New Pitbull music video "Freedom" is a big NCL commercial

Jezo

I expected better from the guy who founded the upscale lines Regent and Oceania.

What, exactly, did FDR do wrong here? To the extent he was even personally involved in selecting Pitbull, how is selecting one of the most popular Miami-based performers to sell a mass market cruise ship sailing out of Miami a mistake?

Do you prefer the ridiculous new Princess Cruises commercials with a disembodied voice reciting a lame out of office greeting?

I'm getting the sense that you chose the wrong cruise line... hopefully you still have time to cancel and rebook elsewhere.

I didn't really like the commercial but I am not who they are marketing to. Thought there was way too much focus on "sex" But that is what sells. I can't say I've heard a Pitbull song before but I did think it was catchy.

....I don't know what you are all talking about. That is what everyone on my last cruise looked like.:rolleyes:

I didn't really like the commercial but I am not who they are marketing to. Thought there was way too much focus on "sex" But that is what sells. I can't say I've heard a Pitbull song before but I did think it was catchy.

....I don't know what you are all talking about. That is what everyone on my last cruise looked like.:rolleyes:

Of course it's catchy. It's the Rolling Stones!

I like the version by the Soup Dragons, even more:

Stephen

Of course it's catchy. It's the Rolling Stones!

I like the version by the Soup Dragons, even more:

Stephen

I was having that discussion with my son yesterday. He said it's a catchy song and I said, yes, it's a good remake :)

As for the video, it's not portraying cruising at all, and I'd thought we'd come further along as a species than to use women that way in advertising, but I'm sure it appeals to some people.

Edited by SuiteCruiser

new guy? that is Pit Bull. He is a famous rapper from Miami and is the Godfather of the Norwegian Escape.

I was speaking of the train wreck DelRio and his idea of media relations.

Truth be told, I never heard of Pitbull before he was made Godfather to the ship so I have zero opinion on him outside of the fact that I think the video is crap.

Edited by iimmie

As for the video, it's not portraying cruising at all, and I'd thought we'd come further along as a species than to use women that way in advertising, but I'm sure it appeals to some people.

The women were standard fare for a music video. The NCL commercial doesn't portray women in the same way.

I didn't really like the commercial but I am not who they are marketing to. Thought there was way too much focus on "sex" But that is what sells.

The music video is like a commercial but it's not an official commercial.

I love NCL; they're our go-to cruise line, but I didn't like that video at all! I'm not a fan of rap music and I don't think I've ever seen so many girls dancing on the ship in such little bikinis. That said, I'm sure the video appeals to someone...I'm still planning to cruise on Escape one of these days, but definitely NOT as a result of watching the video.

~ Joanne

Just a good reminder I need to hit the gym later today so I can be ready to dance like that on the Escape in August!
You also have to pick a sexy country, from NCL's shortlist of sexy countries: "Miami", UK, Spain, Australia, China, Braseeoo, Mehico, Bahamas, and Gooba.

It's fun commercial, better than that annoying RCI commercial music.
I like the commercial as well; much better than the recent Royal Caribbean and Princess commercials. The commercial and music video are two different things and I don't think most would have ever seen the music video if it weren't posted on here.

Perfume, skin care, cars, soft drinks, alcohol, every thing that is sold, that I can think of, uses young attractive women in their advertising.

I ready dont understand the problem. Old women use wrinkle cream but 20 yr old are in the commercial. Old men buy cars , but nut usually in the commercials. Screaming, crying kids and fighting parents fill main street in Disney but young attractive happy family's are the only ones in the commercials.

Every company wants to seem young and fun. Sex sells.

You don't like it? Get in to advertising and change the world. Complaining about NCL for doing the same thing every other company in the world does is just silly.

3 minutes of my life I will never get back

What a load of crap that was

They showed more women and body parts of women then they actually showed anything on the ship. In addition to that some of these women need to shave under their arms. Yes I believe it is sexist, however as someone else said… Sex sells.

Harriet

This is the actual commercial I have seen on TV using Pitbull. I like both versions. Once again different markets see something different.

https://youtu.be/Vuc9Q32Qwok

At least this commercial gives everyone an idea of what cruising actually is and the different activities that can be done. Actually, this makes me want to cruise more than the other commercial does.

Then again I am a woman, and I have no fantasies of ever meeting and hooking up with any of the women from the other commercial LOL

Harriet

I was speaking of the train wreck DelRio and his idea of media relations.

Truth be told, I never heard of Pitbull before he was made Godfather to the ship so I have zero opinion on him outside of the fact that I think the video is crap.

I suspect NCL was not trying to market to you. Pitbull has been around for a decade and is Miami based. Great combination for a cruise line cross marketing. Look what's happening in Vegas. Pool party nightclubs with aDJ that makes more in a day spinning than most make in a year advertised on billboards with lines of people paying hefty $$. They are looking for the Cosmipolitan or Aria Vegas crowd that spend big dollars on booze and food to fill the ships. They have to market to the future to survive.

They showed more women and body parts of women then they actually showed anything on the ship. In addition to that some of these women need to shave under their arms. Yes I believe it is sexist, however as someone else said… Sex sells.

Harriet

It's not like Pittbull is not easy on the eyes

I love Pitbull, but this looks more like an advert for Vegas. I love NCL, but they missed the mark on this. Of course, my 18 year old son thought it was fantastic, but oddly enough, he doesn't pay for the cruises we go on! :)

• Haha 1

We have cruised with NCL once or twice each year since 2002, and that video does nothing to represent any cruises we've been on. Looks like an add for a singles club, rather than a cruise line that caters to families, seniors, and the middle class. I liked the one they showed aboard ship----"HAPPY".

This one turns me off.