"LIVE" from the Brilliance of the Seas 2/18 and 2/22 BTB

niksmom630

One of my favorite areas on this class of ship is the Windjammer outdoor seating area

FDE05ADD-A5EC-40D5-8E45-8680B0549609_zpscoauz4fq.jpg

AF458E8F-FC8C-463E-BA3C-A6BA75832280_zpslqcypcoc.jpg

Interior seating area where the 24 hour coffee station is located...

69A9323A-C8BB-4533-99FF-2C5EE5B4452B_zpsrgask2un.jpg

Rita's Cantina

282C3AC3-1B43-424F-9CDE-B1E1469E9925_zpstuev6xoc.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Here is the menu from Rita's

A97E882D-DD10-435A-93D4-1ECD261D9AAD_zps8hmlys7n.jpg

379027BD-AB80-410B-ABF7-B0F497D1C787_zpsroo4yeg6.jpg

Veggie carvings displayed in the windjammer...

9CD9B371-BAE9-4D75-AA5C-EAFC09635F33_zpsw8givv69.jpg

A4817944-AF37-4B1C-AD90-7958921E95E4_zpsvw6eog0k.jpg

I took this photo late one afternoon...I love the sun filtering through the clouds 😊

C4A62676-C1E1-4791-85C3-1A96E1FB7566_zps8sdrvoc5.jpg

So, there is a markedly different vibe between these two sailings....it's has been a long time since I was on a 4 day sailing.

On the 4 day sailing I suspected it would be more of a "party" atmosphere, and it was...however more noticeable was the " hurried" atmosphere. It was evident among the passengers and crew. Hurry up and have fun, hurry up or you won't get a pool chair, elbow your way to the front of the pool bar to get the most out of your drink package.....

The crew seemed distant, rushed, and not as friendly as I am accustomed to. Case in point...my one and only interaction with the Concierge...

On the last evening of our first sailing, I wanted to print boarding passes from my daughters and as you can imagine, it was fairly crowded at the RCI Online stations, so I decided to go up to the Concierge desk and ask if they could print them for me. The conversation went some thing like this...

Chris - "Hi, how are you this evening, I was wondering if you could help me with something?"

Her - no smile, no greeting "Can I see your sea pass card?"

Chris - hand her my seapass card "I was wondering if you would be able to print some boarding passes for me?"

Her - " what's your stateroom number?"

Chris - "oh, it's for my daughters who are traveling with me"

Her - " I only assist Diamond Plus, Pinnacle and Suites guests. This is why we give you free internet for 4 days, so you can print them yourself" then she hands the flight information back to me....

WOW.....OK... 😳😡😡😳

Chris - "well since my daughter IS Diamond Plus, does that mean you can print her boarding pass for me, and I will take care of printing my lowly Emerald daughters boarding pass?"

She then took the flight information from me and printed off the boarding passes and handed them to me. I thanked her, and she walked away....words can't really describe how irritated I was following this exchange. Note to self- go see Derrick In the Diamond Lounge for my next boarding pass request.....😂

Chris,

That is not the kind of WOW that RC should be providing.:eek: I am glad that you were able to breath deeply and find your inner peace. I would have been walking away and talking under my breath, once the pases were printed.

Chris, your experience in the Concierge Lounge is unfortunately reminiscent of several exchanges I witnessed more than once on the Brilliance during our B2Bs this fall - not there in the CL as I am merely a Diamond lol, but at Guest Services and at the podium at MTD. It was stunningly curt and dismissive language and behavior that I'd never before seen or heard. It was nicely balanced by everyone else on the ship, but - WOW (which I don't mean in a good way).

Thanks again for all of the pictures !! Did you notice on the 4 night if there was a specialty dining package offered and what the price was??

Linda

Chris,

That is not the kind of WOW that RC should be providing.:eek: I am glad that you were able to breath deeply and find your inner peace. I would have been walking away and talking under my breath, once the pases were printed.

Andrew, I needed several margaritas after that experience to go along with all the salt I had going on 🍹🍹🍹

Chris, your experience in the Concierge Lounge is unfortunately reminiscent of several exchanges I witnessed more than once on the Brilliance during our B2Bs this fall - not there in the CL as I am merely a Diamond lol, but at Guest Services and at the podium at MTD. It was stunningly curt and dismissive language and behavior that I'd never before seen or heard. It was nicely balanced by everyone else on the ship, but - WOW (which I don't mean in a good way).

Thanks again for all of the pictures !! Did you notice on the 4 night if there was a specialty dining package offered and what the price was??

Linda

That was really only one of two negative experiences I've had on the ship this far...the friendliness of the crew and the service has been top notch THIS sailing. The second experience I'll share later, and will likely be a long winded post, but at this point I will focus on all the positives, since I am spending a lovely day in the Solarium, so I'll post some photos now.

As far as the dining packages, I didn't save my compasses this sailing, but remember I have a few crammed around the door frame of the adjoining door in my room to prevent it from rattling. Maybe day one is in there somewhere 😂 I'll check later

683CA7E6-FC3C-4AED-94D7-E36C935C33D6_zpswyitfte3.jpg

B585F133-90EF-4EA4-A65A-F60DDC2FFE0A_zpsu8wzuo37.jpg

F0E5BA2B-CA47-4F7F-9CD2-58E355CFB883_zpsioqzhkcq.jpg

EE7D0C26-9301-4A9F-9329-BDDE96738FDF_zps8x5dwhdn.jpg

Park Cafe

1D9B0A86-4507-43C1-915E-4F0B855B7E55_zpsmv2jsqct.jpg

6A83FE54-3C9B-4231-B02D-CDD7DBCD0D8E_zps2srrlkek.jpg

Because a good portion of the Solarium now has seating for the Park Cafe, there are a lot fewer lounge chairs....

FB67304B-B47D-47E5-8B12-C921BEC1F318_zps1u56wipk.jpg

On our first sea day last week, I went to grab a chair at 7:45 am, and there was not one available 😳 The hogs were out in full force. Not to be denied my "chair" this morning, I woke up at 6 am and sprinted up to deck 11....as it turns out, there are a lot fewer Solarium lovers on this sailing so I had the place to myself for several hours. One of my favorite spots!

Pool and "kiddie" water slide area...I have some fond memories of this area...😊 DD Nicole's first cruise was on the Brilliance when we did the partial Panama Canal transit. She was a few inches short of the height requirement to go down this slide alone, so guess who made a few dozen trips down this slide with her?

A3A2AF08-F016-4DC0-87F4-13F7AA5B0CD7_zpswvnvnthf.jpg

3D011E64-2665-48B3-AFE4-95C143CC389B_zpsc7qjnjnd.jpg

I don't recall seeing these children's life vests by the pool area before. There is also a blurb in the Compass encouraging their use onboard, but they cannot be taken off the ship...

9E143EB9-52FF-4CCF-B2C1-CEE1FD9F999E_zpssvu0s9sf.jpg

Andrew, I needed several margaritas after that experience to go along with all the salt I had going on.

With the salt earlier in the cruise, caused by the cell phone plan, I will now change my expression from earlier in your review. When life gives you salt, make margaritas.

We have freezing rain today changing to snow followed by a winter storm. All while I sit here as I sit at my office. Maybe, I should make some margaritas and save some salt for the drive home.:p

You guys enjoy your day in Cozumel, or whatever you are up to.

Another beautiful morning at sea! 😊 we will be arriving in Grand Cayman in a few hours

D56E35E8-84F0-4193-A2F7-20E8F282EB6F_zps257asbla.jpg

339493F3-6655-4E6E-93DD-0B8D8FB0B182_zpsrmhtugzo.jpg

D8E6F99F-DD2F-4BEC-A573-48321E471F1B_zpsjerqqet1.jpg

We are looking forward to our beach day at the Royal Palms. We have two beach cabanas booked for our group of 7.

On our first sailing, this area next to Cafe Latitudes was covered with a "pardon our dust, opening soon" drape. The next cruise area has been relocated and enlarged

4C9F7794-EDE9-420E-B052-AB9AB3D8FF38_zps94qwbbmi.jpg

5D6FFC81-2D08-443A-B8E5-8CBE251C58BF_zps8d8z71av.jpg

A few random photos...

Vintages

41A53329-3ECB-41BB-8ADE-E33A17FA81F8_zpszuhmdqpr.jpg

Nice view if you have to wait for the elevator 😊

33CBAFEF-9CC8-49FC-BD05-A9034AE20757_zpsij4wnkxz.jpg

Our cabin steward continues to shine, and has provided excellent service. Towel animal

29535F46-8108-4151-B2F1-0ADFAADCA61F_zpsrzcgmik4.jpg

More ship photos coming up....

SAD NEWS FLASH!

😢😢😢

We will not be going to Grand Cayman!

Deteriorating weather conditions in the afternoon....all the ships planning to port here today are turning around. 😩