All Things EARTH... part 2

CCHelp

I haven't even started decorating for the holidays yet. I don't know how much I'm going to be able to even do this year. Yesterday I shopped all day and was able to finish about 80% of my list. I plan a marathon wrapping day on Monday, before I leave for MI on Tuesday. Christmas and Hanukkah overlap this year, so that makes things a bit easier.

My mom has stopped eating, so we have a big confab scheduled for Wednesday with the doctor, the nurses who care for her, and the dietician. She can still talk, but she can't really communicate what her distress is. I've learned there are several different strategies we can try. Challenging situation, to be sure. Wish me luck.

Today I'm cooking a turkey breast and stuffing, since we didn't have a real Thanksgiving meal last week. I bought a pumpkin pie from a local farm store and a really nice bottle of Sancerre. So, we'll be feasting!

I've been doing a little shopping for myself along the way, and I find that adding in the information about energy style makes it easier for me to walk away from things that I like but just won't suit me. I'm also trying to really be practical about new things. We don't do as much dress up socializing as we used to, but all those pretty sparkly things really attract my eye, so I just have to put my foot down and say no.

L&T just opened an outlet store (the first one, I think) in NJ called FIND. They have some truly incredible prices, especially on formal wear. $400 dresses for $60! And equally good prices on work separates. Slim pickings, though, unfortunately, on sizes 12 and up. I told DH it was great motivation to work on my diet. :)

Margaret , So sorry about your Mom !

I am also doing less this year and it feels good after knocking myself out for many years it is nice to just do a quieter holiday .We usually do a large Christmas Eve dinner but Gary's younger son and his girlfriend are hosting it . So I get to dress nice and bring a dish . Yah ! I also shop for myself along with Christmas shopping so far I have bought myself new pj"s, a red top , necklace to go with red top and a coach purse .

Margaret, I hope everything works out with your mom. This is so hard for you with your location, flying back and forth, work, etc.

I'm making progress with my shopping. I got some great deals with the after Thanksgiving sales but I need to finish up.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Margaret, I'm sorry about your mother. Distance is hard, especially when you think they really need you. Mine is only 100 miles away, but I can't check on her on my way home from work and really wish I could when her health changes for the worse.

Laurie, you look Mah-va-lous!!!

My go-to workhorse dress shoe for the past several cruises was a pair of pewter strappy sandals. They went with everything and fit no matter how much my feet swelled, but the heel became too scuffed and I purged them when we came home from our February cruise. Now I need a metallic kitten heel for our upcoming cruise and I'm afraid what I bought for myself Black Friday while shopping for others will not work. The stores are madness now with shoppers and this is NOT my time of year to enjoy shopping. Has anyone noticed a kitten heel metallic strappy sandal anywhere?

I am actually missing snow . It never seems like Christmas in Florida . I do all the Christmas things but I can't quite get in the spirit . I remember driving home from the mall and it was snowing and all the lights to me that is Christmas .Of course if I ever moved north I would Have to get a whole new wardrobe .

The only thing I miss about snow is how quiet everything is when it is all covered in snow... And the crunch sound when you walk on it. But snow is a lot of work...and I don't miss that at all. Especially when lovely snow seems rarer than icky, icy, heavy sloppy snow...

You're right about the wardrobe...I didn't think it would be such a big difference moving to Atlanta from Houston...the whole "Hot"lanta reputation...so not hot compared to Houston. I have had to get a whole new wardrobe just moving here...and it wasn't that far north...

I can live with snow. Well, I have no choice. I just hate the driving in treacherous weather. I find it very beautiful.

Anita, I got the tie at Bon Ton. I got to thinking recently that it would be nice for us to have some coordination when we have more formal events. I am so glad I picked that up. And I really, really like red. I think I can get away with most shades of it, or at least my mind tells me I can because I like it. With this particular dress, I felt like the lining fabric being a nude color helped it a bit.

It took me three different orders to get the size I felt was right. This totally ties in to the fire discussion on personality types. And I got a great deal at JC Penney on that. There was a big sale and it was 39 dollars but then I got an additional 25% or 30% off of that. I tried the dress in forest green but was disappointed when it arrived as it was more an emerald green. It didn't do a thing for me.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Talk about from the sublime to the ridiculous. 82 when we left FL, -2 when we arrived in Denver (in a huge snowstorm, all hotels sold out). We drove home, over 5 hours for a normally 1-1/2 hr trip. Felt like we were in a snow globe but with trucks. Melody

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Margaret, we got some snow over the weekend, and they are calling for more later today.

We are going to the Nutcracker today, all four of us. I'm very excited! I've never been to see the Nutcracker, believe it or not. We are dressing up...not sure about anyone else that goes though.

I'm focusing on the holidays and so forth right now, but mentally, I've done a great deal of planning for my February cruise, since it really isn't that far away. I have a good idea of the dresses I am wearing to dinner each night, and I have some ideas on shirts and shorts for daytime activities.

I've been thinking about how Sally said that Key West can be a bit cool at times in February. I think I will have a few ideas in mind, and then choose at last minute based on the anticipated forecast.

I got a good deal not long ago from WHBM on some clearance items, with an additional 25% off (I think). The prices were good, but not extraordinary. That is when I realized I had a coupon for $50.00 off $100.00, and the three items I was looking at totaled $102.00....

Long story short, I have ivory skinny jeans, which may be a nice option for Key West. I struggle with wearing white after Labor Day, but I am thinking that if I am in a warmer area, it would make sense. I am okay doing this when I'm in places like Bermuda or Cozumel or whatever, but my brain is telling me that I would be wearing white after Labor Day, and NOT in a tropical country. Rule breaking, lol. Sound like type 4 coming through?

I will try to get a picture of our attire for the Nutcracker. I know my husband will gladly get a picture of me and my daughters, all wearing our red dresses. Maybe we can have someone help us out to get him in the picture too. He will be wearing a red tie, but a different one than he wore to the Christmas party.

Laurie, South Florida is considered tropical so wearing white pants is fine . I see plenty of white all year round especially on tourists . If it is bitter cold up North it will be chilly in Florida (sweater weather ).Usually in January we get a cold spell where you need a jacket and no sandals but otherwise our cold is your late fall .

We just found out that RCL & NCL are cruising to Cuba so hopefully we will be getting there next year . We have our transatlantic coming up in April which I will start planning after the holidays and I am also taking my grandsons to Disney World in November so next year will be an expensive year because I am also having the house painted and some other renovations .