A new hazard that may be on HAL ships.

OceanTraveller4ever

Many news programs have shown a vaper battery blowing up in a person's pocket.

We should be cautious of smokers using this dastardly device close to us.

Just a heads up.....

But that could happen anywhere, so why focus on HAL ships? :confused:

Yes, but this is an HAL forum.

Folks on HAL ships should be standing far from users of vapers.

Still confused?

Your thread title is misleading: it doesn't really have anything to do about cruising on a dam ship. Lightning kills - where is the warning for that?

Edited by Boytjie

Yes, but this is an HAL forum.

Folks on HAL ships should be standing far from users of vapers.

Still confused?

From just looking at a person, how do we know they may be carrying a vape battery in a pocket? I have visions of everyone keeping their distance from everyone else----just in case. :D

The only e-cigarettes I have read about that caused issues are those that were customized by the owners who ignored all safety advice. Example: circumventing the voltage regulator and wiring the battery directly to the vaping coil; and, purchasing e-cigarette components from sketchy suppliers.

I have never come across issues with a e-cigarette that was properly manufactured.

The only e-cigarettes I have read about that caused issues are those that were customized by the owners who ignored all safety advice. Example: circumventing the voltage regulator and wiring the battery directly to the vaping coil; and, purchasing e-cigarette components from sketchy suppliers.

I have never come across issues with a e-cigarette that was properly manufactured.

Actually I know first hand of a person that his blow up in his pants pocket. He had horrible burns and has had skin grafts. His Mom is actually a member here on CC, and posts many times on this forum but she is currently on a Princess cruise that will be back tomorrow. She may catch this thread next week and come in and tell the details. He had been carrying his small child and just put her down when it happened or she would have gotten burned as well. And no he had not tampered with it that I am aware of.

Something else to worry about. :eek

Can you imagine a pocket fire breaking out during muster drill?:eek:

But seriously, putting it into some perspective, I remember when there were the same scares with Bic lighters. And as mentioned before, there are the phone batteries, laptop batteries, the hoverboard scares - something to be wary of in just about everything. All we can do is take precautions against obvious dangers.

Many news programs have shown a vaper battery blowing up in a person's pocket.

We should be cautious of smokers using this dastardly device close to us.

Just a heads up.....

The video wasn't on a cruise ship, it was in a convenience store. The vaper device was in his pocket. Sounds like this could be a "hazard" anywhere and unless you have your hands in the other guys pocket, you won't know he has one will you?

Just a "heads up" to you, most people are going to be very upset if you stick your hand in their pockets. Some might not, but that's another topic.

Edited by RocketMan275

OK no vapes or hoverboards allowed on HAL ships then....yea right :)

Some weeks ago, we had a post asking if hoverboards would be allowed on HAL..... I am very sure the answer is definitely No after the incidents about we have heard. I saw a report of another house fire this week started by a hoverboard. They aren't allowed on airplanes and public transportation in lots of cities is banning them.

Actually I know first hand of a person that his blow up in his pants pocket. He had horrible burns and has had skin grafts. His Mom is actually a member here on CC, and posts many times on this forum but she is currently on a Princess cruise that will be back tomorrow. She may catch this thread next week and come in and tell the details. He had been carrying his small child and just put her down when it happened or she would have gotten burned as well. And no he had not tampered with it that I am aware of.

But was he on a HAL ship when this happened? ;)

The video wasn't on a cruise ship, it was in a convenience store. The vaper device was in his pocket. Sounds like this could be a "hazard" anywhere and unless you have your hands in the other guys pocket, you won't know he has one will you?

Just a "heads up" to you, most people are going to be very upset if you stick your hand in their pockets. Some might not, but that's another topic.

Thank you for bringing some sanity to this thread :D

Pretty sure hover boards are banned, the same way skateboards are...not because of the battery, per se. And, I just saw a news report of a cell phone that had caught fire, and burned up a bed pillow!.....I guess they shouldn't allow you to bring your phone onboard!

Edited by cb at sea

But was he on a HAL ship when this happened? ;)

No, but I believe he may have been at Disneyland.

But I agree the title to thread is a bit misleading and if we lead our lives being scared of everything we would never leave our homes, actually never get out of bed because of the possibility of something that could go wrong in our own homes.

Pretty sure hover boards are banned, the same way skateboards are...not because of the battery, per se. And, I just saw a news report of a cell phone that had caught fire, and burned up a bed pillow!.....I guess they shouldn't allow you to bring your phone onboard!

Often the cell phone fires are because people plug them in to charge and place them under their pillow. :eek: Geniuses.... :D