All Things EARTH... part 2

CCHelp

I've hadn't such a hard time with this forum...hopefully this attempt will post!

Love all your prints Margaret! I really prefer prints...I would pack like that with all print tops, except that I get print bottoms too and so I have to have a mix. I agree with Laurie, thinking your jewelry is so well matched!

Lovely rainbow Melody! Happy anniversary! Such an amazing deal you had on that airfare. One of these days I hope to experience first class...DH did courtesy of his employer for some international flights...so nice. What a treat for you!

Looking forward to all this vicarious vacation!

Laurie, I think that dress is so perfect for you. I want to see it! The deal with knowing the cup sizes is that you often have to order a size smaller than the size guide would indicate. This works out if the fabric or style has a bit of stretch to it, but the back and the arm pit and everything else should fit properly when you order that smaller size so long as there's some give for the chest.

Thank you, all. I think I can honestly say that this is a dress I truly love. There are no funny gaps under the arms, or too big here, while too small there. I just adore this dress and I got it for a great price too.

I'm already thinking about a necklace. [emoji16] I view lace as a print in a way because there is a pattern to it. I can struggle finding the right thing. After Christmas, I will probably go up to the mall and look around. There is no rush and I have the usual things to get done before the holidays.

Melody has posted some beautiful pictures. I will bet she is having a great time. Margaret too!

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Sally, one thing I love about jewelry is making things look a certain why by what I choose. I wear a lot of solid colors, so it allows me to try a lot of different things. When I have a patterned fabric, then I keep the jewelry choices simpler. I think that is one of the only times I wear pendants, but I still try to make them unique.

I didn't really choose a necklace for the teal dress I wore on my last cruise the way I usually do. I think about that a lot now, and I think it's good sometimes to just follow your heart.

With this new dress, I am thinking a few things. One is to find something that picks up the floral pattern of the lace a bit. Another option is a large pendant - maybe a teardrop or round shape, with those faux diamond chips that go around it? But matching the teal color may be hard to do. I also thought of a mixed jewel type necklace. That would be a bold choice.

But before I thought about anything for this dress, I had ordered a very inexpensive necklace that might work with the dress. I'm going to have to see if I can find a link.

I am on a 6 night cruise in April, so there should be two formal nights. The other night I'm wearing either a solid burgundy or a solid red long dress. I have a lot of options for jewelry with those. I will say this though: red shades can be hard to match.

But I can't stop thinking about that dress. I don't think I've ever felt that good about a dress, and I can't wait to wear it.

I'm going to an event this Sunday evening. It's a Christmas concert with some very popular local musicians and vocalists. I attended once before, and the performers wear tuxes and evening gowns. My husband and I are trying to figure out what to wear. I recall that I saw one man wearing a suit and tie, and all other men were dressed in business casual or even jeans. I don't think I saw any dresses, but the weather was cold and snowy. A woman I know that attended wore black pants and a black sweater, with a sparkly silver scarf. She was one of the dressiest people there. The venue itself is an auditorium, a bit old school.

So, what do I wear??? My husband is thinking chinos or casual pants with a button down shirt and a sweater. As much as I think attire should be nicer, I think his choice is a very good one considering. I have no idea what to do. As you may remember a few weeks back, I've been trying to find more casual dresses. It's funny because Chadwicks always has what I was thinking of and now that I wanted to buy one, they don't have what I want. Basically, I was looking for a longer knit dress that I could wear with boots and a scarf. I don't really have anything for cooler weather. I have a few work dresses, but they really won't work well for the evening and the type of event we are going to.

I'm lost. I don't want to wear my work pants, partly because I wear them every day. :rolleyes: Also, if it cold and/or slippery out, I normally wear heels with them so that isn't a great idea.

Bonaire was lovely. We did a snorkel trip with Woodwind. They were fantastic, highly recommend that tour. The flamingos were in hiding but we saw them in Curaçao. Here’s a couple of picturesd573777cdfa5529dd47d1a9104c06ee8.jpg cos Abao Beach in Curaçao. & us at Martini Bar leaving Aruba2b6d16038ff3b73300e861fa8f74918b.jpg. Melody

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Laurie...will your weather be cold and snowy again? We got some lovely snow here with the recent storm and I think it's headed your direction! Performers wearing tuxes and dresses is pretty standard issue and not really an indication of the formality of the event. Tux has always been DS' concert attire.

Do you have a skirt and boot outfit? Cold weather dressier clothes are something that I have been building up a bit over the last bit, but it's still a work in progress. I wouldn't want to wear work clothes either...if I had work clothes. I took Margaret's dress and wore tights and tall boots...do you have a dress that would work like that?

Lovely pictures Melody.

It's snowing here so seeing that is really kind of funny. Mom caught 20 minutes of free wifi in Granada so I got to hear some steel drums through FaceTime...that was fun!