Slight Gadtro Outbreak on Riviera

kitty9

I thought I read a post from Kitty9 that they were out of code red

Maybe they think the TA's are bringing it on the ship

They seem to have TA lunches every docking in Miami

try not to stress out about it ...not easy to do under the circumstances

I didn't think the current cruise ending tomorrow ever went to code red but I could be wrong. No doubt there were still enough cases that Oceania is taking more actions. Not sure I ever remember a ship lingering with Noro for such a long period, especially after deep cleanings.

Just saw this article on the outbreak....my heart goes out to the crew workers who have had to endure the Noro outbreaks for such a long time. I know someone sad there isn't such a thing as a sick ship but does make me wonder.

http://www.cruiselawnews.com/2016/02/articles/norovirus/oceania-crew-members-pay-the-price-when-norovirus-hits/

I didn't think the current cruise ending tomorrow ever went to code red but I could be wrong. No doubt there were still enough cases that Oceania is taking more actions. Not sure I ever remember a ship lingering with Noro for such a long period, especially after deep cleanings.

It is hard to tell which sailing was clean & not affected anymore

There have been a few in between that were clear of noro

Then someone brings something on & the merry go round starts all over again

I am still waiting to hear the status on Regatta ...no one has posted since it got sick after leaving Peru

No fun worrying about getting on a sick ship & not knowing if you will have to endure the goop all over the place

I do hope your cruise will be one of the "Clean" ones

Lyn

It is hard to tell which sailing was clean & not affected anymore

There have been a few in between that were clear of noro

Then someone brings something on & the merry go round starts all over again

I am still waiting to hear the status on Regatta ...no one has posted since it got sick after leaving Peru

No fun worrying about getting on a sick ship & not knowing if you will have to endure the goop all over the place

I do hope your cruise will be one of the "Clean" ones

Lyn

Thanks so much Lyn! Just finished packing and will head down shortly. So nice living 30 minutes from PortMiami. Love not having to fly!

Thanks so much Lyn! Just finished packing and will head down shortly. So nice living 30 minutes from PortMiami. Love not having to fly!

I hope all goes well

I would have a nice lunch before heading to the port incase you cannot get in the building right away

We usually go after 1 pm to miss the crowds ;)

Did you tell your hubby where you are going yet??

Lyn

I hope all goes well

I would have a nice lunch before heading to the port incase you cannot get in the building right away

We usually go after 1 pm to miss the crowds ;)

Did you tell your hubby where you are going yet??

Lyn

I did so he knows what to pack. I even decided to warn him about the Noro issues the ship has been having, so he is prepared to wash his hands a lot and not touch his face. He is excited to sail on Oceania and doesn't seem remotely concerned about the Noro so that is good!

I expect to get to the terminal around 1pm.

Getting excited now!

Good luck on your cruise, eroller. We live about the same distance from Terminal J as you do. We are South of Fifth on South Beach. We see our condo as we pull out. After you board, would you let us know what services are unavailable? Our cruise is a Trans Atlantic with nine sea days. Services matter.

Thanks in advance,

Mary

Thanks everyone. For certain I'll make a posting here before we depart Miami about the status of the ship. We are in Key West tomorrow so I'll be able to post an update then as well.

We are both feeling great and excited about the cruise. Hope it stays that way!!

Edited by eroller

Everything seems completely normal. Ice and champagne in the cabin, the cabin directory, etc. Tables are all set complete with salt and pepper shakers. Don't see any slimy walls or wet fabrics. Off to a great start!

I did so he knows what to pack. I even decided to warn him about the Noro issues the ship has been having, so he is prepared to wash his hands a lot and not touch his face. He is excited to sail on Oceania and doesn't seem remotely concerned about the Noro so that is good!

I expect to get to the terminal around 1pm.

Getting excited now!

So glad he took it well I know you were concerned

have a great cruise

Lyn

Everything seems completely normal. Ice and champagne in the cabin, the cabin directory, etc. Tables are all set complete with salt and pepper shakers. Don't see any slimy walls or wet fabrics. Off to a great start!

That sounds like a winner to me! Thanks for the update.

Your updates are very important to all who are reading this thread. Thank you so much.

Hi Everyone, Todd & Troy from Atlanta here. kitty9 thank you for starting the thread and eroller for the latest updates! And congratulations on your wedding, Troy and I celebrated our 17th anniversary getting married too. I admit I haven't posted but have been lurking around reading all I can on what's been going on with the Riviera as we just booked our first Oceania cruise on Riviera after many sailings on HAL and Celebrity. I was the "push" to move up a level and after selling Troy on something I've only seen in photos and read about am concerned about it measuring up to my hype with sticky walls, no place settings etc... Not that we wouldn't have a great time anyway (it's a cruise!) but appreciate knowing what to expect. Sounds like all is going well and looking forward to hearing more updates and maybe a photo or two. Well that's it for now, just wanted to reach out and let everyone know that their postings on the status of the Riviera are greatly appreciated and eroller I hope you have a wonderful cruise!!!

Edited by T&T

We love the walk-in closet and yes we managed to fill it up! Lol.

[ATTACH]379499[/ATTACH]

LOL

They say women pack a lot

I think you guys have got us beat :eek:

Enjoy the cruise

Lyn

We also boarded Riviera today and as eroller said, everything appears fine. We spoke to our cabin attendant about the recent events, and she told us something interesting about last week's cases of gastro. She said on embarkation day, someone was diagnosed at 6 PM. That means they didn't get it on Riviera!

We also boarded Riviera today and as eroller said, everything appears fine. We spoke to our cabin attendant about the recent events, and she told us something interesting about last week's cases of gastro. She said on embarkation day, someone was diagnosed at 6 PM. That means they didn't get it on Riviera!

And that is how it all starts