Champagne tower

iriemon

Have not been on Princess for a couple of years and was wondering if they still do the champagne tower and dance party. That always was a lot of fun but have not seen it mentioned in any reviews lately. If it makes a difference we are on the Regal in a couple of weeks

Thanks,looking forward to it (not the champagne it is really cheap stuff) it is always a good time and even if you don't participate it is a great people watching venue. I was thinking it was the second formal night so thanks for the heads up. Wouldn't want to miss it

On another note, does Crown have a "British Pub Fish and Chips"? We had it on Royal Princess and it was good...malt vinegar and all.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes, usually a couple times during a cruise and usually in Crown Grill.

Have not been on Princess for a couple of years and was wondering if they still do the champagne tower and dance party. That always was a lot of fun but have not seen it mentioned in any reviews lately. If it makes a difference we are on the Regal in a couple of weeks

Yes, they had it on our Feb.7-21 cruise. Personally thought it was kind of "kitschy".

Of all the cruises I have been on, I've never attended this event. Oh, I've walked through the area on my way to another place on the ship but I could never understand what all the hoopla was all about. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it's a crowd-pleaser and people enjoy getting their photos taken. Perhaps even more so it's the tradition of the event?

Champagne waterfall, yes!

Love the NL truffles on a stick they hand out with the champagne. :)

I do not drink wine/champagne so did not see the point of attending this event until I happened to be enjoying a pizza in Alfredo's one evening when they started the champagne waterfall. Those Truffle pops made a lovely dessert and I don't plan on missing the event ever again!

Edited by bigenna

Several years ago the Champagne waterfall was an event around 10:30 PM and, as you remember, included a dance party.

Now this event is held between 7P M and 8 PM (between 1st and 2nd dinner seatings) and includes the introduction of the officers and the Captain's welcome speech. Before the introduction and the speech there will be a band playing, but dancing space is very limited. The event ends after the Captain's speech and thus no dance party.

But, as others have pointed out, if you like chocolate, the chocolate pops handed out during the event are heavenly.

Yes, they had it on our Feb.7-21 cruise. Personally thought it was kind of "kitschy".

I thought it would be a bit tacky too but I was so wrong and now I wouldn't miss it for the world. They hand out free champers, and red and white wine if you're lucky and in the right spot, and the platters of hor d'oeuvres are wonderful. All free not like the sail away cocktails that you're invited to drink before being told the price! And the best bit? Everyone is dressed in their finery. Young and old. And the folk queuing to have their photo taken pouring that cheap wine onto the fountain are loving every minute of the experience and will treasure their photos forever. I love watching the whole event and sharing in the happiness of all those eager to particpate.

Several years ago the Champagne waterfall was an event around 10:30 PM and, as you remember, included a dance party.

Now this event is held between 7P M and 8 PM (between 1st and 2nd dinner seatings) and includes the introduction of the officers and the Captain's welcome speech. Before the introduction and the speech there will be a band playing, but dancing space is very limited. The event ends after the Captain's speech and thus no dance party.

But, as others have pointed out, if you like chocolate, the chocolate pops handed out during the event are heavenly.

Been to quite a few champagne waterfalls on Princess. No one has ever offered me a chocolate pop. Just prawns and salmon canapes. Think I'm the winner here ;-)

Edited by wishfulone

I do not drink wine/champagne so did not see the point of attending this event until I happened to be enjoying a pizza in Alfredo's one evening when they started the champagne waterfall. Those Truffle pops made a lovely dessert and I don't plan on missing the event ever again!

It's the only reason we go now. We each grab a few & head to the show lounge to hold a seat.

Been to quite a few champagne waterfalls on Princess. No one has ever offered me a chocolate pop. Just prawns and salmon canapes. Think I'm the winner here ;-)

The canapes are gone for a while now (i think) & replaced by the pops. Everyone usually crowds around the waiters when they arrive & they're gone in a flash.

I thought it would be a bit tacky too but I was so wrong and now I wouldn't miss it for the world. They hand out free champers, and red and white wine if you're lucky and in the right spot, and the platters of hor d'oeuvres are wonderful. All free not like the sail away cocktails that you're invited to drink before being told the price! And the best bit? Everyone is dressed in their finery. Young and old. And the folk queuing to have their photo taken pouring that cheap wine onto the fountain are loving every minute of the experience and will treasure their photos forever. I love watching the whole event and sharing in the happiness of all those eager to particpate.

On the Diamond during cruises around Japan you can see some of the Japanese ladies wearing nice kimonos which add to the experience and provide some photo opportunities :) We even saw some men wearing kimonos!

Edited by Montrealais

If it looked as grand as you've said, I would stay. most pax really weren't dressed in their finery, however. Just looked more like a quick "photo op". Really no Canapés or "pops" passed out that I saw. If they were, then they were gone in an instant.

If it looked as grand as you've said, I would stay. most pax really weren't dressed in their finery, however. Just looked more like a quick "photo op". Really no Canapés or "pops" passed out that I saw. If they were, then they were gone in an instant.

You've got to be quick to get any of the pops. They were gone in a flash every time we've seen them handed out. I think they only make just so many & when they're gone you're out of luck.

Common sense would tell me that if "they only make so many", it would be polite to only take one.

Everyone had the opportunity to be at the event & participate in both the champagne & truffles and it was advertised in the Patter for all to read.

I let everyone else have my portion of the champagne. :D