Best deal you've ever had

bluecookies

Booked the Barcelona - Galveston, 14-night transatlantic in fall of 2012. Category D balcony for $629.00pp. That was before we got our Diamond balcony discount!. Less than $44 per night per person! The good old days of real sales!

Booked the Barcelona - Galveston, 14-night transatlantic in fall of 2013. Category D balcony for $629.00pp. That was before we got our Diamond balcony discount!. Less than $44 per night per person! The good old days of real sales!

Best price so far, Crown Princess repositioning from Vancouver to LA last fall. 3 days, balcony $119pp ($174pp with taxes). I received $50 OBC for Carnival Corp shareholders benefit, my father $50 OBC vets benefits. Can't beat $41.33pp per day all in! However, the upsell fairy emailed shortly before the cruise and sold us a lido deck suite. The final price was still under $100pp/per night.

I'm very happy with my Navigator fare for later this month. I booked during tax day special last year. RCL paid taxes and port charges and also combined with a 33% off sale. The online TA had a bonus of free gratuities, but the final price would drop below a RCL minimum. They could not provide that perk to us. They ended up having us prepay gratuities and gave us enough OBC to just fall above the minimum price.

I've watched the fares closely since last April. No sale has come close to the rate I booked.

The first cruise I did together with my girlfriend was on Allure Of The Seas in late august 2013, we booked an inside since she was a student.

The price dropped A LOT after final payment, I rebooked and paid a rebooking fee around $75. Got a balcony cabin AND still got money back from what we had paid for the inside cabin.

Best of all, I didn't tell my girlfriend about the upgrade until we where standing inside the cabin (the doors was open since they were cleaning).

Best deal we have received was for our upcoming 6 night Sydney - Melbourne cruise on the Carnival Spirit. This cruise is a specialty cruise to attend the Melbourne cup an iconic Australian horse race. Cruise price also includes return bus from the ship to the track and admission.

While checking a social media cruise bargain group which I am a member of one night it was posted that the price of a single balcony was $492 AUD. It was a misprint on the Carnival site. Regular price was $2046 pp double share or $4092 for a single but for the single in one category they had omitted one zero.

While a few thought it would not be honoured we went ahead and booked and many others also pulled the trigger and paid in full that night. Carnival have honoured the bookings.

So we have a balcony cabin each for $492 pp AND as this is Australia and we don't play the add on taxes later BS the price includes everything (Carnival Australia also includes grats in their price). $25 OBC also.

Our upcoming cruise on Maasdam. 4 sisters on a 7 day cruise in an ov cabin all in about $460.00 pp. And since I just got off a cruise I will get a $25.00 obc. (not a whole lot of money, but its a bottle of wine for us girls.)

Last week we took a short 4 night cruise on the Enchantment to the Bahamas. We got an inside for $185 each. That comes out to about $46 per night. You can hardly stay in a decent hotel room for less than $100 for two people! I wish I could book another, but can't find anything close to that price.

What deals have you snagged? It doesn't necessarily have to be a low dollar amount, but perhaps a great deal for your ship, itinerary, time of year, etc.

$800 on board credit Queen Victoria, Mediterranean cruise and upgrade to full suite on Holland American for 10 day carribean cruise.

December on Celebrity Constellation 5 nights:

OceanView for 4 people. $1285 Total cabin cost with taxes/port fees.

$425 OBC for the cabin.

Classic drink package for wife and I.

Non-alcohol drink package for kids plus 40 min of internet each.

Wish I could score this every year!

Two years ago the Wife snagged a 7 night cruise out of San Pedro down the Mexican coast and back.

Cost was $249.00 each for a Ocean View Obstructed. And, we received a total of $300.00 OBC.

We will not forget that cruise for a long time. Due airplane malfunction and poor handling of the problem by the airlines, we missed the first 3 days of the Cruise.

We stayed in a Hotel in PV and met some wonderful people down there who also had missed the ship. What an adventure that inexpensive cruise turned out to be.

Bob

We did two Med cruises on Celebrity a few years ago.. Balcony cabins w/ large extended balcony. Both cruises were 14 days, both were under $100. per day per person, INCLUDING taxes and Gratuities. Arranged a 10 day for DS at the same price point. Had a similar price point on a 10 Celebrity Carib. cruise over Christmas the same year. Another late booking. They were all Tuesday specials.

Edited by iancal

On reflection...the very best cruise deal we have ever had came to us last year courtesy of Princess. A free cruise w/upgraded cabin

It was in the form of a move over offer in late Dec. for our Feb. 14 day South American cruise.

In return for giving up our spot we rec'd:

-a full refund on our cruise

-a 14 day cruise of our choosing-anywhere

-an free upgrade from a balcony to a minisuite

-Princess refunded to us the $250. charge we incurred from the airline for cancelling our reward tickets.

Great offer...we thought about it for a full two seconds.

Move over offers can be awesome.

My best deal is probably one that we ended up cancelling. My TA had her group pricing priced wrong. They priced a 21 day cruise at about $100 more than the 7 day version and honoured it. We ended up cancelling that one for a land trip that I don't regret. Best one we took, probably Ruby Princess a Grand Med $1,199 for a mid ship balcony with $550 OBC.