On the Anthem of the Seas right now. Any questions?

lazeyey

what's "creepy pms"? I don't know what pms has to do with CC.

Hope your daughter is feeling better soon. I hate to see little kids sick.

I got a couple of private messages from people who were jerks. It has to do with CC because I got them on here.

Hope your family is feeling better soon! I've been ill on cruise ships several times and I know its not fun!

I do have an odd and probably way out of the way, far fetched question. We are looking at booking a cruise aboard the Anthem, and I have my eyes on a specific stateroom, 3250. On the Royal site, it shows NO connecting door, but on pretty much every other travel website it does show a connecting door. I wonder if there's some way to find out since you're onboard the ship. I wouldn't expect you to go knock on their door (although maybe you can call the guests in that cabin, haha! ;)), but maybe there's someone in the stateroom staff or guest services who has a definitive answer.

I'm calling Royal today to see if they can provide a bit more info, but I figured I have little to loose by asking for a bit of help from someone who is currently on the ship.

Once again, hope everyone starts feeling better! :)

I'm in isolation right now but as soon as I see my stateroom attendant I will ask him if he can find out for me. If not, maybe tomorrow, I can go there and ask a stateroom attendant on that floor for you.

Just to update. I went to medical today and they have isolated me to my room after spending all day with really bad diarrhea and vomiting. I got a call from guest services to say that the mini bar (not including alcohol) and the movies on the TV are free while I'm in isolation, so that is good. I slept all day and now that I have a bit of energy but can't leave my stateroom, it's good to know that Royal Caribbean is being accommodating.

I got a couple of private messages from people who were jerks. It has to do with CC because I got them on here.

You can not private message anyone on Cruise Critic as that function does not work.

I would highly suggest that you contact the Community Manager at community@cruisecritic.com

I do hope that you start to feel better along with your husband and baby.

Edited by cruisenfever

When I was on the Grandeur a couple of weeks ago I was using one of the public washrooms when I heard someone leave a stall and exit without washing his hands. It only talks one idiot like that to cause a Noro outbreak. The crew can clean and clean but it only takes a touch from someone with soiled hands to reinfect a surface or utensil.

To the OP, I hope you and your family get better soon.

When I was on the Grandeur a couple of weeks ago I was using one of the public washrooms when I heard someone leave a stall and exit without washing his hands. It only talks one idiot like that to cause a Noro outbreak. The crew can clean and clean but it only takes a touch from someone with soiled hands to reinfect a surface or utensil.

To the OP, I hope you and your family get better soon.

I see that happen at work, shopping centers, church, etc. It's hardly a "ship" disease. It's just reporting requirements that make people think so.

Hi all. Omg, I was looking forward to answering everyone's questions, then my whole family came down with Noro. My husband has it the worst followed by my 18 month old. I just started coming down with symptoms as of 10 pm last night. The baby has had a high fever since this morning and it scares the hell out of me because she has a history of febrile seizures. Medical was great today until the night shift came on, now it seems like all they care about is the norovirus and not my baby who is at high risk of a seizure. The last time she has a seizure, 5 months ago, she stopped breathing and turned blue. So I'm terrified of the possibilities and have heen worried sick.

This cruise has been my first cruise where I came to CC to share information with you guys and what do I get? Jerks calling me names in pms and in posts, and Internet strangers in general who think all I'm doing is complaining when they aren't even on this cursed ship. They aren't the ones dealing with the rudeass staff on the ship, and they aren't the ones who had their cruise cut short. I don't blame the staff for being *******s on this cruise, I mean they're understaffed. Every time i was in medical, the waiting room was PACKED with sick crew members. Wow, no wonder why we are going home. I don't believe for one second it's because of a storm.

Anyway, I've already taken some notes and have some answers so after some sleep I will answer questions to the best of my ability. And when I get home, I will finish this thread by turning it into a review. But if I keep getting creepy pms, I'll never come back here.

Oh my gosh. That's horrible. My thoughts are with you and your little girl. My daughter had one when she was younger and it's terrifying. Hope you all feel better real soon.

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

No PM here. It's one thing that they have turned off. As others have said, if you got PM's they came from other sites, not CC.

Sorry you are all sick. Others have posted they haven't had any issues so if anyone is questioning what you're saying, it's because there is always more than one side to a story and everyone's experience is different. It doesn't make yours less true or theirs more true, but it does show not everyone is having the same cruise.

Edited by BND

Hi all. Omg, I was looking forward to answering everyone's questions, then my whole family came down with Noro. My husband has it the worst followed by my 18 month old. I just started coming down with symptoms as of 10 pm last night. The baby has had a high fever since this morning and it scares the hell out of me because she has a history of febrile seizures. Medical was great today until the night shift came on, now it seems like all they care about is the norovirus and not my baby who is at high risk of a seizure. The last time she has a seizure, 5 months ago, she stopped breathing and turned blue. So I'm terrified of the possibilities and have heen worried sick.

This cruise has been my first cruise where I came to CC to share information with you guys and what do I get? Jerks calling me names in pms and in posts, and Internet strangers in general who think all I'm doing is complaining when they aren't even on this cursed ship. They aren't the ones dealing with the rudeass staff on the ship, and they aren't the ones who had their cruise cut short. I don't blame the staff for being *******s on this cruise, I mean they're understaffed. Every time i was in medical, the waiting room was PACKED with sick crew members. Wow, no wonder why we are going home. I don't believe for one second it's because of a storm.

Anyway, I've already taken some notes and have some answers so after some sleep I will answer questions to the best of my ability. And when I get home, I will finish this thread by turning it into a review. But if I keep getting creepy pms, I'll never come back here.

The information that you shared is startling..... And I hope you do not get dismayed by the RC "Loyalist" who are always in denial. (Shall not say anything negative about Royal Caribbean) The Loyalists feed into the lack of transparency that Royal Caribbean Public Relations dishes out as news statements. The local press is covering your dilemma and I would voice my story to them when you disembark in Hoboken. They will certainly be asking for statements from passengers. Just a thought.

Good luck with a speedy recovery and God Bless!

I'm in isolation right now but as soon as I see my stateroom attendant I will ask him if he can find out for me. If not, maybe tomorrow, I can go there and ask a stateroom attendant on that floor for you.

Thank you! Hope you're doing much better and that the worst of it is now behind!! [emoji855]

Edited by Tapi

Thank you! Hope you're doing much better and that the worst of it is now behind!! [emoji855]

I had noro on one of our 24 cruises and vowed I would do everything I could to avoid EVER getting this horrible disease again.

I truly commiserate with the OP and wish them well.

The comment by Tapi made me pause because I remembered that the

WORST problem WAS MY BEHIND!!.......I was "fortunate" only because I did not have the vomiting part.

If you have or can get any Pepto Bismol.....get it, use it and take it often. It works the best for this particular problem and I always carry tablets after my first and last encounter with this plague.

Edited by OBX-Cruisers

You can not private message anyone on Cruise Critic as that function does not work.

I would highly suggest that you contact the Community Manager at community@cruisecritic.com

I do hope that you start to feel better along with your husband and baby.

Ah, then it must have been somewhere else and I got confused. Oops, sorry for accusing you guys. I feel like an idiot now LOL. Once again, i'm sorry.

I had noro on one of our 24 cruises and vowed I would do everything I could to avoid EVER getting this horrible disease again.

I truly commiserate with the OP and wish them well.

The comment by Tapi made me pause because I remembered that the

WORST problem WAS MY BEHIND!!.......I was "fortunate" only because I did not have the vomiting part.

If you have or can get any Pepto Bismol.....get it, use it and take it often. It works the best for this particular problem and I always carry tablets after my first and last encounter with this plague.

This is honestly the worst virus I have ever had in my life. Thankfully it's short and I am feeling better. Medical gave me all sorts of medicine that has kicked in so I feel great now, just weak and tired.

I washed my hands like crazy on this shop and still got it. It makes me a bit mad when I still see people (as of yesterday) not washing their hands when entering the Windjammer. You should see how clean they are making this ship, I've never seen people wash walls this much.

The information that you shared is startling..... And I hope you do not get dismayed by the RC "Loyalist" who are always in denial. (Shall not say anything negative about Royal Caribbean) The Loyalists feed into the lack of transparency that Royal Caribbean Public Relations dishes out as news statements. The local press is covering your dilemma and I would voice my story to them when you disembark in Hoboken. They will certainly be asking for statements from passengers. Just a thought.

Good luck with a speedy recovery and God Bless!

I didn't think the press would be out there, especially after the comments I've heard online and from guest services. This one guest service agent had the nerve to tell me to stop talking to him and talk to my lawyer because there was no way he was going to be helping someone like me. UGH, I luckily spoke with his manager afterwards, not even knowing it was his manager who solved my problem (with adventure ocean) in 5 minutes. I'm sure he could have done the same as her if he wanted to, but everyone in the LONG line was saying how they hope he doesn't help them because he's rude. He sure was.

I will definitely be talking to the press, I was even thinking of writing CNN, but if the press are going to be there when we get off, you can bet I'm going to be talking to them lol.

Thank you for that information. I had no idea there was such thing as Royal Caribbean "loyal" but I should have assumed because that's the way it is with everything. I just hope a 'loyal' doesn't get their cruise cut short, contract noroovirus and have the worse stateroom attendant in the history of stateroom attendants.

Thanks again for your support.

Hope your family is feeling better soon! I've been ill on cruise ships several times and I know its not fun!

I do have an odd and probably way out of the way, far fetched question. We are looking at booking a cruise aboard the Anthem, and I have my eyes on a specific stateroom, 3250. On the Royal site, it shows NO connecting door, but on pretty much every other travel website it does show a connecting door. I wonder if there's some way to find out since you're onboard the ship. I wouldn't expect you to go knock on their door (although maybe you can call the guests in that cabin, haha! ;)), but maybe there's someone in the stateroom staff or guest services who has a definitive answer.

I'm calling Royal today to see if they can provide a bit more info, but I figured I have little to loose by asking for a bit of help from someone who is currently on the ship.

Once again, hope everyone starts feeling better! :)

Hi! Thank you for your well wishes.

So I asked my now AWESOME stateroom attendant this question for you and he said that he's pretty sure all staterooms on this ship are connected to each other. I will go there tomorrow and see if I can find the owner of the room or an attendant near by I can ask, but my SA seemed like he knew what he was talking about.

Well the good news is that once you start feeling better then it will get even better faster when you start on some easy to digest foods. Hope your daughter is also getting well because that is really scary.

Noro is no laughing matter when you get it because there is not only the discomfort of the diarrhea and/or vomiting, you feel like you are dying..........or at least as limp as a dishrag in my case and absolutely NO desire to eat ANYTHING.

Although you (generically speaking) do everything to wash and sanitize your hands, what happens is that if you touch the edge of the table, a counter, the arms of a chair or a serving utensil touched by someone who did not wash and sanitize after using the restroom.......YOU are then at risk thanks to those careless persons.

Although it is often tempting for me to use my fingers to pick up a french fry or similar "finger foods" like pizza etc..........I had to train myself to NEVER do that on a ship and always use a fork/knife and spoon.

So far, so good for me and I have not had a repeat of the torture you and others on this ship have gone through...........best wishes to you and your family in regaining good health and soon. The crew on this ship have had a REALLY tough month and their disease resistance must be really low after all those long days and hard work.

EVERYONE PLEASE TIP THEM EXTRA AND WELL, they will appreciate your appreciation of their effort.

Lazeyey, Glad you are feeling better. How is your baby doing? Thank you for the insights on the Anthem of the Seas. Please, have a safe voyage home. I too have been sick once on a RCCL ship and isolated... It turned out that I had food poisoning from bad raw oysters. RCCL treated me really well too while isolated. Something that I learned is that although we may wash our hands there are many things that all touch in the ship we call home away from home: elevator buttons, utensils, menus and more.

So I asked my now AWESOME stateroom attendant this question for you and he said that he's pretty sure all staterooms on this ship are connected to each other. I will go there tomorrow and see if I can find the owner of the room or an attendant near by I can ask, but my SA seemed like he knew what he was talking about.

Sorry to say your current cabin attendant may be awesome in that function but he doesn't know that ship very well if he thinks all cabins are connecting cabins. There are not really that many of these and are indicated by the double headed or points arrow between them on the deckplan to show that they have the inside the cabin connecting doorway.

I have RCI's 2015-2016 World Wide Cruise and Cruisetour Vacation Planner book and it shows cabin 3248 and 3250 are connecting cabins to each other as shown by the shot below of that section of deck 3. IMO there is an error on the RCI website deckplan for the quantum class ships as these two cabins don't have the double head arrow between them. I also look at several online TA sites and some show these as connecting and other don't. This may be because RCI current deckplan is not correct.

attachment.php?attachmentid=378495&d=1456801423

The following screen shot from the website below shows that these two cabins are connecting.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Anthem-of-the-Seas.

attachment.php?attachmentid=378496&d=1456801423

One simple way to find out is to call either cabin 3148 or 3250 on the telephone and ask the occupant directly if their cabin has a connecting door and on which side of the cabin it is. Cabin 3248 should be on the back or stern side and 3250 on the forward or bow side. I wouldn't mind answering that if I was in either and got that call.

I know you aren't feeling well so if you don't get the answer this week I will be on Anthem next week and can follow up on this.

I must thank you greatly for all you have done to keep us all informed on what is happening onboard Anthem especially since hopefully we'll be on the 12 night cruise after this weekend's 3 night cruise to no where.

P2291582.jpg.b37f3f831ac6f06dfb95e8a9fd4dd20f.jpg

aaAnthemDeck3aft.jpg.2a91bdb3c5a1127ea223c2a1fce87925.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

You're stateroom attendant may be awesome, but he knows nothing about the ship.

icon_deckplans.gif

The only staterooms that are connected are those that have an arrow between them.

I will be on Anthem next week and can follow up on this..

I will go there tomorrow and see if I can find the owner of the room or an attendant near by I can ask.

To everyone that has put their investigator hats on, thank you! [emoji3]

One simple way to find out is to call either cabin 3248 or 3250 on the telephone and ask the occupant directly if their cabin has a connecting door and on which side of the cabin it is. Cabin 3248 should be on the back or stern side and 3250 on the forward or bow side. I wouldn't mind answering that if I was in either and got that call..

I don't think that I would mind either. Now that I think about it, I'd be glad to answer!

Edited by Tapi

I would love to see pictures of any scrapbooking kits and albums available onboard. You should be able to see them at the photo shop and/or the craft venue if past experience is any indication.

Hi. I am very sorry for the delay. And I'm also sorry to tell you that I haven't seen any scrapbooks, however, I did ask someone and they said that it's located at 270, so I went there to look and found out that they don't have anything like that for now because of the norovirus. Everything has been shutdown to prevent it from spreading. I missed a lot that the ship has to offer, like the bumper cars for example.

Edited by lazeyey

To everyone that has put their investigator hats on, thank you! [emoji3]

I don't think that I would mind either. Now that I think about it, I'd be glad to answer!

That's actually a good idea. I don't want to disturb anyone, though. But I will work up the nerve to make that call lol