Emerald Princess rescue

StLouisCruisers

I didn't see anything mentioned here after a quick scan, so forgive me if this has been reported. A friend on the Emerald sent me this email today regarding the ship missing Turks and Caicos today. He said:

The Captain received a request at 7.30AM from the Coast Guard that a 46 foot catamaran was taking water and we were the closest vessel that could assist them.

We sent three boats and after 8 hours the crew of 4 were saved and the Coast Guard Helicopter flew them to safety and we are now underway to Ft. Lauderdale.

I imagine we will get a full report on Jeannie's blog. http://www.pescadoamarillo.blogspot.com

I had not heard that as yet. I am glad the captain helped the disabled vessel and rescued the crewmen. Human life is more important than a port call.

We were on the Regal the first week of the month and as we were returning to PE, the captain had to make an emergence stop in Grand Turk to allow a sick pax to get off the ship and most likely board an airplane to a hospital. We arrived in port a little after 10:00 PM and were back at sea by 10:30. The captain had to increase speed to full to still arrive at PE on time.

I was impressed with the attitude of most the people I talked to onboard. While many were disappointed in missing Grand Turk, they understood why our ship was assisting and were concerned for the 4 people on the distressed catamaran. I only ever heard 1 person saying they felt we should receive compensation.

I didn't see anything mentioned here after a quick scan, so forgive me if this has been reported. A friend on the Emerald sent me this email today regarding the ship missing Turks and Caicos today. He said:

The Captain received a request at 7.30AM from the Coast Guard that a 46 foot catamaran was taking water and we were the closest vessel that could assist them.

We sent three boats and after 8 hours the crew of 4 were

saved and the Coast Guard Helicopter flew them to safety and we are now underway to Ft. Lauderdale.

I imagine we will get a full report on Jeannie's blog. http://www.pescadoamarillo.blogspot.com

I have seared the news, Princess news section on their website, cruise critic I can find nothing on this???