Do Diamond Plus Have Access to Liberty's Suite Lounge???

julesbeara

The only difference I could see between the two lounges are the chairs. The chairs in the Suite Lounge are awful--the seats are so deep you can't lean against the back, resulting in a back ache every night. They both had the same drinks and food available. Both were crowded. The Suite Lounge did finally open up the outdoor area; they were still working on the Diamond outdoor area.

Maybe they will kick out the D+ members when they add the soda/beer/wine from 11am to 11pm, like on Oasis class.

Are they planning on adding the 11a-11p option? Watch out Bob - you'll start a new rumor! :D :D

Like Carol says, only because the only other two Suite Lounges do that. There has to be a reason for calling it a Suite Lounge instead of a Concierge Lounge, and I hope it's not only the negative one.

Anyone know which restaurant is used as the Suite Breakfast Dining room?

Forgot if we used Chops or Giovanni's, but it does not really matter because it could change. You will get a letter in your stateroom with details, including the location of the suite breakfast.

I have heard from a few P friends who were on LB the past 2 or 3 weeks. D+ have been allowed in the SL. However, the card reader on the SL door is not working and they were advised that when it was functioning properly, the SL would be only allowing suite and Pinnacle cruisers. I will have other friends on in a couple of weeks. We will see how it goes then. I have 56 days before I can see for myself!

After we returned from our 2/7 cruise, I wrote a letter to Michael Bayleys office because every time we went into the suite lounge, there were no seats available. A rep from his office called me last Thursday and told me that this is definitely changing, no more diamond plus in the suite lounge. She sounded like it would be immediate but apparently it has not happened yet.

After we returned from our 2/7 cruise, I wrote a letter to Michael Bayleys office because every time we went into the suite lounge, there were no seats available. A rep from his office called me last Thursday and told me that this is definitely changing, no more diamond plus in the suite lounge. She sounded like it would be immediate but apparently it has not happened yet.

Those dang D+, always causing trouble.;):p

I am in a grand suite now. Chops for breakfast everyday and chops for lunch on sea days only. Rumor last night was this is last week for diamond plus in suite lounge. Who ever said the chairs are uncomfortable in the suite lounge is absolutely correct.

I am in a grand suite now. Chops for breakfast everyday and chops for lunch on sea days only. Rumor last night was this is last week for diamond plus in suite lounge. Who ever said the chairs are uncomfortable in the suite lounge is absolutely correct.

If you get there early, you can get one of the smaller gold chairs--the only ones that don't break your back.

The only difference I could see between the two lounges are the chairs. The chairs in the Suite Lounge are awful--the seats are so deep you can't lean against the back, resulting in a back ache every night. They both had the same drinks and food available. Both were crowded. The Suite Lounge did finally open up the outdoor area; they were still working on the Diamond outdoor area.

We totally agree that the chairs that are in the suite lounge are horrible. But I wouldn't hold my breath that they will be changed out. The lounge is really an improvement over the closet that was the old lounge. There is no established date for the Diamond lounge balcony to be finished because there is much welding and work yet to be accomplished, but when it is completed, it will approximately double the size of the Diamond lounge as that balcony will be the same size as the suite lounge balcony. This will do much to help the over crowding that is so common today.

side note, Tom and Nancy, it was great to cruise with you guys back to back and we look forward to the next opportunity.

Ed and Mary

We totally agree that the chairs that are in the suite lounge are horrible. But I wouldn't hold my breath that they will be changed out. The lounge is really an improvement over the closet that was the old lounge. There is no established date for the Diamond lounge balcony to be finished because there is much welding and work yet to be accomplished, but when it is completed, it will approximately double the size of the Diamond lounge as that balcony will be the same size as the suite lounge balcony. This will do much to help the over crowding that is so common today.

side note, Tom and Nancy, it was great to cruise with you guys back to back and we look forward to the next opportunity.

Ed and Mary

When they boot the D+ out, they will probably swap chairs and put the bad ones in the D Lounge. :rolleyes:

We really enjoyed your company also. Hope to meet again one day.

If you get there early, you can get one of the smaller gold chairs--the only ones that don't break your back.

Those were the six chairs that they added mid week on our cruise after many passengers complained about the lack of seating, lol. There was seating for 40 and 283 passengers eligible to use the suite lounge that week. There was no seating outside at that time. You are so right, those chairs were absolutely the only comfortable ones in the entire lounge.