Waiting to board Anthem

ESN

I am hoping Captain Claus is captain on the Anthem when DH and I sail in May. It would be a pleasure to shake his hand. As the wife of a Maine Maritime grad who started in the Merchant Marine, retired from the Navy and then became a Master Mariner, I have a small inkling what it takes to make the decisions they face. DH was shipping on the Great Lakes when the Edmund Fitzgerald went down. He made it home, they did not. Skill? Luck? Both in part.

Waiting for muster drill

Had a fun ride on bumper cars. Rooms all ready when we boarded

Walked around - rebooked shows

All looks good - no signs of damage

Apart from closure of ifly etc - all good

No mention of who is captain yet but we are already having a great time.

Ifly part may come in at Orlando they said. We will see

Happy to be onboard

Waiting for muster drill

Had a fun ride on bumper cars. Rooms all ready when we boarded

Walked around - rebooked shows

All looks good - no signs of damage

Apart from closure of ifly etc - all good

No mention of who is captain yet but we are already having a great time.

Ifly part may come in at Orlando they said. We will see

Happy to be onboard

Bon Voyage. Have a great cruise!:)

See, that's unfair. Some people chose this ship because of the things that are down from the storm. The passengers deserve to have the ship in the mint condition they thought it would be in when they booked it. RCCL should have taken their time to put things back together in 100% working order and back to the beautiful state it was in. The paying passengers deserve to be able to reschedule if they want to for when it is totally 100% back to normal.

Not everyone Can reschedule except for maybe next year. Just because a few thing are not working cancel a cruise, Heck they could be not working for a variety of reasons.

See, that's unfair. Some people chose this ship because of the things that are down from the storm. The passengers deserve to have the ship in the mint condition they thought it would be in when they booked it. RCCL should have taken their time to put things back together in 100% working order and back to the beautiful state it was in. The paying passengers deserve to be able to reschedule if they want to for when it is totally 100% back to normal.

Years ago for our first RCI cruise we chose Explorer of the Seas as I just had to try of one those mega Voyager class ships. The sailing before us some kids did something and pretty much burned up the inline skating track. They were fixing it during our cruise. I would never have wanted RCI to cancel that cruise because the ship was not in mint condition or was missing an amenity that I thought would be available at the time that I booked the cruise. I am sure a skating track doesn't seem like a big deal now but back when the class of ship first came out these new for a cruise ship venues attracted a lot of attention.

I am sure the folks this week would much rather cruise with some missing amenities rather than have their cruise cancelled.

Two weeks ago on Oasis most of the water shows were cancelled due to both weather and mechanical issues. I love the Aqua Theater shows. They are the main reason that I book Oasis and Allure. But, for various reason, some expected amenities just end up not being available on any particular cruise.

Edited by Ocean Boy

Really:eek: Hold a ship for a week or two to fix an amusement ride??:rolleyes:

Not for a week, for however long it takes, a week, two, a month.. whatever. Paying passengers should not have to sail on a broken ship when they paid for a brand new ship with brand new experiences. If you don't agree so be it. :rolleyes:

I hesitated to post - unfortunately you are being very unrealistic - smh

Your opinion. It's how I feel.

You obviously think 100% emotionally. You have to be logical too. Your posts the last few days have had me shaking my head. I know how emotional thinkers are and seeing things in any way except through their own feelings is impossible. You need to step back and realize you've lost the audience here and it's become comical. You need to take other's feelings into consideration.

And, FYI, nothing in life is ever 100% perfect.

Edited by BND

You obviously think 100% emotionally. You have to be logical too. Your posts the last few days have had me shaking my head. I know how emotional thinkers are and seeing things in any way except through their own feelings is impossible. You need to step back and realize you've lost the audience here and it's become comical. You need to take other's feelings into consideration.

And, FYI, nothing in life is ever 100% perfect.

Well said.