Movies Under The Stars - Blankets?

BTwurddle

Do they still put out chair covers and provide blankets during movies under the stars? I'm particularly wondering about Caribbean Princess. I've heard mixed reports lately and was just wondering if anyone here could chime in on recent Princess sailings? Thanks and happy cruising!

Do they still put out chair covers and provide blankets during movies under the stars? I'm particularly wondering about Caribbean Princess. I've heard mixed reports lately and was just wondering if anyone here could chime in on recent Princess sailings? Thanks and happy cruising!

In December, the Coral had the chair covers and blankets:)

Was on the CB in January they made us check out blankets using our stateroom number then checked us off the listf when w returned them, felt like this was an imposition. I was unable to complete my set, oh well there is always next cruise.

They do put out blankets but I have noticed that they have changed design and I think this has become necessary as people were taking the bespoke design ones home as souvenirs. If you are doing a British Isles cruise it might be an idea to bring a floatation/immersion suit which might keep you feeling a little warmer.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

There was a thread not too long ago about people taking the blankets back to their cabins which caused a shortage for MUTS. :(

Was on the CB in January they made us check out blankets using our stateroom number then checked us off the listf when w returned them, felt like this was an imposition. I was unable to complete my set, oh well there is always next cruise.

Did you see the thread a couple of months back where some posters were advocating taking the blankets back to their cabins to use on the balcony? I guess this is Princess's way of combating that because if the blankets are back in cabins they aren't available for MUTS viewers to use.

Added: Colo Cruiser - great minds think alike!

Edited by capriccio

Am I the only one who always ends up sitting on a very wet chair? I've only done Movies Under the Stars twice. After the first time, I was very leery of doing it again. Got brave and tried again last year, tried to feel to see if it was wet, but sure enough, ended up with a soaked bottom even though I took a beach towel and put it on the chair. I'd love to hear anyone's solution.

No blankets on our chairs. I had to go look for the bin holding them.

I was on the Royal Priness in Jan. and there were plenty of blankets.

Tony

It was Diamond, but yep.

• 2 weeks later...

Was on Ruby back in December of 2014.. They had them, yet I noticed they were about the size of a hand towel! Anyone know if they're still that size? I'm going on Royal in a little over two weeks and plan on going to at least one MUTS showing (The Martian) and want to be prepared haha! I remember it was quite chilly last time I attended a showing..

Edited by Y3LL0WSUN

Was on Ruby back in December of 2014.. They had them, yet I noticed they were about the size of a hand towel! Anyone know if they're still that size? I'm going on Royal in a little over two weeks and plan on going to at least one MUTS showing (The Martian) and want to be prepared haha! I remember it was quite chilly last time I attended a showing..

blanket size.

i see some comments about going early. generally how early must you arrive to get a chair with a decent view of the screen? will hopefully be doing my first MUTS on Diamond in September!

tingyyy

They're about 5'x4'. Just big enough to cover you but they're not very thick.