Wine purchase in Barcelona

krev

A basic selection will be found at Carrefour supermarket just 2 blocks down Ramblas on the other side from the Continental.

For a better selection and wider variety, the supermarket on the lower level of the El Corte Ingles department store is just up to the Plaza Catalunya and on the far side, right where the A1 and A2 airport busses stop. They often run promotions and multiple bottle offers.

The Carrefour is open from 10AM to 10 PM daily except Sunday when it is open from 10 AM to 6 PM.

The El Corte Ingles is open daily from 09:30 AM to 09:30 PM. It is closed all Sundays except 8 Sundays mostly around the holiday season with a couple during other weeks.

A basic selection will be found at Carrefour supermarket just 2 blocks down Ramblas on the other side from the Continental.

For a better selection and wider variety, the supermarket on the lower level of the El Corte Ingles department store is just up to the Plaza Catalunya and on the far side, right where the A1 and A2 airport busses stop. They often run promotions and multiple bottle offers.

The Carrefour is open from 10AM to 10 PM daily except Sunday when it is open from 10 AM to 6 PM.

The El Corte Ingles is open daily from 09:30 AM to 09:30 PM. It is closed all Sundays except 8 Sundays mostly around the holiday season with a couple during other weeks.

Thank-you, this info will be very useful to us when we are in Barcelona later this year.

Thank-you, this info will be very useful to us when we are in Barcelona later this year.

Clarea, I noticed you asking questions about the train earlier, what cruise are you going on?

• 2 weeks later...

When we boarded for our last cruise that began in Barcelona, there was a wine shop right on the dock before you board. Several little shops with tourists-y type things. The wine selection was not bad. We each got our wine there and had a balcony party to try out what we found. This was a group of CC-ers that met here and formed friendships.

This was a TA, so we had time to have our own private party! Wow, great memories.

Margee

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

When we boarded for our last cruise that began in Barcelona, there was a wine shop right on the dock before you board. Several little shops with tourists-y type things. The wine selection was not bad. We each got our wine there and had a balcony party to try out what we found. This was a group of CC-ers that met here and formed friendships.

This was a TA, so we had time to have our own private party! Wow, great memories.

Margee

Just wine or liquor also? And is it duty free?

Margee

Is there a limit on what you can buy and carry on the ship? We will be on Royal Caribbean in October

Is there a limit on what you can buy and carry on the ship? We will be on Royal Caribbean in October

Royal's limit is two 750ml bottles per stateroom, no matter how many guests in the stateroom.

Wine preference is obviously a matter of taste, and my taste runs to cheap. So when we were in Barcelona for a couple days before our cruise I found a supermarket near the Hilton where we were staying, but decided to not be super-cheap. (I.e., I bought something at 1.50 euro for a full liter, rather than one of the wines @ 1 euro.)

Before departing for the ship I bought another 3 bottles to take on board!

The wine (and sangria) in Barcelona is fabulous. Enjoy!

There is a very nice wine shop In the back of the Boqueria if you want something a step above supermarket wine.

I agree, we bought some wine there last year. There are also two shops with wine on the right (looking from the entrance) side of the Boqueria.

I agree, we bought some wine there last year. There are also two shops with wine on the right (looking from the entrance) side of the Boqueria.

Good to know, we are staying just up the street from the Boqueria

Good to know, we are staying just up the street from the Boqueria

We found the people at these shops on the side to be very helpful in recommending some local wines that were not very expensive.

• 2 weeks later...

What is nice about these wine stores is that they have are online and you can look at what they stock and prices before you actually go.

TERMS

Red wines = tintos or “vinos tintos”.

White wines = blancos or “vinos blancos”.

Rosé wines = rosados or “vinos rosados”.

Sparkling Wines = Cava or “vinos espumosos”.

SHOPS

Lafuente

Multiple Locations, including:

Carrer d'Aragó, 241

http://lafuente.es

Colmado Quílez

Rambla de Catalunya 63

http://lafuente.es

Vanadium

Multiple Locations, including:

Passeig Sant Joan, 164

http://vinalium.com/en/home/

La Vinoteca

Carrer de La Maquinista, 14

http://grupramonet.com/?lang=en

Boqueria

Mercat de la Boqueria (Ramblas) Rambla, 91 Parades

http://www.lacartadevinos.com

ARTDEVINS

Villarroel 18

http://www.artdevins.com

The El Corte Ingles dpt store supermarket at the lower level is excellent... we purchased some items there on our last visit to enjoy while staying in Barcelona. The smoked salmon was to die for best i have had any where and I live in California were it is plentiful. I am sure we bought wine as well with definitely go back when we take the Royal Princess out of Barcelona.