ONE Cruise Director's opinion of Cruise Critic

I don't know, the OP stated, as you quoted, that they had received information twice ("last night and this morning") that said one thing (OP never said the two information sessions contradicted each other). Why would they need a third statement about something, which even if you grant the CD a "public figure" status, is really an internal matter between the employee and the cruise line?

And the OP was not about the assignments (since they never stated what information they had received prior to the "incident") but about the CD's attitude, which as I said, should have been addressed at the time, in person, not on a message board.

I was not present so I cannot speak for the OP, but can still understand how another request may have been prompted for clarification (of the conflicting previous info).

As for the attitude matter...yes...I agree this may be ideally address person-to-person...yet the out-of-character-for RCI-staff-behavior seems to warrant posting as such on any site with the name "critic" in it, especially for their firsthand experience.

As i stated previously - this is extremely rare for any RCI staff, which is likely why someone called attention to it.

I don't know, the OP stated, as you quoted, that they had received information twice ("last night and this morning") that said one thing (OP never said the two information sessions contradicted each other). Why would they need a third statement about something, which even if you grant the CD a "public figure" status, is really an internal matter between the employee and the cruise line?

And the OP was not about the assignments (since they never stated what information they had received prior to the "incident") but about the CD's attitude, which as I said, should have been addressed at the time, in person, not on a message board.

So why didn't the CD say, "I appreciate your interest, however this is an internal matter between myself and the cruise line."?

While I don't care who the CD is, any CD who thinks it is no one's business which ship they are assigned to is deluding themselves. JH posts Carnival's well in advance. I went to the Q&A with the CD on my last cruise and he was GRILLED about where he was going, where other CDs were going, when one was going to be back, etc. He had the good sense to take it all with good grace and answer the questions as best he could. While apparently many dislike him, I thought he was great and he is the only CD I remember from any cruise. I would never book a cruise based upon what ship he was on, but I would be ecstatic to find out he is the CD on the cruise I pick.

Any other response and this would have been a non-event. Instead, per the OP Mercedes shot her mouth off and numerous posts follow.

Any other response and this would have been a non-event..

HA!! I almost called you a rookie, but I see you've been on these boards since 2010. In that case, I say....come on. You don't really believe that, do you? ;)

HA!! I almost called you a rookie, but I see you've been on these boards since 2010. In that case, I say....come on. You don't really believe that, do you? ;)

I don't frequent too many forums, this and an industry one I rarely visit at this point. On both, there certainly are those that like to stir the pot, but I really doubt the OP would have said a word had Mercedes merely given a polite, yet meaningless response.

I don't frequent too many forums, this and an industry one I rarely visit at this point. On both, there certainly are those that like to stir the pot, but I really doubt the OP would have said a word had Mercedes merely given a polite, yet meaningless response.

Bingo - then this thread would not have existed, which would have been perfectly fine.

I'm assuming you mean her discussion with the Cruise Director, right? The truth is, we don't know how that discussion went exactly and the CD is not here to defend herself.

I went back and re-read the first post. No where did the OP pass judgement, they simply passed on what was said. While certainly the OP could be a bold faced liar, I doubt it. There was just a desire to pass on information. Yes, we weren't there, so it may have gone even worse than the OP relayed.

The OP was very precise as to time, but then the OP later mentioned being a surgeon. Perhaps the OP is simply very precise in life because that is what his/her job requires.

He didn't suggest that the OP was passing judgement. He said we've only heard one side of the story. I can't disagree with him.