Escape cruise 2/6-2/13-EXcellent

Bobstam

Such a great experience, great Stateroom and great bar staff at the Waves bar (up stairs pool bar), free food venues were all very good. We really enjoyed our first NCL cruise. We were in room 14892, loved the location, easy walk up to 16 for buffet and pool areas.

Looking forward to our next NCL cruise!!

A major difficulty with this cruise for us was our state room. We had the balcony state room 9256. Our first night on board revealed that the room creaked, groaned and cracked most of the night resulting an almost no sleep night in all but calm conditions, sea state wise. It was like being in Captain Jack Sparrow's sea cabin aboard the 'Black Pearl'! We approached Guest Services the following morning but to no avail.

We were told the ship was at capicity and no alternative state rooms were available.. Our cruise was far from restful as can be imagined, getting a nap in the afternoons whilst in port the best we managed to attain. We get it that it's a new ship and a degree of 'settling in' might be required.... but not at the guests expense!

One member of staff we spoke with was of the opinion that our state room should not be sold, however we suspect NCL will follow the money. So beware state room #9256!

A busy noisy cruise for us. Mega ships no more! As for the pool deck area at sea...a zoo! Each to their own I guess. The first cruise of a number on various lines we have been on where we have not regreted the cruise coming to an end....it was almost a relief! This was our fourth N C L cruise, previously on the Sun and Spirit...great cruises! We are obviously not Mega ship cruisers!

This, ladies and gentlemen, is whats known as "thread crapping"...

Was this post really necessary right after the OP's innocuous message about a nice cruise, and a room on deck 14?

Exactly. Some folk can't help themselves. To the OP, I'm glad you enjoyed. Can't wait to sail on her in July.

Was this post really necessary right after the OP's innocuous message about a nice cruise, and a room on deck 14?

Well hush my mouth for daring to offer a contrary opinion to that of the op, an opinion i respect. Like I stated in my post, each to there own. N CL Cheerleaders, carry on cheering....:) Incidently, this was my fourth NCL cruise, the previous three being excellent.....but not on mega ships like the Escape. Once again, each to their own.

Easily preventable though.

Post your review in the review section and this never happens.

Post your review in a discussion forum, and you open it up to comments from every Tom, Dick, and Crapper...:rolleyes:

But then, some people prefer the running commentary...positive and negative...to simply posting their opinion of their experience without the commentary.

Easily preventable though.

Post your review in the review section and this never happens.

Post your review in a discussion forum, and you open it up to comments from every Tom, Dick, and Crapper...:rolleyes:

But then, some people prefer the running commentary...positive and negative...to simply posting their opinion of their experience without the commentary.

I understand what you're saying...agreed. The thing that got me about this one in particular, was that the first response had practically nothing to do with the original post.

The OP states that had a great cruise in a cabin on deck 14, and then the next post is a long diatribe about a particular cabin down on deck 9!

This is just a classic thread crap, and it kills a thread, and reasonable discussion. Just like when someone blurts out something inappropriate and confusing in a normal verbal conversation (remember those?).

Annnnnyway.....back to the thread.

We sailed on the 1/30 cruise. Although the ship is large, and can be crowded at certain places/times (midday on the pool deck - yep!), we had a GREAT cruise. Our service was outstanding, the crew super friendly (there's always exceptions to any rule to be sure), and SO MANY things to do, and really interesting and nice places to explore on the ship. I am sorry about your cabin noise Macadian...it definitely needs to be dealt with, and I would be upset about it too...

I understand what you're saying...agreed. The thing that got me about this one in particular, was that the first response had practically nothing to do with the original post.

The OP states that had a great cruise in a cabin on deck 14, and then the next post is a long diatribe about a particular cabin down on deck 9!

This is just a classic thread crap, and it kills a thread, and reasonable discussion. Just like when someone blurts out something inappropriate and confusing in a normal verbal conversation (remember those?).

Annnnnyway.....back to the thread.

We sailed on the 1/30 cruise. Although the ship is large, and can be crowded at certain places/times (midday on the pool deck - yep!), we had a GREAT cruise. Our service was outstanding, the crew super friendly (there's always exceptions to any rule to be sure), and SO MANY things to do, and really interesting and nice places to explore on the ship. I am sorry about your cabin noise Macadian...it definitely needs to be dealt with, and I would be upset about it too...

Well, I would hardly say that the response had practically nothing to do with the original post.

The OP and the person responding were on the same cruise (as was I), and had previously become associated through participation in the Roll Call. It is perfectly valid to show that different people can have vastly different experiences....even on the exact same cruise!

Still....that is no reason to judge someone for responding. This isn't a "positive responses only" zone.

I'm simply stating that reviews posted in the review section (seems kind of obvious, right?) don't have the running commentary. However, when posting reviews in a discussion forum, you have to allow for the discussion that will follow...including posts that you may not agree with or even like.

Such a great experience, great Stateroom and great bar staff at the Waves bar (up stairs pool bar), free food venues were all very good. We really enjoyed our first NCL cruise. We were in room 14892, loved the location, easy walk up to 16 for buffet and pool areas.

Looking forward to our next NCL cruise!!

Thanks for your comments. I've stayed away from the mega ships, sailing mostly on the Jewel class ships, but with all the good comments about the mega ships, I might just have to give one a try. Thanks again.

Glad you enjoyed your trip. We were on that cruise too. Enjoyed it also. Had my SIL along for her first ever cruise. She bought a Cruisenext certificate on day 4. She said her hangers were banging the second day, after she figured out what it was. Our weren't. Of course, we cruise a lot. So we know we're on a ship in the water. When we unpack we put clothes on them, and drop the unused to the floor. No banging. Haven't had a sound out of our cabin closet for 10 years.

A major difficulty with this cruise for us was our state room. We had the balcony state room 9256. Our first night on board revealed that the room creaked, groaned and cracked most of the night resulting an almost no sleep night in all but calm conditions, sea state wise. It was like being in Captain Jack Sparrow's sea cabin aboard the 'Black Pearl'! We approached Guest Services the following morning but to no avail.

We were told the ship was at capicity and no alternative state rooms were available.. Our cruise was far from restful as can be imagined, getting a nap in the afternoons whilst in port the best we managed to attain. We get it that it's a new ship and a degree of 'settling in' might be required.... but not at the guests expense!

One member of staff we spoke with was of the opinion that our state room should not be sold, however we suspect NCL will follow the money. So beware state room #9256!

A busy noisy cruise for us. Mega ships no more! As for the pool deck area at sea...a zoo! Each to their own I guess. The first cruise of a number on various lines we have been on where we have not regreted the cruise coming to an end....it was almost a relief! This was our fourth N C L cruise, previously on the Sun and Spirit...great cruises! We are obviously not Mega ship cruisers!

Process wise you should have started your own review thread rather than share here, especially since your opinions are not in line with the thread title.

Process wise you should have started your own review thread rather than share here, especially since your opinions are not in line with the thread title.

As stated before, BOTH posters were on, and were discussing, the SAME CRUISE...the one mentioned in the thread title. I fail to see how your post is "in line" with the thread title?

There are four (4) people on this thread (so far) who were on this cruise. I don't see how any of their opinions would be unacceptable given that the common shared cruise IS the topic...

Well, I would hardly say that the response had practically nothing to do with the original post.

The OP and the person responding were on the same cruise (as was I), and had previously become associated through participation in the Roll Call. It is perfectly valid to show that different people can have vastly different experiences....even on the exact same cruise!

Still....that is no reason to judge someone for responding. This isn't a "positive responses only" zone.

I'm simply stating that reviews posted in the review section (seems kind of obvious, right?) don't have the running commentary. However, when posting reviews in a discussion forum, you have to allow for the discussion that will follow...including posts that you may not agree with or even like.

I agree...No problem with differences of opinion, and I'm certainly not a NCL die hard defender. My issue is with derailing threads for no good reason. It happens WAY too much around here, and buries good discussion. Perhaps if the response had expanded some on the crowded aspects, and not been 90% "our cabin sucked", It wouldn't have dumped all over the OP's thread...which, unfortunately, I am now doing. My apologies to the OP.

Glad you had a great cruise...I enjoyed the ship immensely, although the spa and vibe passes helped! :-)

I agree...No problem with differences of opinion, and I'm certainly not a NCL die hard defender. My issue is with derailing threads for no good reason. It happens WAY too much around here, and buries good discussion. Perhaps if the response had expanded some on the crowded aspects, and not been 90% "our cabin sucked", It wouldn't have dumped all over the OP's thread...which, unfortunately, I am now doing. My apologies to the OP.

Glad you had a great cruise...I enjoyed the ship immensely, although the spa and vibe passes helped! :-)

Sorry, but when the topic is a specific cruise, I can't see how a person ON THAT EXACT CRUISE expressing their opinion (whether positive, negative, or neutral) can be seen as derailing. Maybe if somebody on a different cruise were trying to state their opinion I could see your point, but not when the parties involved were on the SAME CRUISE.

What I see as derailing is denouncing people's opinions...THAT certainly isn't the topic of the thread nor is it the function of anyone here except for the Mods.

Sorry, but when the topic is a specific cruise, I can't see how a person ON THAT EXACT CRUISE expressing their opinion (whether positive, negative, or neutral) can be seen as derailing. Maybe if somebody on a different cruise were trying to state their opinion I could see your point, but not when the parties involved were on the SAME CRUISE.

What I see as derailing is denouncing people's opinions...THAT certainly isn't the topic of the thread nor is it the function of anyone here except for the Mods.

I've tried to be nice to you, but you continue...

So ANYTHING that happens on THAT EXACT cruise is on topic then??

Excuse me, but that is PATENTLY ABSURD!

I've tried to be nice to you, but you continue...

So ANYTHING that happens on THAT EXACT cruise is on topic then??

Excuse me, but that is PATENTLY ABSURD!

Yes...(duh)...when the thread title starts out with "Escape cruise 2/6-2/13" anything (and everything) that occurred on that cruise is ON TOPIC.

If you believe a post is off topic, you are supposed to consult with the Mods...not try to lecture people inside the thread.

You're so interested in judging others that you can't see how you're being disruptive...come down from your soapbox and stand with the rest of us.

If you have a comment on THIS cruise, post it here...if you want to talk about your own cruise...talk about it in your own review and/or discussion thread.

If you have a comment on THIS cruise, post it here...if you want to talk about your own cruise...talk about it in your own review and/or discussion thread.

Now look who's setting themselves up as moderator...

And you call me judgemental of others...

So much hypocrisy... Good show!