What to Bring to Prove We Purchased Shore Excursions, etal?

knittinggirl

Does HAL include shore excursions, dining, etc on our cruise documentation?

If so, is an itinerary good enough, or do we need something extra?

I have the original email for our suite amenities, but it's not showing anywhere on our reservation either.

I think if you log into Hal and use your booking # you can view and print out your itinerary which shows your booked shorex plus any specialty dining if you pre booked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think you can see the Suite Amenitites pkg on your documents. Retreat/Lido cabanas also wouldn't show on your documents.

Yes, it's a good idea to bring a print out of your purchase confirmation. The rule is "if you have it, you won't need it".:)

I don't think you can see the Suite Amenitites pkg on your documents. Retreat/Lido cabanas also wouldn't show on your documents.

Yes, it's a good idea to bring a print out of your purchase confirmation. The rule is "if you have it, you won't need it".:)

That info usually shows in the confirmation email you get from HAL as well as any SBC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you purchase shore excursions, dinners, etc. on line you should receive an e-mail confirmation of the purchase immediately.

Save that, and print it to take with you when the time comes. That e-mail spells out precisely what you paid for, as well as how much you paid.

I also print out confirmations to bring with me. Although I've never had a problem with excursion tickets, one time I did find some else's tickets in the envelope along with mine. The excursions staff was very appreciative when I promptly returned them. Since this incident shows things can go wrong, I take the little amount of time needed to print things out so I can readily show someone evidence of my pre-cruise purchases.

Just a word of caution, and frustration - and I have reported this here before - even with my printed confirmations of purchased OBCs, when I was shorted some of them on my cruise last year the concierge and the accounting department onboard would not accept them as proof, and I had to wait until Seattle condescended to respond to their faxes to confirm that I had, indeed, made those purchases. It took over a week, so good thing I was on a 3 week cruise.:mad:

Just a word of caution, and frustration - and I have reported this here before - even with my printed confirmations of purchased OBCs, when I was shorted some of them on my cruise last year the concierge and the accounting department onboard would not accept them as proof, and I had to wait until Seattle condescended to respond to their faxes to confirm that I had, indeed, made those purchases. It took over a week, so good thing I was on a 3 week cruise.:mad:

Sad to say that the proof you had was what prompted the ship staff to pursue the matter with Seattle with any vigor at all, though.

Better to have the proof and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

HAL isn't as forthcoming with emails as they used to be. The last two transactions I've made this week, I did not receive a confirmation email. Last week I did.

I noticed that this week, too. I did not receive an email confirmation for an excursion I purchased a few days ago. In the past, the confirmation email popped up immediately. It does show up on my itinerary.

An e-mail confirmation should be received. If I did not receive one, I would be on the phone to Shore Excursions in Seattle requesting one.

Always take as much documentation that has been received with one for the journey that has been booked. One never knows what or when something might be needed.

Edited by rkacruiser

When you purchase shore excursions, dinners, etc. on line you should receive an e-mail confirmation of the purchase immediately.

Save that, and print it to take with you when the time comes. That e-mail spells out precisely what you paid for, as well as how much you paid.

This is what we do. HAL has never made an error on ours...or other lines for that matter. Have found changes in price showing we paid less than those booking onboard did.

Our travel friends do not do this and on another line found they weren't ticketed on an excursion they thought they were. Could have been their error but no way to prove it while you're onboard and the excursion is already sold out.