the Seas, after leaving Port Canaveral, "core-punched" a rapidly intensifying low pressure system north of Grand Bahama on 9 October 2011. There are many common themes: a gigantic modern ship carrying thousands of passengers that's may be perceived as "too big to fail" by cruise line officers, a possible superficial or glancing look at the weather forecasts without digging deeply into details or possible changes, and an apparent perception that all the captain needs to worry about is wave heights so that wind intensity is not sufficiently considered. Sure, these giant ships with their modern stabilizers can handle 30 foot seas. But in both incidents it's the wind that's caused the damage (and sometimes injuries to the passengers), because the pressure of 100+ MPH winds hitting what is essentially a "floating building" can make the ship list several degrees, enough to send furniture, objects, and people tumbling. It's more than likely that there will be litigation stemming from this incident (like there was for the Freedom of the Seas), at which time the details of how something like this could happen (again) will come."

John Morales