The Best Thing You Ever Ate

Cop Chef

I know, this thread had previously been posted, probably a kazillion times already, but, Chef’s come and go, menu’s change, recipes reinvented, and restaurants are either phased out or replaced. Still, cruisers come back for the ambiance, the relaxation, knowing you’re going to another place to visit and sight see, and the feeling of not doing anything, to include those two filthy horrible “C” words, yes you know them: cleaning and cooking.

So, I know everyone had cruised at one time or another and had something, whether it was from a Specialty Restaurant, MDR, Buffets, Pool Side or Lawn Grill, and Room Service they found to be really, really, delicious. So good that you went up or ordered seconds and maybe even thirds. Something, that when you booked your cruise, over and over again, you were hoping or praying they still served that special something you so longed for to satisfy the cravings within yourself. Even the people who cruised and found the food to be mediocre must have found something that was edible. What was that special something that made you twirl your tongue around the morsel in your mouth as the taste buds gathered the flavorings, triggering those sensors, while you close your eyes, relaxing your shoulders, and tilting your head back or sideways, and saying “Mmmmmmmmm”.

The most memorable dinner we had was in the Murano on the Century. The Chateaubriand for Two in a Cabernet Sauce and Lobster Tails, my god, by far the best dinner. The meat was so tender and cooked to perfection that I didn’t use my knife to cut it. The Lobster was huge and succulent. The plates were presented beautifully and pleasing to the eye, definitely a First Class setting. And, for dessert we were recommended the Crepe Ballon Rouge. This was made tableside, it’s a crepe filled with vanilla ice cream, and topped with strawberries in a reduced infused balsamic vinegar sauce that was flambéed. Definitely the best meal we ever had.

So, what does your palate desire on a cruise.

A dinner at Murano, we had lobster, prepared and flambéed table side that was spectacular. I am not a big fan of lobster but must say that the preparation (the show), the presentation, the service and the taste exceeded all my expectations....regardless of any restaurant that I have been.

Hubby's number one meal on Celebrity was the lamb chops served one night in Eclipse's buffet of all places! He just couldn't get enough. The chef promised him more the next night but the lamb never appeared again the entire cruise much to Hubby's disappointment. Furthermore, the lamb chops were never served again in the buffet in any subsequent Eclipse cruise we have taken. Hubby still talks about those marvelous, delicious lamb chops four years later.

My best meal ever on Celebrity was the grass side restaurant on Silhouette. Just everything about it was magical for me including the cool, breezy weather, the gorgeous night, our wonderful waiter, and the presence of Hubby and our son. I often relect back on that experience. I did eat too much though.

It would be either the Chicken Liver Parfait or the Beef Tournedos.

I'm not a fan of liver but I decided to try the parfait because it had pistachios. It was light, fluffy and delicious. The next time I had it onboard, it was dense and heavier. It was good but not nearly as good as the first time.

The Beef Tournedos are a fillet topped with morel mushrooms and a bit of foie gras. I don't usually like steak on a cruise but this is something special. It's the one food that I would a book a cruise just to have. The only time I've ever had seasickness bad enough to miss a meal, they were serving Beef Tournedos. My husband said my serving was very good.

• Like 1

When the pastry chef in Silhouette's Luminae discovered my love of pistachio macaroons, he made sure he had a fresh batch for me each night. Never asked. Never expected. But every night, out they came. I cannot tell you how delicious / how perfect those little things were. And since, I've not been able to find a better one anywhere.

Without a doubt, the lobster prepared tableside in Murano with the delicious and very decadent cream sauce is the very best. It is so wonderful that you can actually hear your arteries snap together with all that cholesterol - but it is worth a heart by-pass operation just for that one meal!

Without a doubt, the lobster prepared tableside in Murano with the delicious and very decadent cream sauce is the very best. It is so wonderful that you can actually hear your arteries snap together with all that cholesterol - but it is worth a heart by-pass operation just for that one meal!

Ditto!!! Our tableside lobster dinner in Murano on our recent Silhouette cruise was to die for! Can't wait to do it again in May!

The lamb shank last year on Eclipse. Unfortunately, it wasn't on the menu this year

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

Sorry , hit send too soon. Lamb shank was not on the menu on Reflection this year.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

I have a few....

The veal chop at the lawn club grill - had it both times on our list trip and it was amazing

The warm chocolate chip cookie dessert at the lawn club grill. So amazing. I make it at home now

12520647663_b200b23054_b.jpg

The wings at the Porch - I know it's just wings, but they were totally amazing.

The Grand Marnier soufflee at Murano.

And while Bistro on 5 might be changing, I totally loved the Croque-Madame.

I have a few....

The veal chop at the lawn club grill - had it both times on our list trip and it was amazing

The warm chocolate chip cookie dessert at the lawn club grill. So amazing. I make it at home now

12520647663_b200b23054_b.jpg

The wings at the Porch - I know it's just wings, but they were totally amazing.

The Grand Marnier soufflee at Murano.

And while Bistro on 5 might be changing, I totally loved the Croque-Madame.

OOO MMM GGG - That looks so good, a diabetic comatose ready to happen

Years ago we had crusted baby lamb chops, outstanding. Well they are gone, so my favorite is now the escargot. Celebrity prepares it just right, no cheese, no frills, lots of butter and garlic, and of course the warm bread to soak up the crumbs. Can't wait until April.....

This sounds trivial but the "homemade" ie on ship made Blue Cheese dressing is amazing. I never have it at home so maybe that is why it tastes so good.

This is not trivial at all! Sailing with X for the first time next week, and I absolutely love Blue Cheese dressing!

The lobster bisque in Murano is so incredible, we ate it every time we were there....which on our last 14 night cruise was 10 nights.

I am home sick today but if there was some lobster bisque from Luminee I pretty sure I'd not only enjoy it, I could learn to fly by kicking my legs realy-realy fast :D