C & A exclusive membership news! New Sailings for 2017!

slyster

I just spoke to CAS at length about Alaska and pre-booking. The woman I spoke to said they are unaware of any emails that went out regarding 24 advance booking for CAS members. There have apparently been several calls on this and she's asked around and up the chain.

If you have one of these emails, they would like to see it. Can you please call CAS? They will give you an email address to forward it to.

unfortunately, I'm at work and can't call back again, at least not for a while. Would you be able to provide the email address here? I could forward it if someone else has the email address. If not, I'm sure someone else can :-)

unfortunately, I'm at work and can't call back again, at least not for a while. Would you be able to provide the email address here? I could forward it if someone else has the email address. If not, I'm sure someone else can :-)

She specifically asked me not to post the email address but she did give it to me. I was also hesitant to post my own email address, but I have an old one that is still good that I will post and if you don't mind forwarding it to me, I'll send it to her attention. That is probably easiest anyway. You can send it to me at in.the.bleachers at me dot com. Thank you!

This email was sent to the membership on February 19 and was titled Exclusive Membership News! If you scrolled down past the first graphic, in bold were the words "As an exclusive benefit for being a Crown & Anchor Society member you will get an advance 24-hour booking window for newly released itineraries." I just forwarded the email to lattelady.

Edited by travelgoddess1

I just spoke to CAS at length about Alaska and pre-booking. The woman I spoke to said they are unaware of any emails that went out regarding 24 advance booking for CAS members. There have apparently been several calls on this and she's asked around and up the chain.

If you have one of these emails, they would like to see it. Can you please call CAS? They will give you an email address to forward it to.

It was not a special email. The info was included in the Royal Insider which is a newsletter put out by RCI Marketing and usually comes out monthly. On the front it says...........

As an exclusive benefit for being a Crown & Anchor® Society member, you'll get an advance 24-hour booking window for newly released itineraries.

Our new 2017-2018 season of worldwide vacations will be ready to reserve soon. Discover adventure in any corner of the globe with the Cruise Line voted

Best Overall by Travel Weekly readers for 13 years running.

Edited by cruisenfever

It was not a special email. The info was included in the Royal Insider which is a newsletter put out by RCI Marketing and usually comes out monthly ...

Apparently, the Crown & Anchor Society has the same problem as I do in receiving the Insider email.:p

She specifically asked me not to post the email address but she did give it to me. I was also hesitant to post my own email address, but I have an old one that is still good that I will post and if you don't mind forwarding it to me, I'll send it to her attention. That is probably easiest anyway. You can send it to me at in.the.bleachers at me dot com. Thank you!

Thank you! I have sent it on to CAS.

Apparently, the Crown & Anchor Society has the same problem as I do in receiving the Insider email.:p

I asked if they were aware of this issue (you know, Bob not getting emails ;) ) and she said they were painfully aware of it. She checked my account and found saw they had my husband's email address listed somewhere so I am suspecting that he may be getting the emails that I am not though my email is supposed to be the primary.

I just got off the phone with CAS. I can tell you that I have a completely different interpretation of what an "advance 24-hour booking window" means than CAS does.

CAS: The Alaska itineraries become available for booking on 2.25. We won't advertise them to the general public on that date, but we can't stop anyone in the general public from happening upon them. There will be no booking before 2.25.

Me: The Alaska itineraries become available for booking on 2.25 as has been advertised on the RCI website. As such, the 24-hour booking window should be on 2.24.

I lost.

I just got off the phone with CAS. I can tell you that I have a completely different interpretation of what an "advance 24-hour booking window" means than CAS does.

CAS: The Alaska itineraries become available for booking on 2.25. We won't advertise them to the general public on that date, but we can't stop anyone in the general public from happening upon them. There will be no booking before 2.25.

Me: The Alaska itineraries become available for booking on 2.25 as has been advertised on the RCI website. As such, the 24-hour booking window should be on 2.24.

I lost.

ha! that's what I interpreted it as. But maybe the link in the email is only for C&A members? I am not sure?

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/destinations/home.do?allowMobile=y&ecid=em_6976678&rid=570843765&emsc=RCIN_EM_CAS_NEWSFEB19_16_EA_US_CS&empf=&emct=DIAMOND&lnkid=CTA_BUTTON_MAIN

That's the link from the email. It does say Feb. 25th but like you I thought since it was on the site and advertised, Feb. 24th would be the date for C and A members to call in LOL

I lost.

Easier on them I guess

I lost.

It is so misleading as to almost be deliberate. I can't believe anyone would allow that email, which I received, to be sent out with that verbage, and then reneg on it when challenged. Very unethical, IMO, and it will color how I book cruises in the future. To me, it couldn't be more clearly stated that we would have a 24-hour booking window not available to the general public. How can that be misinterpreted? (Rhetorical question, no need to respond.)

WOW :eek:

Edited by travelgoddess1

I got the impression that it was a marketing thing (that CAS was unaware of) and they may not even have the capability to book anything today (not sure on that though). Anyway, definitely seems like one of those things in a company that marketing/sales promises and then the production people are left trying to figure out how to make it happen. Or not happen in this case.

In the end, it probably doesn't matter much since any competition for particular cabins is most likely among C&A folks anyway!

*I* just spoke to a D+ desk C&A person who had just gotten clarification herself, and she said, "Tomorrow for C&A, Friday for general public."

So...............................

Thanks, that's good to know, so I don't have to keep logging in today to check to see if they're open yet!!

If you look on the website flyer it now reads "Alaska open for booking Feb 26th", which would now make the Feb 25th - 24 hour ahead of general public a good date. Wonder how that happened because it did say Feb 25th yesterday.

:D - so everyone call tomorrow. ;)

If you look on the website flyer it now reads "Alaska open for booking Feb 26th", which would now make the Feb 25th - 24 hour ahead of general public a good date. Wonder how that happened because it did say Feb 25th yesterday.

:D - so everyone call tomorrow. ;)

ahhhhh even earlier today it said Feb. 25th! Well they must have gotten some calls. Thanks for sharing that.

The waiting is finally over. Alaska priced and we were able to get it tonight and with the 30% sale still going. Thanks to CC for the heads up. My TA was getting up early to book it but now he doesn't have to and we got a better rate.

It's all good.:)

You can still transfer the booking to the TA if the TA has some other perk they might offer. You have 60 days to transfer.