Millennium dry dock this year?

gmevld

I hope everyone is OK with some more bonus pictures?

She moored at Ogden point, so I went for a walk tonight.

They backed in so these will mostly be Aft pictures.

The TV works!

_MG_9612-1.jpg

New paint job

_MG_9616-2.jpg

I had requests for more pictures of the staterooms and the stairs.

_MG_9619-3.jpg

Main dining room

_MG_9621-4.jpg

More staterooms and stairs that lead up top

_MG_9628-6.jpg

Sunset with the Millie

_MG_9650-7.jpg

Thank you so much for these aft photos!!!! May 27th I'll be in cabin #1138 - the second cabin in from the stairs. Our balcony is angled at the railing but the stairs were already there - the difference is now they go up past our deck.

We booked that cabin for the awesome aft views in Alaska and none of this changes my mind that we made a great decision. Could there be even less privacy - yes but it already wasn't very private with the bar below and the stairs. So I guess we'll have to behave ourselves ;)

I've heard you can not hear any noise while in your cabin from the movie area but there is some noise on the balcony - which already noise from the bar.

I'm thinking that we will LOVE this cabin but I will reserve judgement as to if I would book any of those deck 11, aft cabins for a warm weather cruise.

Besides a cruise review - I will be commenting on the deck 11 cabins and the rooftop terrace separately.

Edited by Jane2357

I put this on the other thread about the Millennium but it should be noted that when they did the Summit, they switched the dining room. Select dining now takes up the bottom floor and traditional is upstairs. Expect that the same has been done on the Millennium.

• 2 weeks later...

My thanks too for the pics. My wife Kelli and I sail on Millie the end of August. Any tips you glean from your sailing would be greatly appreciated. This is our first time on Celebrity. Specialty restaurants are of interest to us and any pics like these last ones would greatly enhance our understanding of the ship's layout. We are booked in stateroom 9160 so the noise from 10 would be of interest to us. Anyone who uses the spa who wants to share their experience would be greatly appreciated. Hope you all have a great sailing and a fun time. Kelli and I are so pumped about our upcoming trip.

Regards fro Hotlanta

Kelli and Tom

Good Morning Fellow Millie Cruisers,

The following was posted by one of our CC Roll Call members. I don't know where they found it. Thought it might be helpful for those of you sailing before we do in August. This is compliments of Earl and Kathy.

Review of Millennium May 12 Alaska Northbound

We recently completed an 8-night Northbound Alaska cruise from Vancouver to Seward on the Millennium. It departed on May 12, the first cruise after the ship left dry dock. Overall, we were very happy with this cruise.

We woke up in our hotel in Vancouver the morning of the 12th and were watching the local news. Before cutting to a commercial, the camera showed the harbour with Millie sailing in. What a great way to start the day!

After breakfast we went for a walk to Canada Place to take a look at the ship. Upon arriving at the port we immediately noticed that the outside of the ship had a fresh coat of paint and looked great. I hadn’t been on Millie in six years, so was anxious to see how she looked inside and out.

We arrived at the port at 10:30. We breezed through customs. There were no other ships in port. They called those with disabilities to begin boarding at around 10:55, and suites right around 11:00. We were on the ship by 11:10. The announcement that cabins were ready came early. I can’t recall the exact time, but I believe it was a little before 12:30.

Our impression from walking around the ship was that everything was in pretty good shape cosmetically. We didn’t see anything that was in obvious disrepair. There was some new carpeting and fresh paint here and there. I can’t see any reason why anyone would have cause to complain about the state of the ship.

We stayed in Sky Suite 6132. I’d read conflicting reports about this stateroom. Although it has an extra-large balcony, some people didn’t like it because a lot of it is exposed to the wind. On cooler days, we just sat close to the glass doors and were shielded from the wind. While in port, and even on the nicer days while sailing, we were fine on all areas of the balcony. We really enjoyed the extra space.

The stateroom itself is looking a little tired, but it certainly isn’t in bad shape. The carpet and curtains were clean and so was the bathroom. It’s probably time for new beds and furnishings. However, I knew beforehand that Sky Suites were not scheduled to be updated in this dry dock, so the room itself was as I expected and I wasn’t disappointed. I wouldn’t hesitate to book this stateroom again. The location itself was really convenient for stairs and elevators but it wasn’t noisy.

Our butler, Peter, was great. Our stateroom attendant, Aristotle, was outstanding. They couldn’t have been any better.

Unfortunately, I can’t comment on the MDR as we didn’t eat there at all. However, we did find out that select dining is now on deck 4 and the early and late-seating regular dining has been moved to deck 5.

All suites were offered one free specialty restaurant meal. This used to be an automatic perk for suites but was withdrawn a few months back. I’m guessing it was offered on this sailing to promote the new Tuscan Grille that replaced the Olympic during the recent dry dock. We had already purchased a specialty dining package of three dinners, so we ended up with four. We ate in Qsine once and Tuscan Grille three times.

We dined at Qsine with another couple. Most of the food was pretty good, but there were a couple of dishes that were just so-so. The service was excellent. Our Tuscan Grille meals were great all three times. I’ve seen so many complaints about Tuscan Grille and don’t understand why. However, we’ve only tried it on Millie and the Eclipse. Perhaps it’s not so good on some other ships. The first two nights we were at Tuscan Grille, it was not even half full. The last night of the cruise it was much fuller. The service we received was really outstanding (Victor was our waiter all three times). They are trying very hard to please and it showed.

The other four nights we split dinners between Luminae and Blu. Food at both was very good, with the exception of one meal at Luminae. My husband ordered a strip loin steak that he couldn’t even cut, let alone chew. He told the waiter to take it away as it was inedible. The waiter made no comment and simply took it away. He didn’t offer an alternative meal or make any apology. Although I enjoyed my meals at Luminae, I wished there had been a little more selection. I know we could’ve ordered from the MDR menu, but I feel bad asking them to do that.

We did not try the new Sushi on 5 which was added at the recent dry dock, replacing Bistro on 5. Every time we went by, it was empty or almost empty. Although I love sushi, I thought the prices were way too high.

The Ocean View buffet offerings were somewhat lackluster at lunch and dinner. Most of it did not appeal to me. There is no longer sushi available. The scrambled eggs at breakfast were disgusting… floating in liquid. Other than that, their breakfast items seemed OK. We preferred Blu for breakfast.

We had premium drink packages, and had great service at all the bars. We find all that it takes is to tip decently. Although tips are included in the package, a little extra goes a long way.

The only evening entertainment we attended was the comedians. They were pretty good and worth seeing. The onboard naturalist, Milos, is very, very good. His talks were excellent. There was a woman giving talks on various ports and she was about as interesting as watching paint dry.

We normally do excursions privately, but we had received a lot of OBCs so we booked a couple of excursions through X. They were very disorganized. On the first one in Icy Strait Point, the pre-tour meeting time was set too late. Due to the length of the walk from the ship to the tour departure point, several elderly folks did not make it in time. We told the tour operator that there were several elderly people on their way. They didn’t care and the tour left without them. For our Skagway tour, we were very late in departing as X took a very long time to get everything organized.

The new internet service, Xcelerate, was anything but accelerated for us. The only way we could use it was in the iLounge. We rarely picked up the wifi in our stateroom. When we did, it was excruciatingly slow. It was down altogether for a couple of days. I saw a comment from someone on the cruise after ours who said the service was OK, so perhaps they fixed something in the interim.

In summary, we had a great cruise. There were a few small things that were disappointing but they didn’t really impact our enjoyment. It had been three years since we’d been on a cruise with X. I’d read some really negative reviews on the ship itself and a lot of comments about the decline in the whole X experience, so went into it a little apprehensively. The ship was great, and I can’t say I noticed any decline in service whatsoever. I’m happy to say there was no reason for concern. I hope that this is helpful to anyone considering an itinerary on Millie.

Everyone my DH and I encountered was so polite and ready to assist us in any way at all. We were on the May 20 sailing; my only negative was the set up of the OVC. It is so much easier on the S class ships! That being said, the crew members were fantastic!:)

Everyone my DH and I encountered was so polite and ready to assist us in any way at all. We were on the May 20 sailing; my only negative was the set up of the OVC. It is so much easier on the S class ships! That being said, the crew members were fantastic!:)

For this novice cruiser, what does OVC stand for? Not up on all the cruise acronyms.

Thanks

It's strange, but our DSs (16 & 13) have always preferred the M class Oceanview setup to the S class. One likes the panini/sandwich bar at the back and the other likes the fish bar :D. I know they are in the minority ;).