"LIVE" from the Brilliance of the Seas 2/18 and 2/22 BTB

niksmom630

Do you know if it is normal to start boarding that early in Tampa? Also- how has the entertainment been?

Barring any fog or customs delays, that has been our experience on our last few trips out of Tampa....boarding does commence early.

The musical entertainment has actually been some of the best we've seen on any RCI cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Back on reliable 4G 😊 lots of photos to post today, and I have some more thoughts to share about this sailing...we are looking forward to turn around and another 5 days aboard Brilliance

A0F73C79-2D98-43F2-A275-677ECB01E148_zpsoczigxxs.jpg

92E9E7F3-0650-493E-A991-1FFF7175316A_zpsijoaat1a.jpg

F0EBFE57-E7AA-4308-AACE-48AD6D8DE44A_zpsnkwmvuzc.jpg

Do you know if it is normal to start boarding that early in Tampa? Also- how has the entertainment been?

We've had two recent cruises out of Tampa, December and January, and they both were boarding before we arrived at 11am.

We are loving the review. I can't wait to hear about the rest of your experience. Did you hear much noise from the the theater underneath the cabin? We have a forward deck 7 cabin booked for next month, and my little one is a light sleeper. I am looking forward to the extra room though. How were the shows? Food? Any favorites? Thanks!

Great, thanks for the Back to Back info! Hope your turn around day is going smoothly.

Have a great 2nd cruise :)

Turn around was fairly painless. We met in the conference room next to the photo area at 9:00. They served coffee, juice and pastries. We're it not for the few stragglers who refuse to vacate the premises, the whole process would only have taken 10 minutes. There were about 12 of us. Walked off thru customs, handed new sea pass card, back up the ped way for a new sea pass photo, back onboard at 10. Ran around to get some photos of the empty ship, people are already filing on! More photos coming up after we go for our lunch at Chops....

Turn around was fairly painless. We met in the conference room next to the photo area at 9:00. They served coffee, juice and pastries. We're it not for the few stragglers who refuse to vacate the premises, the whole process would only have taken 10 minutes. There were about 12 of us. Walked off thru customs, handed new sea pass card, back up the ped way for a new sea pass photo, back onboard at 10. Ran around to get some photos of the empty ship, people are already filing on! More photos coming up after we go for our lunch at Chops....

Sounds like it went very smoothly. When we did it on Allure last March, from our initial meeting time until we were done, it took 1.5 hours. We did have 40 B2B cruisers.

Is lunch at Chops provided by the ship? I can't wait to read and see what they will provide for you. We were given a nice lunch at Giovanni's when we did it.

Sounds like it went very smoothly. When we did it on Allure last March, from our initial meeting time until we were done, it took 1.5 hours. We did have 40 B2B cruisers.

Is lunch at Chops provided by the ship? I can't wait to read and see what they will provide for you. We were given a nice lunch at Giovanni's when we did it.

Andrew,

Chops was fabulous! There were only eight of us, seated at one table. I think I will be sticking with appetizers and salad for dinner! One of the best meals we've had on the ship so far!

280D21C0-60D8-43AA-A109-2951FE8F8944_zpsbsjh55bs.jpg

Our group took part in several activities...parasailing, snorkeling, and massages...I'll report back n that later...I'll also upload the menus from Nachi

Your photos from Nachi were great -- glad you enjoyed your day there! :) Looking forward to our first visit in November...nice to see a positive recent review, and can't wait to hear about your adventures there...especially snorkeling! Really hoping to do the excursion, but have seen mixed feedback. :confused:

Ok, I've been a bit remiss in my commentary, so I'll catch up with questions, some thoughts, and a few more photos before I sign off my lighting fast 4G and pick up the ship WiFi in the morning...

Cozumel-Nachi Cocum info...

- we took two taxi vans for our party of 12, each van seats 6 and it was $34 each way.

- Both my daughters did the parasailing excursion. It was around $68 PP for a tandem ride. They both really enjoyed it.

- My youngest did the snorkeling as well, and that was $36 or 38PP. The took a short boat ride from the pier, and visited two separate reefs. They recommended doing this early, before there is too much boat activity which causes the little rascals to scatter. They said the water was clear, and they saw quite a bit (of what, I cannot say, as I am not a "fish" person). A few in their group got stung by some small jellyfish 😳

- our waiter called for our taxi back to the port area where we picked up some of the famous Los Cinco Soles vanilla. Definitely a must do for you bakers out there.

Cabin Noise.....

- we are not hearing any noise from the theatre. The location is quiet and right near the forward elevators. However, if the seas get a bit rough (as we had at times) the amount of creaking and rattling is unbelievable. Add to the mix we have a connecting door to DBIL's cabin which also makes noise....I managed to shove some cruise compasses around the door frame, and Voila! Problem half solved. I'm not certain that the creaking and rattling would be avoided in any location....my sister in laws cabin was mid ship on deck 8, so she had that and the centrum noise to deal with. 😂 I'm getting a fair amount of exercise which is not all bad considering the meal I consumed today

I think the views are nicer from these cabins, and you don't have the view of the lifeboats below as is seen in the photo aft...but I guess it's all a matter a preference

ED172E28-7C31-454D-9AEB-088A5162BE51_zpsuddu3wzn.jpg

Looking forward...

26B9DB14-CAB0-48A6-B9D5-91B24A83CC69_zpshaoyapx6.jpg

Ok, I've been a bit remiss in my commentary, so I'll catch up with questions, some thoughts, and a few more photos before I sign off my lighting fast 4G and pick up the ship WiFi in the morning...

Cozumel-Nachi Cocum info...

- we took two taxi vans for our party of 12, each van seats 6 and it was $34 each way.

- Both my daughters did the parasailing excursion. It was around $68 PP for a tandem ride. They both really enjoyed it.

- My youngest did the snorkeling as well, and that was $36 or 38PP. The took a short boat ride from the pier, and visited two separate reefs. They recommended doing this early, before there is too much boat activity which causes the little rascals to scatter. They said the water was clear, and they saw quite a bit (of what, I cannot say, as I am not a "fish" person). A few in their group got stung by some small jellyfish 😳

- our waiter called for our taxi back to the port area where we picked up some of the famous Los Cinco Soles vanilla. Definitely a must do for you bakers out there.

You rock!!! Thanks for the info...and I had no idea about the vanilla, so now I am even happier since you shared. Wonderful review with great pics BTW -- enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Thank you so much for your live review.

I'll be on the TA on April 26, and was contemplating a B2B starting on April 22. If I disembark to meet my friend who is coming on the TA only, will I be able to be back in time for the lunch at Chops? I hate to miss a good meal... :)

The lunch at Chops was served at noon 😊

This is really exciting to hear about the free Chops! I had planned on eating there for dinner once on both legs, but now I don't know, 3 times? Doing a great job, thank you for sharing.

There were two other couples who dined with us who were doing A B2B2B. They were on the cruise prior to our first leg, and also had a Chops luncheon the day we boarded. The said this menu was better than the one they were offered (strip steak instead of a filet) but that still beats Andrew's sub sandwich! 😂

Going to start this mornings post with some ship photos, starting with deck 13...

Concierge and Diamond lounges...

EBFAD0C3-3407-4D84-BBDD-88B149AA8296_zpsjzjhoxy0.jpg

7501A042-D48A-4AE0-A08E-70D43988E562_zpspncf70jm.jpg

C9BC7E4F-714F-474E-89A3-3D93107BF357_zpsulyzd6uq.jpg

157E790F-2565-46BE-AF73-B2B70507E2A7_zpssmsqwhzy.jpg

Outdoor seating area outside Starquest

2653AC8D-4407-4218-8FF3-221AEEDE8104_zpsvyjaxtl0.jpg

Starquest, AKA Viking Crown...

C653BE08-0091-4482-8EDF-A7E02FE6BCE2_zpscc0g7gaf.jpg

Yes it does. Love to sit at the bar to have a drink, or two:D

I think one of the reasons it's so nice is that it was always a separate bar (Hollywood Odyssey), so they didn't have to do much to make it the CL. Back when Diamonds could use the CL, it was used as the overflow on a Serenade cruise we had years ago.

I think one of the reasons it's so nice is that it was always a separate bar (Hollywood Odyssey), so they didn't have to do much to make it the CL. Back when Diamonds could use the CL, it was used as the overflow on a Serenade cruise we had years ago.

However, it would not surprise me it the CL becomes a suite lounge in the not too far future.

I agree, Bob...I may have to go back and capture some better photos of the area...

Outside the entrance to Starquest...

CE2CD1FE-5C62-4A46-9BB1-E3B993CAD895_zpsdmenhcfr.jpg

Rock climbing wall

FD3A6DDA-E7D8-41E9-A2E3-2FBA2D5D7C16_zpsfq31qfkx.jpg

The pool area yesterday before the the masses joined us 😊

7AE641EA-38B6-43F2-AFCF-4B08FC138FFD_zps8q8grr5r.jpg

30CB7369-8A49-4EC3-8DEF-B5AECF13B79C_zps36gzrtln.jpg

There is an outdoor area aft on deck 12 past the basketball court above the Windjammer outdoor seating area....there are only about 12 chairs here, but it appears to be a spot that not many have discovered yet...we were able to find chairs here at 11 am on a sea day. It's a peaceful spot to watch the wake of you want to get away from it all...

93CE4D23-7D7A-4DAF-BF21-EECD8AE5A70E_zpsww1h6oy7.jpg