All Things EARTH... part 2

CCHelp

I think I know why. It's because they elongate your body, make you look taller, and give you that long-torso, long-leg look that you admire. With your weight loss and smaller chest it is even more pronounced.

I second...AND...I can tell from the drape of the drape of the snake print dress that the fabric has a nice weight to it. It drapes hangs beautifully...actually HANGING down and not clinging. The cut of the top is such that you can wear just about whatever bra you want and not worry about it showing. It's the kind of dress that people always complement the way you look...and you think to yourself...it's just a dress that I pulled on and it's so comfy!

I think the gathers on the purple dress are Goldilocks. JUST RIGHT. They don't add too much bulk but they help camoflauge what is typically a problem area...if only because of panty lines...which is really nice in a more fitted dress that shows off the best of your figure while being forgiving all at the same time.

I like the tunic look on other people. I have to be very careful with the length...tunics generally make my rear end look even larger than it really is. I generally dislike shirts that end just below my rear end. I prefer hip bone length tops and those don't always qualify as a tunic. That and tunics definitely go into maternity top zone on me...

When we went to Key West, we went to the USCGC Ingham Maritime Museum and toured the ship. It was an easy walk over to it from where the ship docked and it was just the right size. Even pouring over all the info, we didn't spend more than the morning there. We returned to the cruise ship for happy pool side burgers (no extra spending on meals) and then got off again to walk around the little town area. I think we did walk down to the point...which is supposed to be the Southern most point in the continental US? Is that Key West?

Lots of walking, we did.

The next time I find myself in Key West, I think I want to tour Hemingway's house. We were able to see into the yard and see the cats quite well from passing by...and I wasn't sorry that we didn't pay to go see the inside of the house. But I would like to actually walk IN that garden and see the interior.

I think parasailing would be great fun. I would have a hard time committing to something like that in advance though, because that's likely to be a one time thing for me? I need the weather to be perfect for the experience so I plan to include that in a land based vacation where I could pick the right day, if at all possible.

Darn. I had this huge post, and poof! I hit a wrong button somewhere.

I had a good weekend. Yesterday, my husband had to work so I went out in the morning to run errands before the game came on. I decided to dress the way I wanted. By that I mean, sometimes I dress down more than I'd like thinking I won't be comfortable. But I knew too that with what I had to do, it wouldn't be a big deal if I wasn't 100% comfy. I'm glad I did this, as my outfit ended up feeling great.

I wore skinny jeans from Loft. I got them about 4 weeks ago during a flash sale of 60% off clearance. They fit so nice, and I don't have that problem where I have to pull them up all the time. That is a big thing for me.

The sweater is a tunic style one that I wish I had gotten one size smaller, but it's really nice. Then I wore these booties. They are the most comfortable thing ever, and you wouldn't think so to see them. here is a link:

http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_10051_3564098_-1?count=5&cm_mmc=pla-_-Shoes+Boots+Women+s+Shoes+Women+s+Boots+Women+s+Casual+Boots-_-Google-_-Skechers+Bobs+Women+s+High+Notes+Behold+Boots&sku=108492641&gclid=CNvqu536ptACFYtLDQodkxgDGA&kwid=productads-adid%5E154021113724-device%5Ec-plaid%5E250391169678-sku%5E108492641-adType%5EPLA

I took a bad selfie, but I'm going to post it anyway because you can see the sweater color and how I wore my hair. I've been playing with it a bit to try different things.

20161112_150153_zpsldeuz03n.jpg

I felt really good in this outfit overall.

Anita, you are right about the snake print dress. The fabric is heavier and drapes wonderfully. It is a Michael Kors dress that I found on clearance, and got an additional percentage off. I have worn that dress so much already. I love it.

I like tunics, but I have to be careful with them and how they fit. They need to be somewhat close to the body for me. if not, they either tent out over the girls to give me this really big look. It isn't good to see, especially because I'm broad shouldered too.

We spend today cleaning through movies. We had some built ins installed in the family room, and we have these great little drawers for the DVDs. It was time to organize them and put them away. We still have some VCR movies too, so we decided to make a list of them. We plan to hold on to them for now even though we no longer have a working VCR. They are my husband's so I'm going to look to replace them with DVDs for him.

I don't think I will parasail in Key West, but I really want to do that someday. But I want it to be really warm when I do. I am leaning towards to maritime museum and maybe finding a good place for lunch and a drink. I have to check, but I don't think we are there an exceptionally long time.

Love the booties Laurie! Something I'll not be able to wear tho (too much angle).

We're going to put up our Christmas stuff today (outdoors because it's 70!). Les is mumbling about putting up the tree too [emoji849]. He just realized we leave on Thanksgiving night. Now he realizes why I've been nagging him to try on clothes [emoji51]. I usually have bags by the door at this point & I don't even gave them out yet. Boy am I behind the curve (I'm not even sure what I'm taking (other than for the wedding). Melody

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ok, I'm set, I'm doing a palette of turquoise, cream/khaki & black. Everything that's being rolled is rolled into cubes & I've loaded the bathing suits, meds & makeup & shoes. I just have to fold my wedding stuff over the top of the case & I'll be ready to go. Once I decided on the palette it took me 10 minutes. Les came in from outside & said I thought you were packing. I told him I was done. Can I leave yet? Please

Can't wait Sally. Of course it's been beautiful here too. I'm hoping for some cold weather before we leave here! Our daughter just found out she broke her foot, so she's in a cast! Also her new patio home won't be ready till mid January (instead of early December. I think that upset her more than the foot! Our DGD got very upset last night that Santa wouldn't find her! I reminded her that Santa always came to my house & she relaxed. Moving is tough on everyone!

Melody

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by awhfy

Ok, I'm set, I'm doing a palette of turquoise, cream/khaki & black. Everything that's being rolled is rolled into cubes & I've loaded the bathing suits, meds & makeup & shoes. I just have to fold my wedding stuff over the top of the case & I'll be ready to go. Once I decided on the palette it took me 10 minutes. Les came in from outside & said I thought you were packing. I told him I was done. Can I leave yet? Please

Melody, if you changed the black to brown, that would be one of my capsules that I pack for MI all the time. I love how easy it is to pack now.

We went from 62 degrees yesterday afternoon to below freezing with a 30mph wind and snow. We woke up to a winter wonderland, but most of it will be gone by tomorrow.

With dementia patients, you put a routine in place and it works for a bit until things don't work anymore. You know they don't work because things go to hell in a handbasket very quickly. That's been my week. :( I am so thankful for the wonderful staff where my parents are who are helping me out. I just got all our Christmas plans finalized yesterday, and now I'm planning another trip to MI after Thanksgiving.

We had our first sighting of an osprey at the lake -- what a beautiful bird! Things like that just make me feel happier.

I like Clarks shoes for work. I was delinquent in my fall shoe shopping and my feet have been crying for new shoes. I was all ready to spend $120 at zappos, but I found some at TJMaxx for $40. Yippee!

Edited by MJC
typo

Unfortunately, Carol Tuttle's videos aren't captioned so I haven't gotten too far. I've followed along with the visual clues, but I haven't had too much progress just yet. It gets kind of boring when you can't follow along and have to wait for pictures, lol.

Not anyone's fault, just comes along with having a hearing loss!

I tried looking at the stores where she has clothes for the different types, but that didn't help in the least...I had trouble relating?

I'm going to try and focus on what you all say and comment to help me out a bit. I know that I treasure and value traditions, yet I always want new ones. I have fears, but I also try to meet them head on. For example, I'm afraid of heights yet I went to the Grand Canyon, and I've gone zip lining. It was very difficult, but I really wanted to set myself free of that.

I think one thing of interest is the different between wanting to change, and not being able to. For example, I too love to rearrange the furniture. But the shapes of the rooms I have here limit me. But then I work on other ways to make the changes. Then there are things like budgets - it may not matter that I desire change...maybe I have no choice but to keep using what I have? And does the overuse of an elipsis mean anything? (an elipsis is the ... thing)

Excuse my rambling, but I find this all so interesting. I even think about some of the items we have talked about liking and not liking. A few pages back, did you say something about polka dots, Anita? My gosh, I can't stand them, lol. I hate geometric prints, polka dots...quite a few plaids, even. But I don't dislike prints. I like them a lot, but I'm very selective. I find them, I don't know, distracting?

But here is a picture of my family room, now that the built ins are done, the room is repainted, we have the new sectional, etc. It feels so good to me.

The shelves don't look like this at the moment, as the arrangement was bothering me. And the pictures are no hung up.

20161010_215622_zpshcrjduqj.jpg

20161111_090148_zpsldxocdyl.jpg

Does any of this help at all as to the types of energy?

Laurie, here is a Tuttle video with CC for you to try. It is pretty basic and doesn't address clothes, really (which may be a good thing when you see some of those outfits):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHenY4JE-IQ

You might have more luck sifting through the choices on yt because many of them are CC.

I think the first step is to know whether you are introverted or extraverted. Then you can eliminate two types right away and only have to consider the two remaining.

Your room looks beautiful! I want to curl up and read a book on your sofa. :) Our apartment kind of dictates where things should go, so I haven't moved much since we moved in. I think it's really important what you see when you first walk in, so that decided where the sofa is. Also it's cold in the winter and warm in the summer near the windows. And there is only one spot where the light doesn't hit the TV in the wrong way. I could go on and on. I think I value optimization over variety in my home. I don't even move the pictures around.

I have a pair of booties similar to yours but in a different color. I'm hoping to get more! They are comfy like sneakers, but so cute.

Edited by MJC

Margaret, that was very helpful. Thank you.

We have our furnace being cleaned right now so I brought the dogs upstairs. I've taken a moment to watch the video and continue on in the e-book. It seems that type 1 and 3 abound here. What is interesting is that I appear to be mostly type 4 with type 2 next.

I had a very interesting thought often and on over the past few years. Would my personality b different if I could hear normally?

And one thing that definitely comes at me to say that we have a dominant energy profile but not an only energy profile, type 4s like modern/contemporary. Nope.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

I decided to get all the pieces for my wedding outfit ready early. I have to cover my arms, and the black chiffon wrap and black shoes I need to wear do NOT go with the purple dress at all. I forgot that all my sparkly jewelry is in the bank, and I have to quickly paint my toes because my formal shoes are sandals.

:eek::eek::eek:

I hear my uptight MIL's ghost in my ear saying, "You can't wear pearls at night!!"