What are your personal Top Tips for Royal Princess?

LMaxwell

Little known events, unique features, special offerings. Anything in particular to the Royal you would suggest looking out for?

Neighbors just returned from a Royal cruise and we are sailing on Royal on the 23rd of March. There is a BOGO beverage Happy Hour from 3 to 4 PM (supposedly) at each bar/lounge. This is new and my Royal Princess representative thought this to be true.

Buy a coffee card if you would enjoy the International Café. Their Pizzeria restaurant has always been a mid-day favorite.

There are many more places to have a nice dinner other than the MDR. We love Alfredo's, one couple we spoke to there said they ate dinner in Alfredo's every night! The buffet also has a wonderful dinner buffet, and we love being able to just walk in at anytime, casual dress, and sit down without having to worry about waiting for a table or slow service.

There are many more places to have a nice dinner other than the MDR. We love Alfredo's, one couple we spoke to there said they ate dinner in Alfredo's every night! The buffet also has a wonderful dinner buffet, and we love being able to just walk in at anytime, casual dress, and sit down without having to worry about waiting for a table or slow service.

Agree with all this. I would add that we also really enjoyed two additional fee offerings:

• the Winemakers Dinner - $40 per person, 3 courses each with unlimited wines paired to each course. Limited to 12 and only offered once on our 2 10 day B2B cruises (first cruise not enough signed up).
  • The Ocean Terrace Seafood Bar on the Promenade Deck overlooking the atrium had sushi, oysters and a fabulous crab margarita at reasonable prices. We ate a light dinner there twice.

Embarkation day we visited Enclave in the Lotus Spa for a tour and got the "deal" (which is probably the normal price for the cruise); was a nice surprise for us, and being adults-only with limited access/open until 10 pm, we used it daily. Used one-punch on our coffee card for gelato across from the Internation Cafe (for a full flavor selection go earlier in the day). Take time to enjoy the large framed photos lining the residence deck hallways, which are terrific. We really enjoyed the Royal - have a lovely cruise!

Neighbors just returned from a Royal cruise and we are sailing on Royal on the 23rd of March. There is a BOGO beverage Happy Hour from 3 to 4 PM (supposedly) at each bar/lounge. This is new and my Royal Princess representative thought this to be true.

Buy a coffee card if you would enjoy the International Café. Their Pizzeria restaurant has always been a mid-day favorite.

Not at every bar.

Crooners between 3 & 4 PM and Club6 11 to midnight.

Good way to stock up on canned or bottled beer :)

Do not do the Sancturary on the Royal They put it on a deck that has hurricane winds on sea days. Instead there is a nice bar area just outside the buffet deck on the front of the ship. We hung out there a lot and just read.

Also when you go to MUTS at night the fountain does a pretty water show but it wets everything down. Royal was my least favorite ship of princess

Do not do the Sancturary on the Royal They put it on a deck that has hurricane winds on sea days. Instead there is a nice bar area just outside the buffet deck on the front of the ship. We hung out there a lot and just read.

Also when you go to MUTS at night the fountain does a pretty water show but it wets everything down. Royal was my least favorite ship of princess

We did the Sanctuary on 2 10 day B2Bs on the Royal in October and had no problem with 'hurricane winds on sea days.' The first cruise we had lounges right up against the bow; the second we had a cabana (an upgrade given to us by the Sanctuary manager) on the port side. We greatly enjoyed the Sanctuary on the Royal (moreso than our other Sanctuary experience on the Ruby Princess).

Do not do the Sanctuary on the Royal They put it on a deck that has hurricane winds on sea days.
The location of the Sanctuary on the Royal Princess is almost exactly the same as most other Princess ships with a Sanctuary: upper deck and forward. Only the Coral and Island have a different location (aft). I've done the Sanctuary many times on the Royal and Grand-class ships and never noticed "hurricane winds" at sea or on port days. There are clear glass windbreaks to protect you from the wind. On warm days, it's nice to have a breeze blowing.

2386b68e4c482f5b3a6655ea28419311.jpg

Edited by Pam in CA

My biggest tip about the Royal Princess is that the library had almost no books when I was on in October. At one point, there were about 15 fiction books. I like to read a real book and I don't like hauling them with me, so I went to the library and found virtually no books. Unless something has changed, I suggest you stock up your eReader or bring along books if you're a reader.

PS. I really enjoyed the Royal.

Edited by KruzPrincess

My biggest tip about the Royal Princess is that the library had almost no books when I was on in October. At one point, there were about 15 fiction books. I like to read a real book and I don't like hauling them with me, so I went to the library and found virtually no books. Unless something has changed, I suggest you stock up your eReader or bring along books if you're a reader.

PS. I really enjoyed the Royal.

We started referring to the library as "the bookshelf". Our small house has a larger library than this huge ship; I think we have more cookbooks than the ship has books in general. Bring your own book. Most people used it to play cards at the tables.

Don't miss Kory Simon in Crooners bar in the evenings, eat at Alfredo's at least once, and don't miss the special dinners in the buffet (German, Brazilian, etc). I actually liked the buffet food better than the mdr.

Do they advertise the special dinners in the buffet in the Patter or do you have to actually go to the venue and look at the board outside the dining area?

This may sound mad, but look at the pictures in the hallways as you are going from the elevator to your cabin, some are amazing and if you have a cool day a walk around the hallways is good exercise - crazy but on the TA it wild away an afternoon much better than the art auction lol

Chefs table is breath taking

Wine Makers Dinner is lovely

Alfredos is a pleasant change from MD or HC

Do they advertise the special dinners in the buffet in the Patter or do you have to actually go to the venue and look at the board outside the dining area?

Yes, it is listed in the Patter, usually on the inside pages, and not the back "dining info" page. This is also where they post the Crab Shack and Fondues nights.

Another thing. For those who are interested in EZ Check: You will not get the form to sign up for EZ Check if you don't complete the Personalizer with your return flight information. They were able to sign me up for EZ Check even though I'd missed the deadline, but I would have been disappointed if I hadn't gotten it.

Another thing. For those who are interested in EZ Check: You will not get the form to sign up for EZ Check if you don't complete the Personalizer with your return flight information. They were able to sign me up for EZ Check even though I'd missed the deadline, but I would have been disappointed if I hadn't gotten it.

Is this the bag transfer option? When the ship checks you in, prints boarding pass (?) and takes your bags to airport and you pick them up at your destination airport?

Maddle

Could you be referring to the Horizon Terrace which is actually in the stern?

Another nice, quiet areas are on the faux promenade deck in the back of the ship (enter by the doors before the Vista lounge). They have comfy padded teak loungers. Not many people are aware of it so it is very quiet with most people reading or napping :)

This may sound mad, but look at the pictures in the hallways as you are going from the elevator to your cabin, some are amazing and if you have a cool day a walk around the hallways is good exercise - crazy but on the TA it wild away an afternoon much better than the art auction lol

Chefs table is breath taking

Wine Makers Dinner is lovely

Alfredos is a pleasant change from MD or HC

I agree....I wish Princess did this on their other ships instead of having stark beige hallways....the pictures are beautiful, educational and inspiring and I love that they were taken by past Princess cruisers!!! :)

We did the Sanctuary on 2 10 day B2Bs on the Royal in October and had no problem with 'hurricane winds on sea days.' The first cruise we had lounges right up against the bow; the second we had a cabana (an upgrade given to us by the Sanctuary manager) on the port side. We greatly enjoyed the Sanctuary on the Royal (moreso than our other Sanctuary experience on the Ruby Princess).

Can you advise me of the cost for the Sanctuary. Is it for a full day or half days or both. When is the best time to book, at the beginning of the cruise or when you want it. Can it be booked for port days if you dont wish to leave the ship.

We have been on the Royal Princess back in 2014 and we have just booked to cruise on the Royal for the Med cruise 6th May 2017. Can wait.

Thanks