The Best Thing You Ever Ate

Cop Chef

I know, this thread had previously been posted, probably a kazillion times already, but, Chef’s come and go, menu’s change, recipes reinvented, and restaurants are either phased out or replaced. Still, cruisers come back for the ambiance, the relaxation, knowing you’re going to another place to visit and sight see, and the feeling of not doing anything, to include those two filthy horrible “C” words, yes you know them: cleaning and cooking.

So, I know everyone had cruised at one time or another and had something, whether it was from a Specialty Restaurant, MDR, Buffets, Pool Side or Lawn Grill, and Room Service they found to be really, really, delicious. So good that you went up or ordered seconds and maybe even thirds. Something, that when you booked your cruise, over and over again, you were hoping or praying they still served that special something you so longed for to satisfy the cravings within yourself. Even the people who cruised and found the food to be mediocre must have found something that was edible. What was that special something that made you twirl your tongue around the morsel in your mouth as the taste buds gathered the flavorings, triggering those sensors, while you close your eyes, relaxing your shoulders, and tilting your head back or sideways, and saying “Mmmmmmmmm”.

The most memorable dinner we had was in the Murano on the Century. The Chateaubriand for Two in a Cabernet Sauce and Lobster Tails, my god, by far the best dinner. The meat was so tender and cooked to perfection that I didn’t use my knife to cut it. The Lobster was huge and succulent. The plates were presented beautifully and pleasing to the eye, definitely a First Class setting. And, for dessert we were recommended the Crepe Ballon Rouge. This was made tableside, it’s a crepe filled with vanilla ice cream, and topped with strawberries in a reduced infused balsamic vinegar sauce that was flambéed. Definitely the best meal we ever had.

So, what does your palate desire on a cruise.

We always found Murano to offer excellent food. For us, however,the best meal ever on any ship was in the Queens Grill on the QM2. I started with Caviar then onto pan seared Foe Gras then to Caesar Salad done table side. Next on to a sorbet "intermezzo" then my entrée: Baked Stuffed Maine lobster with Shrimp & Lobster stuffing and finally a tableside flambé Cherries Jubilee for dessert.

The caviar, oysters, and Maine lobster we had during the New Zealand & Australia world cruise segment on Crystal Serenity last year were definitely the best foods we have ever had on a cruise ship.

Oh, there are so many.

Qsine greens - arugula and other greens with mild creamy goat cheese and pomegranate molasses.

The lamb chop from the Mediteranian box at Qsine,

Mushroom cappuccino at Normandy

I know, this thread had previously been posted, probably a kazillion times already, but, Chef’s come and go, menu’s change, recipes reinvented, and restaurants are either phased out or replaced. Still, cruisers come back for the ambiance, the relaxation, knowing you’re going to another place to visit and sight see, and the feeling of not doing anything, to include those two filthy horrible “C” words, yes you know them: cleaning and cooking.

So, I know everyone had cruised at one time or another and had something, whether it was from a Specialty Restaurant, MDR, Buffets, Pool Side or Lawn Grill, and Room Service they found to be really, really, delicious. So good that you went up or ordered seconds and maybe even thirds. Something, that when you booked your cruise, over and over again, you were hoping or praying they still served that special something you so longed for to satisfy the cravings within yourself. Even the people who cruised and found the food to be mediocre must have found something that was edible. What was that special something that made you twirl your tongue around the morsel in your mouth as the taste buds gathered the flavorings, triggering those sensors, while you close your eyes, relaxing your shoulders, and tilting your head back or sideways, and saying “Mmmmmmmmm”.

The most memorable dinner we had was in the Murano on the Century. The Chateaubriand for Two in a Cabernet Sauce and Lobster Tails, my god, by far the best dinner. The meat was so tender and cooked to perfection that I didn’t use my knife to cut it. The Lobster was huge and succulent. The plates were presented beautifully and pleasing to the eye, definitely a First Class setting. And, for dessert we were recommended the Crepe Ballon Rouge. This was made tableside, it’s a crepe filled with vanilla ice cream, and topped with strawberries in a reduced infused balsamic vinegar sauce that was flambéed. Definitely the best meal we ever had.

So, what does your palate desire on a cruise.

Have to totally agree, the same menu as you we have every cruise! Love Murano

For me it's the baked escargot. Many nights I'm order two!

And of course I'm soaking all that buttery garlicky goodness with a couple fresh rolls :) yum, yum, & yum!

God how I remember that Baked Escargot and soaking the bread into the heavenly garlicky buttery deliciousness. I can't wait to get back on board, I might have to book an earlier cruise, Sept. 2017 is way too far off.

I had a cold pasta salad in the Buffet on Summit a couple of years ago and I still remember it. It was make with curly pasta and sort of an asian taste, just can't remember much of what was in it just that it was very tasty.

J.

the mushroom ravioli in tuscan grille on the silhouette was the best i have ever had. we had it again on equinox 3 months later which was equally as good, but then a year later on equinox again, not as good. the first cruise i had it i was lucky enough to be given the recipe. of course it was made with fresh homemade pasta, which at the time i wouldn't have attempted, but now i have been experimenting more in the kitchen and can't find that recipe :( we moved across the country so that's probably why.

we're sailing in november. if they're still on the menu in tuscan i'm definitely getting them. favorite specialty restaurant on board.

I had a roasted beet salad with arugula and some kind of white cheese, not sure if it was goat cheese, but I had never had beets before (I don't get out much :)) but it was AMAZING. In the MDR on Summit. I hope they offer it on Infinity this fall........