Millennium dry dock this year?

gmevld

Airportlimbo - I'm on the same Alaska cruise as you on May 27th. I'm LOVING these photos so thank you very much for posting them. :)

Are you able to get an actual aft shot? Sounds like no but if you can I'd love that. I've got cabin 1138 which is the second one in from the new stairs on deck 11.

I hope I get to meet you onboard! 25 days till we fly to Vancouver!

I'll see what I can do. Here's a crop of one of the shots, it might help you a little. I don't see any new stairs build yet.

_MG_9387-1.jpg

al - thank you for the photos! Very good, to be sure. I think you need to get a kayak to get up closer and possibly board to take more!!! :D

Thank you again....

bon voyage

haha I'm not very keen of kayaks to begin with, and I doubt they'll let me sail on up to her. Glad to hear people are enjoying the photos.

You'll have to survive on my telephoto lens for now.

Edited by Airportlimbo

These are awesome to see. Of course, I get nervous since I know her next cruise leaves on May 12th and it looks like a TON of work still needs to be done! :eek:

You and me both! But it hasn't been a week yet, so hopefully they are making more progress than it appears on the outside.

See you onboard!

I'll see what I can do. Here's a crop of one of the shots, it might help you a little. I don't see any new stairs build yet.

_MG_9387-1.jpg

This is a port side shot - correct? It does give me some idea but we are actually on the starboard side. In the balcony that is angled larger as you can see in this shot over the bar area. Do they put the new stairs leading to the movie area on both sides of the back of deck 11?

I can't wait to meet you! Are you coming to our sail away party (deck 12) or the meet and greet? How will I recognize you? I guess I'll just ask every man with a camera if he is Airportlimbo - lol. :rolleyes:

Edited by Jane2357

This is a port side shot - correct? It does give me some idea but we are actually on the starboard side. In the balcony that is angled larger as you can see in this shot over the bar area. Do they put the new stairs leading to the movie area on both sides of the back of deck 11?

I can't wait to meet you! Are you coming to our sail away party (deck 12) or the meet and greet? How will I recognize you? I guess I'll just ask every man with a camera if he is Airportlimbo - lol. :rolleyes:

Correct, this is the port side. I will try to get a photo to capture the aft for you.

I don't know if stairs go on both sides. Maybe someone else can answer that.

I plan to come to the sail away party as well as the meet and greet. You'll find me with my gold beads with a small beer mug attached. (showing my love of craft beer and everything tacky). I will also most likely have a big camera.

See you soon!

Believe it or not, I would really like to be boarding again too! We might even pop down to see her sail. Have a great cruise.

I believe it!! Come see her sail away! :)

Correct, this is the port side. I will try to get a photo to capture the aft for you.

I don't know if stairs go on both sides. Maybe someone else can answer that.

I plan to come to the sail away party as well as the meet and greet. You'll find me with my gold beads with a small beer mug attached. (showing my love of craft beer and everything tacky). I will also most likely have a big camera.

See you soon!

Tacky? Wait'll you see the shirt I have on. I'll probably be so bright you'll need shades! :D

Here's a short video of the massive crane moving

Thanks a million for your ''on site'' detective work.

As Radiance of the Seas is also in the yard, have you been able to ''detect'' when Millie will be done with drydock area work , so she can be moved to

wetdock and complete the ''above the water line'' work ? ...and allow Radiance to get her ''under the water'' work in the drydock ?

Thanks again

Thanks a million for your ''on site'' detective work.

As Radiance of the Seas is also in the yard, have you been able to ''detect'' when Millie will be done with drydock area work , so she can be moved to

wetdock and complete the ''above the water line'' work ? ...and allow Radiance to get her ''under the water'' work in the drydock ?

Thanks again

I believe she is supposed to be leaving dry dock on May 11th to head to Vancouver for a May 12th cruise. So 7 more days to go for her.

Radiance is still in Portland as far as I know. I believe the Millennium will be in dry dock till sometime Sunday/Monday.

DUH....here we were, this past winter, wondering how Esquimalt yard would handle two ships on overlapping time windows....we even checked with the yard and were assured the use of wetdocking facilities would make that possible.....Of course, logic prevails !!! Radiance is at Vigor Yard in Portland.

Thanks for setting me straight !

;):D

Thanks for your patience. The camera is back from its cleaning so here are what I was able to observe this time around. This will probably be the last excursion to the dry dock unless I have an abundance of free time on the weekend.

I did take a few pictures, so i'll break it up into a few posts

The aft is very obstructed so I wasn't able to get much, but here's what I was able to get

Deck 9 Aft cabins getting some attention

_MG_9439-1.jpg

Here's the best I could do of the new staircase

_MG_9445-2.jpg

The back of the new area coming together

_MG_9455-3.jpg

The new screen fully installed

_MG_9462-5.jpg

I'm really sorry if this is your stateroom. Also you can see the paint is two different colours

_MG_9459-4.jpg

The suites getting some attention on deck 6

_MG_9468-6.jpg

Here's post #2 with a few more updates

A local "trash panda" keeping eye over the dry dock. Sorry the osprey were out tonight.

_MG_9481-7.jpg

Not much change on the solarium

_MG_9487-8.jpg

Staff hanging out at the pool bar with either a lot of soy sauce or varnish

_MG_9492-9.jpg

New furniture..maybe for the new screen area?

_MG_9495-10.jpg

Repairs/New lights on the pool deck?

_MG_9498-11.jpg

Some balcony work going on, also next door is what I image happens if you annoy your room steward and they disable your balcony.

_MG_9500-12.jpg

Here's post #3!

I think these are being built for the screen area?

_MG_9505-13.jpg

Freshly sanded balconies for everyone?

_MG_9510-14.jpg

Some work going on at Michael's Club. Also I can see a fellow in a RC jumpsuit inside, looks like it's maybe a make shift office?

_MG_9513-15.jpg

This is looking into the bow work area, some staining going on

_MG_9523-16.jpg

Thanks for staying with me so far! Here's the last few

More staining going on

_MG_9524-17.jpg

Still some painting to finish

_MG_9528-18.jpg

Bonus shot of the Crown Princess because she was in town at sunset

_MG_9574-19.jpg

Double Bonus shot of the Celebrity Solstice between Victoria and Port Angeles at dusk with the Olympic mountains in the background

_MG_9603-1-2.jpg

Thanks again

Awesome. LOVE seeing those pictures! Hard to believe they're supposed to be finished and moving the ship on May 11th though! I am very glad I'm on the 3rd cruise post-dry dock!

Good to see the pics of the rooftop terrace. It appears they have added the wind break walls for the lounges as this was NOT done when Infinity was in drydock last October, so the first week of our Infinity cruise through the Panama Canal last month we were not able to access the Rooftop the first week because they were re-working the original configuration. Understand that there wasn't an appreciation for how much the wind would blow the lounge chairs and tables around so they welded those wind-break walls which worked well and it appears the same design I see in the pictures of Millennium posted here. I'll be on Milli next August so will get to compare with the Infinity config.