Can anyone recommend parking in Miami near the cruise port?

Henry325

Can anyone recommend parking in Miami near the cruise port?

I apologize for not paying more attention when we were at the Port of Miami 2 weeks ago, but, I could swear there is a huge multi story parking garage directly across the street from the cruise port.

I did a Google search and found this:

"Parking is conveniently available at all cruise terminals. Designated disabled permit parking spaces are available in each garage. Spaces are also available for oversized vehicles (oversized vans, recreational vehicles and vehicles with trailers) at special rates. All facilities are patrolled by security. Oversized vehicles may only park in Lot #2, across from Cruise Terminal E."

http://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/parking-transportation.asp

I used safe cruise parking. It was reasonably priced and conviently located near the port. If you are in a hurry to get to the boat or head back home after your trip park at the port. Else wise it took about 30 mins to load and be shuttled to the terminal.

Edited by lcookie

I do not recommend any off site parking in Miami. Not safe and many many bad reviews. The port parking is great but pricy at $20 a day. I park at a Miami airport hotel for only $4 a day. Then u can uber to the port for $22 each way. First uber ride is free though.

Locals will ALL tell you this: There is no safe parking outside the Port of Miami to leave your car for an extended time. Especially downtown Miami.

It isn't just a matter of security around the parking but the fact that the parking employees are usually the ones ripping you off.

Yes, people will come on this board and tell you what a great experience they had with XYZ Parking but there will be twice as many who don't read these boards with horror stories.

Caveat emptor.

Locals will ALL tell you this: There is no safe parking outside the Port of Miami to leave your car for an extended time. Especially downtown Miami.

It isn't just a matter of security around the parking but the fact that the parking employees are usually the ones ripping you off.

Yes, people will come on this board and tell you what a great experience they had with XYZ Parking but there will be twice as many who don't read these boards with horror stories.

Caveat emptor.

EXCELLENT ADVICE!!

It's a dicey area and the stories have been on our local news with the stories about issues with these off port parking sites.

As someone who lives the area and drives around there all the time, not where I'm leaving my car at night.

We parked a convertible BMW at Safe Cruise Parking. It was in the same condition as when we left it. Left my Santa Fe SUV there, all good.

Believe who you want to.

momonthego, I just realized your lot is in Overtown??? OMG please don't ever drive through there again let alone park there.

It is one of the worst neighborhoods in the US and certainly has one of the highest crime rates.

Seriously, I'm not kidding at all. You are taking your life in your hands. It is one of the poorest neighborhoods in the US.

Google: Overtown Murders.

You have to drive through that neighborhood to get to the port. What am I supposed to do?

The interstate goes over Overtown. You should merge I95 to 395 and I believe it takes you right to the tunnel.

You should not be driving through Overtown to get to the port.

Downtown Miami is a business center.

Also in the evening there is the American Airlines Arena and the Adrienne

Arsht Center, plus the Perez Art Museum.

Lots of commuters come for the day and leave at quitting time.

An night there is concerts and basketball.

That's why any off port lots are a long way from the port.

We used Park and Go. Very efficient and quick for shuttle drop off and pick up. They run continuously to and from. Price was substantially lower than the port parking especially if booked on line ahead of time.

OP is asking about Port of Miami not Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale) which is the Park 'n Go I presume you are referring to since I've never heard of one in Miami.

momonthego, I just realized your lot is in Overtown??? OMG please don't ever drive through there again let alone park there.

It is one of the worst neighborhoods in the US and certainly has one of the highest crime rates.

Seriously, I'm not kidding at all. You are taking your life in your hands. It is one of the poorest neighborhoods in the US.

Google: Overtown Murders.

Completely off topic but, My husband watches some show on called 48 hours. They've been in Overtown for the past couple episode. We spend alot of time in SoFlo and he asked me if I ever heard of Overtown..I was like "no"....now I'm kind of glad I didn't know.

ETA: Park at the port. Is so great to walk off the ship, roll your luggage across the street to the garage, and just leave. Penny wise - Pound foolish. :)

Edited by Cruiser Who Knows Nothing