Fridge on Allure

Wrunkles

Does anyone know if the fridge in the cabins have a freezer section? We are staying in a boardwalk balcony stateroom. Was wondering how big it was if they do have them.

I also heard that you can ask them to remove the items from the fridge for you so you can put your own items in there. Has anyone done this or have any suggestions? Thanks!

Does anyone know if the fridge in the cabins have a freezer section? We are staying in a boardwalk balcony stateroom. Was wondering how big it was if they do have them.

I also heard that you can ask them to remove the items from the fridge for you so you can put your own items in there. Has anyone done this or have any suggestions? Thanks!

What you will find in your cabin is a dorm size cooler that keeps things cool but not cold.

Edited by cruisenfever

No freezer section, hardly even a refrigerator section. More like a cooler.

You can ask for things to be removed, but be prepared for them to say no. If we want the space, we remove the things and leave a note as to where we put them.

Yes - very small fridge but no freezer compartment.

We've never had any problems with just removing everything ourselves and putting it all up on one of the top shelves above the fridge. Then we replace it all before we disembark.

We remove things too. We place them in the cabinet flanking the vanity. We do leave a post-in on the mirror for the bar staff whose job it is to restock. If you are asking about the freezer for ice all you need do is ask your steward and you will have an insulated ice bucket that is filled twice a day.

YOU can remove the items, if there are any within (some recent reports have stated the fridge was empty - not sure when/if this will go fleet-wide). The cabin attendant is not responsible for your fridge; Bar Services personnel look after that for you, replacing expired and purchased items and charging them to your on board account. My advice is to simply take 90 seconds and remove the items if you want them gone, but to leave a note for Bar Services that you have indeed moved them, or you may be charged.

Have fun!

I am dying to know what you want to put in a freezer!

• 1 year later...
I also wanted to know because I wanted to bring ice packs to put in insulated back pack for sandwiches and drinks.

Not sure why you would be packing sandwiches but just be advised that only food in factory sealed containers may be taken off the ship - think protein bars, trail mix, packets of crackers and the like. Definitely no meat or fruit.

Just off Allure. We had 2 Boardwalk balcony cabins. There was nothing in either fridge when we arrived. We just used them for our own stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This thread is 15 months old. RC no longer stocks the mini-fridge.

:)