Call from Royal

FYI to those who use a TA. I got an upsell call once. The call came from my TA with RC on hold by the TA. The number that showed up was my TA's local number. I used an online TA and always used an 800 to call so I was not familiar with the local number. Fortunately, I answered.

I've never received a call from the upgrade or upsell fairy, but I think it's worth cautioning about possible scam calls.

I would not give out personal information or a credit card number over the phone to somebody who is calling me, versus me calling them (back) at a phone number known to belong to RCI (or any other organization I'm dealing with).

Caller ID information is easily spoofed, so I wouldn't go by what call display on the phone shows. For example, I frequently receive scammy "free vacation" calls on my cell phone, and CLID always shows the same area code and local exchange as my number, perhaps to make me think it's a local call and I should accept it. But nobody I know has the same area code and exchange as me, so they're pretty much guaranteed to be a scammer.

Couldn't have said it better. Talking about spoofing. I screen my calls and one time my caller id name/tele was my own--I was temporarily perplexed & shocked. Called Verizon and they gave me some googlegook and asked them if they could block such action, in the future--answer NO.

Totally off the Upgrade Fairy topic but appropriate to odd looking calls... I call my Iowa family using Skype. Sometimes they won't answer during the "political" season because they don't recognize the number and are sick to death of all the polling and Support So & So calls. I have to text them to let them know it's me. Okay. Back to Upgrade Fairies. I presume, for most people said Fairy lives down the street from the Easter Bunny?

For those with caller ID what does the readout state? Does it say Royal Caribbean or something that allows you to believe it is from Royal? The reason for asking is we do not answer calls when it states unknown or is blank.

I am the OP. Our call last night was from area code 305 and the caller ID said Miami, Fl.

Got a call like that last week just before our cruise on Indy. Came at 5:57 p.m. And it was a 305 number, which I know is Miami. No message, so. Called the number back and was told it was the main switchboard for Royal, and she had no information, and I could call back on Monday (this was the Friday before our cruise , which was leaving on Monday.)

I then called the Crown and Anchor number, explained about the call, and the representative looked at my booking and read some notes inserted into the booking. No upgrade, just royal calling to wish us a nice cruise and congratulating us on our anniversary, which we were celebrating on the cruise.

No upgrade, but was not expecting one, we are Piñnacle and haven't seen an upgrade in years[emoji2]

Our upgrade on Serenade last week came with no call, no email, nada.....but I still welcomed

her nice surprise gift! :D

I normally get an upgrade email and/or an email asking if we would like an

upgrade! They are pretty good about notification.

I normally get an upgrade email and/or an email asking if we would like an

upgrade! They are pretty good about notification.

Hmmm...maybe they just ignore those of us in Florida, or since I have "automatic upgrade" on my profile, they just do it automatically without consulting me? Either way...I was happy with the nice surprise! ;)

Good points however, if they quote the cruise booking reference I think that would be proof enough.:D

Wait...with all the historical issues related to the Royal Caribbean web site you trust that they have it secure enough that some 5th grader couldn't hack in and get information?

Ok...good luck with that.

:D

Wait...with all the historical issues related to the Royal Caribbean web site you trust that they have it secure enough that some 5th grader couldn't hack in and get information?

Ok...good luck with that.

:D

Obviously I would never have to worry about these calls as they do not make them here in Australia.:rolleyes: