Anthem of the seas is headed back to Cape Liberty now due to a storm

lazeyey

So true!! Dare to be in the minotiy opinion of the board and you are immediately beheaded! It's crazy!!

With all due respect but you are entitled to your opinion, because it is your opinion. Those that know differently do not have to agree with you because that is "their" opinion.:)

Forming an opinion about a ship you've never been on is a very bad way to start off your cruise and not fair to those on board that are there to hopefully make your cruising experience a good one. If you board with attitude, IMHO, you deserve attitude back.

I do sincerely hope you have a great time and good weather.

Edited by cruisenfever

Check out the Anthem on the live nyharborwebcam.com

I thought the screen was down until a bird flew by!!:eek:

So, everyone has an opinion, we all agree on that. Will this ship be sailing in 4 hours? And then at 3pm, we will find out.

Holy fog. If you click on the Port New York webcam at the Charter House, it is almost as bad.

Check out the Anthem on the live nyharborwebcam.com

I thought the screen was down until a bird flew by!!:eek:

So, everyone has an opinion, we all agree on that. Will this ship be sailing in 4 hours? And then at 3pm, we will find out.

Hopefully, anyone that is sailing today flew in yesterday or is driving to port. There are lots of flight delays and cancellations all along the east coast today. I am hoping it clears soon so my DH can get home today.

It is amazing how some of the more militant "cheerleaders" take it so personally and go into attack mode when you offer anything short of fanatical praise for anything RCCL, let alone actual criticism.

Imagine that....Criticism on CruiseCritic.com Perhaps some should start their own forum- CruiseLineWorship.com :D

It is amazing how anyone that disagrees with the criticism is labeled a "cheerleader"

Perhaps some should start their own forum - CruiseLineWhiners.com

Having read every post in this excruciatingly long 28 page thread and having only walked off the*Anthem*at 9:50 yesterday morning, I felt I needed to post here.

A little background info about me...10th cruise, nurse for over 22 years and a person who misses little going on around me.

Let me start on our second evening aboard, Monday, I walked into the 4th floor women's bathroom, right outside 2 of the main dining rooms. I entered the 4th stall on the left only to find ( pardon my being graphic ) liquid fecal material all over the floor, toilet and the wall behind the toilet. I quickly exited the stall and another woman tried to enter and I stopped her telling her it was a mess. I quickly used another stall and nearly scrubbed the skin off my hands trying to wash them. I immediately went in search of a staff member to report this. I found a member of the staff by the elevators and told him there was a mess in the woman's restroom that needed attended to right away. He assured me that he would get someone to take care of it right away. I walked away and saw him stop 2 different couples trying to sell them upgrades to their dining package...so much for right away! I told my husband that someone aboard had explosive diarrhea and from that point we beefed up our hand washing. Day 3 brought the norovirus letter and some minor increases in sanitation. Let me also mention that the carpet outside that particular bathroom was wet every time we passed it from Day 3 on, often with a fan blowing on it to help it dry.

Night 3 was the last we saw our dear stateroom attendant, John, on the 7th floor. A young man took over for him but never introduced himself or said where John was. We heard later from someone else on the same floor whose room steward also got sick, but came back 3 days later, that John was one of the "many staff" who took ill and we suspect he may have been one of those taken off of the ship by one of the 3 ambulances waiting for us in San Juan.

Every day brought new and more thorough sanitation procedures. Several days before we got back to port, the books in the state rooms were all removed and thrown out and the library had every book, deck of cards, and game removed and was closed. You could not enter any of the shops without using hand sanitizer. You had to ask for sweetner, coffee stirrers, tea bags ect. Every where except the dining rooms. I am not complaining, I'm just stating things I witnessed with my own eyes.

The smell of the chemicals they were using became stronger and stronger as the days went by. The day before we disembarked I began to experience severe respiratory symptoms that I relate to the chemicals they were using and have heard of others, as well as my husband, who has the same symptoms.

I had several staff tell me that many of the staff were ill. I could write a book on all I observed that let me know the #of cases was rising and much more than we were being told. The cherry on top was watching people in head to toe white suits with foot covers, head covers and face masks entering staterooms and tearing apart the beds and rooms as we were leaving the ship.

I'm not saying there was not a storm brewing, but do I feel that RC used the storm to bring the*Anthem*back for a good sterilization? Absolutely! There's nothing that anyone can say to convince me otherwise! Am I mad...not on your life, the compensation was more than fair.*

Would have I liked to have been told the truth...hell, yeah. Passengers are not as oblivious as*

they would like to think...despite that fact we can be herded like cattle!

I found the staff to be pleasant. We went through 2 room stewards and our room was serviced twice a day even though the additional duties on the staff must have been grueling. Would I sail on the*Anthem*again? In a heartbeat and even in the winter.*Just would love to see her prices come down.

I'm glad to see your a weather expert also, you should have been the captain seeing as you think you know a lot about handling a ship in a storm.

Having read every post in this excruciatingly long 28 page thread and having only walked off the Anthem at 9:50 yesterday morning, I felt I needed to post here. A little background info about me...10th cruise, nurse for over 22 years and a person who misses little going on around me. Let me start on our second evening aboard, Monday, I walked into the 4th floor women's bathroom, right outside 2 of the main dining rooms. I entered the 4th stall on the left only to find ( pardon my being graphic ) liquid fecal material all over the floor, toilet and the wall behind the toilet. I quickly exited the stall and another woman tried to enter and I stopped her telling her it was a mess. I quickly used another stall and nearly scrubbed the skin off my hands trying to wash them. I immediately went in search of a staff member to report this. I found a member of the staff by the elevators and told him there was a mess in the woman's restroom that needed attended to right away. He assured me that he would get someone to take care of it right away. I walked away and saw him stop 2 different couples trying to sell them upgrades to their dining package...so much for right away! I told my husband that someone aboard had explosive diarrhea and from that point we beefed up our hand washing. Day 3 brought the norovirus letter and some minor increases in sanitation. Let me also mention that the carpet outside that particular bathroom was wet every time we passed it from Day 3 on, often with a fan blowing on it to help it dry. Night 3 was the last we saw our dear stateroom attendant, John, on the 7th floor. A young man took over for him but never introduced himself or said where John was. We heard later from someone else on the same floor whose room steward also got sick, but came back 3 days later, that John was one of the "many staff" who took ill and we suspect he may have been one of those taken off of the ship by one of the 3 ambulances waiting for us in San Juan. Every day brought new and more thorough sanitation procedures. Several days before we got back to port, the books in the state rooms were all removed and thrown out and the library had every book, deck of cards, and game removed and was closed. You could not enter any of the shops without using hand sanitizer. You had to ask for sweetner, coffee stirrers, tea bags ect. Every where except the dining rooms. I am not complaining, I'm just stating things I witnessed with my own eyes. The smell of the chemicals they were using became stronger and stronger as the days went by. The day before we disembarked I began to experience severe respiratory symptoms that I relate to the chemicals they were using and have heard of others, as well as my husband, who has the same symptoms. I had several staff tell me that many of the staff were ill. I could write a book on all I observed that let me know the #of cases was rising and muc more than we were being told. The cherry on top was watching people in hed to toe white suits with foot covers, head covers and face masks entering staterooms and tearing apart the beds and rooms as we were leaving the ship.

I'm not saying there was not a storm brewing but do I feel that RC used the storm to bring the Anthem back for a good sterilization, absolutely! There's nothing that anyone can say to convince me otherwise! Am I mad...not on your life, the compensation was more than fair.

Would have I liked to have been told the truth...hell, yeah. Passengers are not as oblivious as

I found the staff to be pleasant. We went through 2 room stewards and our room was serviced twice a day even though the additional duties on the staff must have been grueling. Would I sail on the Anthem again? In a heartbeat and even in the winter. :)Just would love to see her pices come down.

I have just one word for you - PARAGRAPHS.

Having read every post in this excruciatingly long 28 page thread and having only walked off the*Anthem*at 9:50 yesterday morning, I felt I needed to post here.

A little background info about me...10th cruise, nurse for over 22 years and a person who misses little going on around me.

Let me start on our second evening aboard, Monday, I walked into the 4th floor women's bathroom, right outside 2 of the main dining rooms. I entered the 4th stall on the left only to find ( pardon my being graphic ) liquid fecal material all over the floor, toilet and the wall behind the toilet. I quickly exited the stall and another woman tried to enter and I stopped her telling her it was a mess. I quickly used another stall and nearly scrubbed the skin off my hands trying to wash them. I immediately went in search of a staff member to report this. I found a member of the staff by the elevators and told him there was a mess in the woman's restroom that needed attended to right away. He assured me that he would get someone to take care of it right away. I walked away and saw him stop 2 different couples trying to sell them upgrades to their dining package...so much for right away! I told my husband that someone aboard had explosive diarrhea and from that point we beefed up our hand washing. Day 3 brought the norovirus letter and some minor increases in sanitation. Let me also mention that the carpet outside that particular bathroom was wet every time we passed it from Day 3 on, often with a fan blowing on it to help it dry.

Night 3 was the last we saw our dear stateroom attendant, John, on the 7th floor. A young man took over for him but never introduced himself or said where John was. We heard later from someone else on the same floor whose room steward also got sick, but came back 3 days later, that John was one of the "many staff" who took ill and we suspect he may have been one of those taken off of the ship by one of the 3 ambulances waiting for us in San Juan.

Every day brought new and more thorough sanitation procedures. Several days before we got back to port, the books in the state rooms were all removed and thrown out and the library had every book, deck of cards, and game removed and was closed. You could not enter any of the shops without using hand sanitizer. You had to ask for sweetner, coffee stirrers, tea bags ect. Every where except the dining rooms. I am not complaining, I'm just stating things I witnessed with my own eyes.

The smell of the chemicals they were using became stronger and stronger as the days went by. The day before we disembarked I began to experience severe respiratory symptoms that I relate to the chemicals they were using and have heard of others, as well as my husband, who has the same symptoms.

I had several staff tell me that many of the staff were ill. I could write a book on all I observed that let me know the #of cases was rising and much more than we were being told. The cherry on top was watching people in head to toe white suits with foot covers, head covers and face masks entering staterooms and tearing apart the beds and rooms as we were leaving the ship.

I'm not saying there was not a storm brewing, but do I feel that RC used the storm to bring the*Anthem*back for a good sterilization? Absolutely! There's nothing that anyone can say to convince me otherwise! Am I mad...not on your life, the compensation was more than fair.*

Would have I liked to have been told the truth...hell, yeah. Passengers are not as oblivious as*

I found the staff to be pleasant. We went through 2 room stewards and our room was serviced twice a day even though the additional duties on the staff must have been grueling. Would I sail on the*Anthem*again? In a heartbeat and even in the winter.*Just would love to see her prices come down.

Thank you for reposting. This was very interesting and I glad you took the time to post it in a readable format.

I write long reviews, usually running two to three single spaced type written pages per day. I use a word processing program and then copy and paste it to Cruise Critic. I have to preview every page and add the paragraphs. I don't know why Cruise Critic does not recognise carriage returns, but unfortunately it doesn't. So if transferring text to CC (as opposed to typing it in yourself) you do have to preview to get the paragraphs in. If you don't, the text quickly becomes unreadable.

I'm glad to see your a weather expert also, you should have been the captain seeing as you think you know a lot about handling a ship in a storm.

ROFL...wow! You took one sentence...because that is the only sentence where I even mentioned the weather (and this is a close but not exact quote ) I'm not saying there wasn't a storm brewing but do I think that RC used that to bring the Anthem back for a good sterilization...absolutely! And determined that I was saying I knew anything about weather, let alone was claiming to be an expert, or more about handling a ship than the captain! Oh, that was very nice!

I'm quickly figuring out why this site is called cruisecritic. It's not because people can go on and voice their honest opinions about a ship or cruiseline...no indeed, it's because some of the people in the forums are so critical when you do try to post.

Edited by hootowlrn
misspelling

Captains aren't weather experts. :rolleyes:

Captains are expert at piloting ships.

Meteorologists are experts on weather. ;)

Edited by KevinKruzer

It is amazing how anyone that disagrees with the criticism is labeled a "cheerleader"

Perhaps some should start their own forum - CruiseLineWhiners.com

And on cue.....;)

There is a difference. I can't recall anyone starting a positive thread or review where others (ie non cheerleaders) jump on and gang up on the positive reviewer to mock them and tell them that they couldnt have possibly experienced such a good time....and if they did it was an anomoly and CERTAINLY not due to the credit of RCCL, etc....

I don't think there are lots of "cheerleaders". Most posters I read here, the vast majority, are RCCL loyalists that are regular fair minded respectful people.

The "cheerleaders" are the handful of extreme loyalists that feel the need to gang up and pounce with snark/ridicule at anyone who complains (especially new posters) about their experiences.

ROFL...wow! You took one sentence...because that is the only sentence where I even mentioned the weather (and this is a close but not exact quote ) I'm not saying there wasn't a storm brewing but do I think that RC used that to bring the Anthem back for a good sterilization...absolutely! And determined that I was saying I knew anything about weather, let alone was claiming to be an expert, or more about handling a ship than the captain! Oh, that was very nice!

I'm quickly figuring out why this site is called cruisecritic. It's not because people can go on and voice their honest opinions about a ship or cruiseline...no indeed, it's because some of the people in the forums are so critical when you do try to post.

I thought the same thing as you when I heard they were bringing the ship back 2 days early and ending the cruise because of the storm. If it was because of the storm they only needed to skip the last port and head up the coast early. They could of gone to another port or came up slowly and just stayed ahead of the storm. They could of even docked early and left everyone stay on the ship until the end. But instead the decision was made to end the cruise early so I figured the outbreak was bigger than they were letting on.

Edited by fred30