Getting Multiple Drinks with Package

SDA1125

Sometimes we like to have a couple of drinks on our balcony. With the drink package I believe you can only get one drink at a time. How can we accomplish that with the drink package. Do we hit up multiple bars ?

Yes. But chances are you will not be served if you walk up to any bar w/ a fresh full drink in hand and attempt to order another.

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin

You can buy silicone beer caps on amazon that you can put on an opened beer to keep it fresh.

http://www.amazon.com/Save-Brands-Savers-Silicone-Multicolor/dp/B00U9ZTAJI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1456160188&sr=8-3&keywords=silicone+beer

We liked to have a few beers in the room so we would order Grolsch in the pub. Those bottles have resealable swing tops so we'd order one whenever we were on the way back to the room and put it in our ice bucket for later.

We lost track of time at the R bar and both had 1/2 full drinks. We joked about shooting them quick so we could get a new one to take to a show and the bartender just made us another one to take. I think once they know you're not sharing a package they are more lax on the rules.

Edited by alora7

Will the bartenders give you an unopened beer so you can take it back to your cabin?

Thanks,

Tim

I've only cruised RCL once on Liberty last April. My wife and I both had the Ultimate package, and on the first day, after we had access to our rooms, we went for a beer run and hit 3 different bars and were able to get 2 unopened beers at each one of them. We placed them in our mini fridge, along with a few bottles of water we picked up. So for the rest of the cruise, we mostly drank from bars, but when getting ready for the evening dinner, we had our own little stash we could pick from without going to a bar.

Mind you, we had the UP and also tipped in cash when we ordered drinks, so those were also the same bartenders we went to see when we wanted to bring a few unopened bottles. We just said we wanted to bring them to our balcony and never had an issue.

dp

Sometimes we like to have a couple of drinks on our balcony. With the drink package I believe you can only get one drink at a time. How can we accomplish that with the drink package. Do we hit up multiple bars ?

while there is no 15 minute limit imposed like Carnival has they DO keep track and you can be denied if you are hitting up bars within a minute or two of each other, plus how do you plan on carrying them back?

Wouldn't the ice be melted in the second drink by the time you finish the first one? Especially if you are sitting outside on your balcony

OR maybe I am just a slow drinker:eek:

Very good, you see the true purpose of the question now.

I've only cruised RCL once on Liberty last April. My wife and I both had the Ultimate package, and on the first day, after we had access to our rooms, we went for a beer run and hit 3 different bars and were able to get 2 unopened beers at each one of them. We placed them in our mini fridge, along with a few bottles of water we picked up. So for the rest of the cruise, we mostly drank from bars, but when getting ready for the evening dinner, we had our own little stash we could pick from without going to a bar.

Mind you, we had the UP and also tipped in cash when we ordered drinks, so those were also the same bartenders we went to see when we wanted to bring a few unopened bottles. We just said we wanted to bring them to our balcony and never had an issue.

dp

Thanks, DP. We'll give that a shot and hope to have similar results. :D

Tim

this has been our experience also. On 3 cruises with the drink package, DW has frequently requested an unopened beer so she can take it back to the cabin. (one for the road she would say)

I like that one for the road :)

To the earlier post about time limit... there actually is a time limit in the bar's point of sale system. Most bartenders just will not ring up the drink because the system will not let them in a short period of time.

As to getting multible drinks, in Janury on BOS I saw a few folks told no. But, mostly as long as the customer was nice there was no problem. It also helps to lay the cash tip on the bar at the same time you ask the question.

The last part, I had two bartenders that I kept going back to. Because I was a "regular" that tipped well, they gave me just about anything I wanted. I had a tequila personal tasting of all the brands onboard in one sitting. They lined up six shots in front of me at the same time (that is how I learned there really is a time limit in the point of sale system).

By the way... I made sure that I made a "profit" drinking each day. I kept track and always drank at least $20 more than the daily cost of the premium package. Did that make me a lush? Not sure, but I will say that I REALLY enjoyed this cruise. :eek: